Orci Drops Rangers Project
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Retro Review: Image in the Sand
By: Michelle on Sep 20

Star Trek: Shadows Of Tyranny Casting Call
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Closed Thread

Old July 8 2004, 04:02 PM   #676
Klaus
Rear Admiral

View Klaus's Twitter Profile
Re: Never seen TOS scenes...

nicely done...
Old July 8 2004, 05:28 PM   #677
Warped9
Admiral

And just a straight beauty shot from a second series we never got...
Old July 8 2004, 05:55 PM   #678
Kagan
Commodore

^^My, my, my...

Kinda makes you want to rewrite parts of TNG back into Phase II. Let's see there's The Child which was supposed to be a Lieutenant Ilia story. Guess we could easily find a pic of Ilia...but making Ian bald-headed would be a little different.
Old July 8 2004, 06:42 PM   #679
Warped9
Admiral

^^ Makes you almost cry, doesn't it?

And what might a tweaked original Enterprise look like in a new Pike era series...
Old July 8 2004, 07:13 PM   #680
Kagan
Commodore

Posted by Warped9:
^^ Makes you almost cry, doesn't it?

And what might a tweaked original Enterprise look like in a new Pike era series...

Now this is the one that gets me all choked up!
Old July 8 2004, 07:20 PM   #681
Warped9
Admiral

Sometimes it's challenging to imagine new images. The ship/space shots are easy because, well, candidly I love the original E and I never get tired of finding new ways to depict it. Still, it can get a teeny bit monotonous and it is nice to see a variety of images. I just wish I was set up to do my own screen captures as that would makes things somewhat easier. I'll get around to that eventually...
Old July 8 2004, 07:34 PM   #682
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

View Classic Fan's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Classic Fan
Re: A TOS/TMP Uniforrm Crossover Stunt.

Posted by Odysseus:
classic fan, i'm not hijacking your picture, but you gave me an idea. if this is set during tos, then kirk would be a little younger, so ironed out his wrinkles...

http://www.geocities.com/odesseus2004/odspage.html

geocities doesn't link me straight to it.

Thats good, but, where theres good there is always a J-Lo sized but...

Posted by Me:

Now, this i see happening in one of the last few episodes of STAR TREK, say season 6 or 7, where the Enterprise is in her first month of refitting under Captain Decker.

This scene takes place in the last episode before TOS goes off the air for TMP release 18 months or so later.

The newly promoted Admiral Kirk visits Commander Scott (Not Lt. Cmndr) on the now gutted Enterprise to see how everythings going. Scott is still wearing the original uniform, while Kirk has adopted the new design. In 18 months (TMP time) all starfleet crew will have adopted this uniform.

The new TMP uniforms come into use during these last episodes, so its kind of like what Generations did with the TNG/DS9 uniforms, they merged them into one movie.
Ive highlighted the words and phrases you may have missed.

Now as this scene is late in TOS, season 6 or 7, it makes sense that 'The Shat' would look this ages as it is barely 2 years before TMP is released.

In other words, Late Phase II, buddy.
"Course your not,your not scared of anything. Box falls out the sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard. Look at you, just sittin' there,you know what i think? Must be helluva scary crack in your wall" - The Doctor
Old July 8 2004, 07:49 PM   #683
Odysseus
Commodore

atually it doesn't make any sense he would look that old. if you look at a close up of what i did i smoothed him out to look intermediate of tos and tmp. he looks older that tos and younger than tmp.

the 'shat' when he was in tmp was at an age when the male face goes through a dramatic change in a couple of years. i was showing him at the beginning of the process

i see no reason to have a cow over it.
Old July 8 2004, 07:57 PM   #684
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

View Classic Fan's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Classic Fan

Posted by Odysseus:

atually it doesn't make any sense he would look that old. if you look at a close up of what i did i smoothed him out to look intermediate of tos and tmp. he looks older that tos and younger than tmp.

the 'shat' when he was in tmp was at an age when the male face goes through a dramatic change in a couple of years. i was showing him at the beginning of the process

i see no reason to have a cow over it.
Ahhhh, i see.

I still say that in late 1977-1978-ish he would like this. But then, i havnt seen him post TOS, pre TMP.
"Course your not,your not scared of anything. Box falls out the sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard. Look at you, just sittin' there,you know what i think? Must be helluva scary crack in your wall" - The Doctor
Old July 8 2004, 08:30 PM   #685
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

Ok,the lack of colour in TMP is evident, so, sticking with the series colour scheme, apart from medical now being white, ive changed command back to its original colour.

Thats one thing that got me about TMP, grey seemed to be for all departments, well, most of the movie it did, and only the insignia was there for departmental colours.

Image 2:
Now i know the blue is the wrong shade, but thats the closest i could get. And as Red uniforms didnt exist when Kirk was at this rank, i put him in blue to show the difference it can make, so...

We meet a young Lt. Commander Kirk on the Faragut...

Take a close look at the rank braid.
Old July 8 2004, 09:58 PM   #686
Kagan
Commodore

Posted by Classic Fan:
Image 2:
Now i know the blue is the wrong shade, but thats the closest i could get. And as Red uniforms didnt exist when Kirk was at this rank, i put him in blue to show the difference it can make, so...

Rank braid??? Where???

Oh, there it is hiding behind JTK's stomach!

Good work, CF. Maybe the blue should be a deeper shade, but still an interesting idea. Couldn't resist the joke though. As for whether or not blue could be worn by security in The Cage and WNMHGB eras, it seems that security didn't have a set color. The sergeant-at-arms on Pike's bridge wears blue while guarding the turbolift. Mr. Leslie is in the second pilot, seemingly as a security guard, and wearing blue. He is in the first scene on Delta Vega and later in the first showing of Mitchell in the brig. So you may have the right color after all, since there doesn't seem to be any consistency in security colors before the dreaded red shirt appeared on the scene.
Old July 8 2004, 09:58 PM   #687
Warped9
Admiral

^^ Hope you don't mind me borrowing your pick. Here is another not-so-subtle peek at what TMP uniforms could have looked like...
Old July 8 2004, 10:34 PM   #688
Odysseus
Commodore

Posted by Classic Fan:

that's some detail!
Old July 8 2004, 10:58 PM   #689
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

Your telling me, it took ages to remove the upper braid to make it a Lt. Commander rank.

And thats why i chose to put him in blue, becuase red doesnt exist and we had already seen him in light mustard and gold, so next step was blue.

As i said about the blue shade, i tried deeper shades but it just didnt work, it either went too dark or it turned a real foggie sky blue.

Its the Kobyashi Maru, gentlemen.

I dont mind, W9, i cant seem to get an effective green on the programme i use, and everytime i try red it goes pink.

Ive tried getting photoshop, but every version i download doesnt seem to install properly.
Old July 9 2004, 12:08 AM   #690
Duncan MacLeod
Fleet Captain

Posted by Kagan:
Posted by Classic Fan:
Image 2:

Rank braid??? Where???

Oh, there it is hiding behind JTK's stomach!

Good work, CF. Maybe the blue should be a deeper shade, but still an interesting idea. Couldn't resist the joke though. As for whether or not blue could be worn by security in The Cage and WNMHGB eras, it seems that security didn't have a set color. The sergeant-at-arms on Pike's bridge wears blue while guarding the turbolift. Mr. Leslie is in the second pilot, seemingly as a security guard, and wearing blue. He is in the first scene on Delta Vega and later in the first showing of Mitchell in the brig. So you may have the right color after all, since there doesn't seem to be any consistency in security colors before the dreaded red shirt appeared on the scene.
Sorry to have to rain on your parade but Kirk was not in security. That's actually a very old story dating from Trek's dark ages ( the 1970s ) and even then it was different. The story went that Kirk started in the Security curriculum at the Academy but when he learned that very few starship captains came up from the Security division he changed his major to Navigation as that was the more usual source of Captains.

The whole story was used to explain why Kirk was so good at HTH Combat and Small Unit Tactics. Not that Kirk couldn't have served in Security at one point or another. Most Command Officers have served in many different departments as part of their training, but Kirk was probably still a Lieutenant when he did his time in Security. By the time he made Lieutenant Commander he was probably an XO somewhere.

But that's just a guess on my part.
Closed Thread