Search For The Enterprise

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by admiral_reliant, Jul 20, 2014.

1. admiral_reliant

admiral_reliant Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

It'll be interesting to see if they come forward...but more interesting to see if they accept the offer. I'd be tempted to keep it as-is.

3. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

If I owned the refit,I'd pay for shipping to and from just to get Olson to be able to get it back to anything like the way it was. Or fly the guy out and put him up.

4. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

All I know is that if I owned it, I would not post it's location on this board. What could possibly go wrong?

5. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

The guy who owns the drydock and a few lesser pieces posts here a lot, his username has SEARCH in it and he seems like a terrific guy.

Anyway, if you can afford to buy the refit, you can probably afford to give it a formidable defensive system. If not phasers, then at least a self-destruct ...

6. admiral_reliant

Precisely why Paul has made his email address public, if the guy comes forward it still remains anonymous to the rest of us.

7. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Has anybody even bought the Olsen book? I was interested but had no facility for buying and reading an ebook. now if there's a hardcopy version, I'll bite.

8. Shat Happens

Shat Happens Captain Captain

9. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I kinda like the way it looked as the 1701-A.

Wasn't there someone over at modeler magic who was making a full size "studio scale" replica? http://www.modelermagic.com/?cat=2587

I think he might be better off painting one of those--or a big deBoer model.

Then it and the original refit could be put in the museum, side by side.

Then add this to it: http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=61170

Perhaps painting a new model might be the best way to go. If there is an accident--no great loss, you just use another casting.

10. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

With the full pearlescent effect, you wouldn't want the two side-by-side, that would need to live in its own deepspace no key light or raking key light environment.

The ILM version would probably be best viewed in a smoke room (oh okay, I'd love to see that too, just not nearly as much. I about lost it when I saw the E-E in person and held the jewel that was the Phoenix, so you know I'd be nuts over the refit in any condition.)

11. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

That would make for an interesting display. A new model with the pearlescent paint up in spacedock, and the original in that smoke-room (the Mutara Nebula)

12. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Then somebody can build the JJprise practically and display it in a sewage tank as homage to its reveal in INTO DORKINESS.

13. Search4

Search4 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks for the shout out!

I have only heard rumors about where the ship is. And I've looked and asked and called. No confirmation just urban myth.

While the cost is always a concern I would be delighted to procure the E and of course it needs both structural repair and that paint job.

I will email the original artist (already have his book) in case somehow this springs.

Adam

14. admiral_reliant

I had had two people reply to my post on Facebook and we have found the buyer. Now the task of convincing him to go ahead with the project.

15. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

16. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Good news!