New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old July 17 2014, 09:14 PM   #31
Melakon
Vice Admiral

Re: Zesty Sauce With My Onion Rings

Edited.
Old July 17 2014, 09:34 PM   #32
Bob The Skutter
The Revd's Oldman

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

I got first world problems and the sauce is one.
Old July 17 2014, 09:50 PM   #33
BigJake
Rear Admiral

So the other day I was up in my local Tubby Dog*, and I was all like "I need an A-Bomb**, stat, and mayonnaise for my sweet potato fries, you feel me?" And the guy nodded with a pleasant expression on his face and promptly got my order, including the mayonnaise.

But check this. He was six seconds slower than the hot dog guy who got my order the previous week.

Six. Seconds.

I was almost kept waiting.

:s cream:

I mean, come on, fast food workers! Standards! If you're not first, you're last!

* Actually it's the only one. So I guess it's "local" by definition.

** A type of hot dog, not a type of ordnance.
Old July 17 2014, 09:58 PM   #34
Melakon
Vice Admiral

But did he at least feel you?
Old July 17 2014, 10:00 PM   #35
Alrik
Rear Admiral

Melakon wrote: View Post
Edited.
At least you got that off your chest.
Old July 17 2014, 10:01 PM   #36
BigJake
Rear Admiral

So distressed was I by the six-second lag that I don't even remember. My entire year is ruined.
Old July 17 2014, 10:15 PM   #37
Melakon
Vice Admiral

Alrik wrote: View Post
Edited.
Well, yeah. He's complaining about not getting some fancy schmancy sauce, while I have to deal with the damn store closing entirely?
Old July 17 2014, 11:26 PM   #38
sonak
Vice Admiral

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
sonak wrote: View Post
Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post

To everyone but you. This is the First Worldiest of First World problems. I can't believe you actually started a thread about it.
this is Misc. Is there some kind of minimum "very serious subject" standard that the thread has to meet? If so, why is there a what are you eating/drinking thread?
Did I shut your thread down? No, I just said it was silly thing to complain about and start a thread about. Just ask for the stupid sauce.

What if an individual isn't very assertive and is shy about asking for things not directly offered to them? Maybe they were looking forward to dipping some delicious golden rings into some delicious and tastefully spicy sauce but were spooked off when the personnel at the counter just thrust the tray at them without offering any?

Shy folks prob'ly want some zesty sauce, too.
Old July 17 2014, 11:28 PM   #39
sonak
Vice Admiral

Alrik wrote: View Post
Edited.
Well, yeah. He's complaining about not getting some fancy schmancy sauce, while I have to deal with the damn store closing entirely?

people are acting like this sauce is a new/unusual thing. It's been in BKs near me for a while. Is it a regional thing? I didn't realize it wasn't available at most restaurants.
Old July 18 2014, 04:16 AM   #40
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
I got first world problems and the sauce is one.
Old July 18 2014, 08:11 PM   #41
Scout101
Admiral

people are acting like this sauce is a new/unusual thing. It's been in BKs near me for a while. Is it a regional thing? I didn't realize it wasn't available at most restaurants.
It's not that, it's that Onion Rings with Zesty sauce isn't a standard/automatic thing, so that's the unusual part. Feel free to ask for it, don't be shocked if it isn't just offered up.

Like I said, I like my BK fries with sweet and sour sauce, but I know that ketchup is the norm, so i have to ask for it if I want it. If you want something non-standard, and are too shy to ask for it, not sure what to tell you there. If asking for sauce or ketchup packets at BK is too far outside the comfort zone, world must be a scary place indeed...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18 2014, 09:02 PM   #42
RoJoHen
Awesome

Scout101 wrote: View Post
It's not that, it's that Onion Rings with Zesty sauce isn't a standard/automatic thing, so that's the unusual part. Feel free to ask for it, don't be shocked if it isn't just offered up.
Indeed. In my 10 years of restaurant experience, I have learned that most people eat onion rings with ketchup...or nothing.
Old July 18 2014, 11:06 PM   #43
sonak
Vice Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Scout101 wrote: View Post
Indeed. In my 10 years of restaurant experience, I have learned that most people eat onion rings with ketchup...or nothing.

huh, ketchup with onion rings just sounds weird. Zesty sauce is so much better. I feel like I should spread the word about Zesty sauce with onion rings. Perhaps Zesty sauce has a Facebook page...
Old July 18 2014, 11:19 PM   #44
Melakon
Vice Admiral

huh, ketchup with onion rings just sounds weird. Zesty sauce is so much better. I feel like I should spread the word about Zesty sauce with onion rings. Perhaps Zesty sauce has a Facebook page...
Well, maybe it sounds weird to you, but people were eating onion rings with ketchup long before Burger King trademarked Zesty sauce. It's impossible for me to guess what it tastes like from its name, but I suspect it has jalapenos in it or something, which I don't like.

Are you sure you don't work for Burger King, the way you keep plugging the stuff?

And apparently there's an online recipe to make your own knockoff of BK's sauce.

ETA: Oh, I see. It's mayo, ketchup, horseradish, mustard, sugar, and lemon juice. So the zest is probably coming from the horseradish.
Old July 19 2014, 04:12 AM   #45
sonak
Vice Admiral

Well, maybe it sounds weird to you, but people were eating onion rings with ketchup long before Burger King trademarked Zesty sauce. It's impossible for me to guess what it tastes like from its name, but I suspect it has jalapenos in it or something, which I don't like.

Are you sure you don't work for Burger King, the way you keep plugging the stuff?

And apparently there's an online recipe to make your own knockoff of BK's sauce.

ETA: Oh, I see. It's mayo, ketchup, horseradish, mustard, sugar, and lemon juice. So the zest is probably coming from the horseradish.
thanks for the tip on the online recipe. I'll look into that, but I might look for a substitute for the mayo, that's what's giving it the calories.(it's like 200 calories per container or something like that)

I'll eat my rings plain before I put ketchup on them, eww.