RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,670
Members: 24,822
Currently online: 428
Newest member: The Great Duck

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 20 2014, 05:19 AM   #1
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

Aldnoah.Zero

Aldnoah.Zero is a new mecha series currently being broadcast over in Japan, and hosted online at sites like Crunchyroll and Daisuki:

The Knights of Mars fall from the skies. Spurring on their giants made of steel. In order to eradicate the humans of Earth. This is ALDNOAH.ZERO. Creators of overwhelming power have gathered to make this epic tale a reality. Having once worked on the TV anime series Fate/Zero, Gen Urobuchi, writer of supreme skill who plumbs the deepest recesses of the mind; Ei Aoki, who exceeds his viewers' expectations by light years with his visual expressions that are both gorgeous and audacious, enter the ring once more. Animation production will be by A-1 Pictures, as well as TROYCA, which Aoki himself is involved with. In addition, Takako Shimura is also on board as original character designer. The delicate bearing of her characters painfully depicts people living through an interplanetary war. Plus, the mecha designs are overseen by cutting-edge I-IV. As for the music, Hiroyuki Sawano will add an air of profundity. What they are creating is striking action, world-building where no detail has been overlooked, and an almost palpable sense of the terror of war, and personal drama resulting from the intertwining of genuine, earnest emotion. This will be an utterly new robot anime that both sticks to the tried-and-true, yet also is unlike anything seen before. ALDNOAH.ZERO. This show is declaring war on us humans of Earth. You must go out and meet it.
Is anyone here following it so far?

(Since the first three eps are out, I'd recommend anyone with an interest in the show try all three at once - and to watch to the very end of the third episode.)
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2014, 07:45 PM   #2
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Re: Aldnoah.Zero

I have it on my Crunchyroll queue, but I haven't watched it yet. It does look interesting.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20 2014, 08:41 PM   #3
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Nerroth wrote: View Post
(Since the first three eps are out, I'd recommend anyone with an interest in the show try all three at once - and to watch to the very end of the third episode.)
These three episodes however are not representative of the show as a whole since the writer of the first three episodes, Gen Urobuchi, reportedly left afterwards over creative disagreements with the head director of the show who had him replaced with another well less known and less skilled writer.
Old July 20 2014, 09:08 PM   #4
publiusr
Commodore

Outlaw Star and Planetes was more my cup of tea.

Less robots--less action figures--more spacecraft.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2014, 04:03 AM   #5
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

For those who may have an interest in this series' OST, a sampler has been posted here.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2014, 01:58 PM   #6
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I like that press release though. "Gen Urobuchi, writer of supreme skill who plumbs the deepest recesses of the mind; Ei Aoki, who exceeds his viewers' expectations by light years with his visual expressions that are both gorgeous and audacious". Definitely sound like creators of overwhelming power.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote