RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,691
Members: 24,828
Currently online: 520
Newest member: ncc1500

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 31 2014, 12:53 AM   #16
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: Season 5 of Lost Girl will be the last

While I know the show is a Canadian import from Showcase, I do think it's odd that nothing has ever lasted on the Sci-Fi channel for more than 5 seasons. Even the longer running shows that they've aired that they picked up from other networks only lasted 5 or less. Stargate SG-1 lasted 5 seasons on Showtime and the other 5 on Sci-Fi. Similarly, they picked up the last 3 seasons of MST3K after Comedy Central cancelled it. And while they carried the 1st 4 seasons of the new Doctor Who, it moved to BBC America in time for Season 5.

Christopher wrote: View Post
The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
And to be perfectly honest, Season 4 was a train wreck.
Oh, gods, don't remind me of the train...

Oh, geez! Pun totally not intended there. But, yes, lets all try our best to forget Crazy Train!

I still can't help but feel that episodes like "In Memorium" & "Waves" just demonstrated how much better the show was without Bo, when they let Kenzi take the spotlight.
Old August 31 2014, 01:48 AM   #17
Technobuilder
Commodore

Kenzi could definitely front her own show. Here's hoping Ksenia Solo gets more work soon.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2014, 03:14 AM   #18
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

While I know the show is a Canadian import from Showcase, I do think it's odd that nothing has ever lasted on the Sci-Fi channel for more than 5 seasons. Even the longer running shows that they've aired that they picked up from other networks only lasted 5 or less. Stargate SG-1 lasted 5 seasons on Showtime and the other 5 on Sci-Fi. Similarly, they picked up the last 3 seasons of MST3K after Comedy Central cancelled it. And while they carried the 1st 4 seasons of the new Doctor Who, it moved to BBC America in time for Season 5.

Christopher wrote: View Post
And to be perfectly honest, Season 4 was a train wreck.
Oh, gods, don't remind me of the train...

Oh, geez! Pun totally not intended there. But, yes, lets all try our best to forget Crazy Train!

I still can't help but feel that episodes like "In Memorium" & "Waves" just demonstrated how much better the show was without Bo, when they let Kenzi take the spotlight.
Yeah, many is the time I've thought Buffy The Vampire Slayer would have been better without Buffy.

But then you run into the whole "The show is about her" thing...

Same here...

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2014, 04:42 AM   #19
JD
Admiral

They could always just pull a The Closer/Major Crimes and get rid of Anna Silk, but keep everyone else and make Ksenia Solo the lead. It's not gonna happen obviously, but a guy can dream.
Old August 31 2014, 09:19 AM   #20
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Well, she's a girl and she could get lost, so the title could still fit.
Old August 31 2014, 11:50 PM   #21
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

Admiral2 wrote: View Post
Yeah, many is the time I've thought Buffy The Vampire Slayer would have been better without Buffy.
Which is why I vastly preferred Angel.

But, yeah, crossing my fingers for some kind of spin-off after Bo's adventures conclude. If we can't get the Kenzi show, maybe the Vex show?