The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 2 2014, 11:32 AM   #16
Neroon
Mod of balance

Re: Wolverine and the X-Men: Why was it cancelled?

Perhaps we all need to stay on topic.

ReadyAndWilling, you have little room for complaint given your past performance, so please leave the accusations of trolling to the moderators for evaluation.

Mr. Adventure, Reverend, Silvercrest and anyone else concerned about Ready's posting ... you likewise need to stick to the topic. If you are concerned about anyone's posting tactics simply notify the moderators and WE will handle it. Capiche?
Old July 2 2014, 04:25 PM   #17
Christopher
Writer

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Anyway, I never saw this version. Maybe at some point I'll go back and check it out. I think the premise, which placed Wolverine at front and center, kind of bothered me, but I don't know if the actual show followed closely that premise (irony, I'm judging it by its title ).
It varied. Some of its episodes were very Wolverine-centric, while others (probably the majority) were much more team-driven and dealing with more general X-Men story elements like the "Days of Future Past" future, Magneto's mutant enclave on Genosha, and the like. So the title was pretty accurate in that sense: It was a combination of a Wolverine show and an X-Men show.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2014, 04:35 PM   #18
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

The title turned me off instantly so I only watched a few episodes. In general I didn't care for a lot of the central premise, especially turning Wolverine into an almost-Cyclops figure and vice-versa. It did have Kurt and Kitty, so that's a point in its favor, but in general for me it goes below the 90s show and Evo.
Old July 2 2014, 09:20 PM   #19
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Neroon wrote: View Post
Silvercrest and anyone else concerned about Ready's posting ... you likewise need to stick to the topic. If you are concerned about anyone's posting tactics simply notify the moderators and WE will handle it. Capiche?
Mea culpa; I focused too hard on the thread title. The topic is fine. Alidar Jarok makes a good point.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2014, 07:12 AM   #20
kitik
Commander

I really liked WATX. Wish it would have lasted longer.

It was a fun take on X-Men continuity. Definitely worth checking out if you're an X-Men fan. Don't let the name fool you. Lots of X-Men get lots of chances to shine. Nightcrawler was awesome.

If you're not familiar with the show but you were thinking of watching it, try to avoid spoilers. There are some pretty cool twists throughout the season.
kitik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2014, 12:15 PM   #21
Mr Light
Admiral

I can't believe there hasn't been a straight up non "twist on it" X-Men cartoon since the early 1990s Let's get on that, people!!!

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2014, 12:39 PM   #22
TemporalFlux
Commodore

Wasn't Wolverine and the X-men a casualty of Marvel getting its television rights back? When Marvel was able to negotiate back all of their television rights, shows produced by other studios were smothered and killed; Marvel wanted their cartoons to only be produced by Disney.

It's the same thing that killed Spectacular Spider-man and Iron Man: Armored Adventures (though Iron Man season 2 was already in production at the time the change happened, so it managed to finish that out season).

As for the future, Marvel Animation has been hinting lately in artwork at cons that there may be a Wolverine toon in the future (in addition to a Guardians of the Galaxy toon). Of course, I'm not too fond of the current Marvel Animation output from Jeph Loeb; so I'm not sure that's something to cheer. Avengers Assemble I can stomach; just as long as it's not like Ultimate Spider-man and Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2014, 12:56 PM   #23
Mr Light
Admiral

It sounds like Hulk and Agents of SMASH is cancelled with only two episodes left to air in the next few weeks. I won't particularly miss it

It is unfortunate that the current Marvel cartoons are being played so kiddie.

Old July 3 2014, 03:01 PM   #24
Christopher
Writer

kitik wrote: View Post
Don't let the name fool you. Lots of X-Men get lots of chances to shine. Nightcrawler was awesome.
Yeah, it's the best version of Nightcrawler we've had in animation. It also features the only animated version of Gambit whose voice I didn't find annoying (since they cast Phil LaMarr in the role).

Old July 3 2014, 03:31 PM   #25
RoJoHen
Awesome

It's a great show! And the way it's animated and acted almost makes it feel like a re-imagined sequel to the 90s FOX cartoon. The title makes sense given Wolverine's role in the show, but the show is hardly all about him. It would have been awesome to see this show continue.
Old July 3 2014, 05:22 PM   #26
Christopher
Writer

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
It's a great show! And the way it's animated and acted almost makes it feel like a re-imagined sequel to the 90s FOX cartoon.
Hmm? I don't see that at all. The design and animation style were much closer to X-Men Evolution than to the '90s show, and in fact the show had a number of key creative people in common with XME. At first, there were a lot of people wondering if it was a stealth sequel to XME, although it soon enough became clear that the realities weren't compatible.

Old July 4 2014, 04:57 AM   #27
ReadyAndWilling
Fleet Captain

Mr Light wrote: View Post
It sounds like Hulk and Agents of SMASH is cancelled with only two episodes left to air in the next few weeks. I won't particularly miss it

It is unfortunate that the current Marvel cartoons are being played so kiddie.
What makes you say that???

An obsessive Science-Fiction Geek at heart with a touch of Muscle Nerd on top.
ReadyAndWilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2014, 05:47 AM   #28
Mr Light
Admiral

That it was cancelled? Wikipedia.

That it's being played kiddie? Watching them

Old July 4 2014, 02:27 PM   #29
ReadyAndWilling
Fleet Captain

Mr Light wrote: View Post
That it was cancelled? Wikipedia.

That it's being played kiddie? Watching them
It doesn't say anything about SMASH being cancelled...?

An obsessive Science-Fiction Geek at heart with a touch of Muscle Nerd on top.
ReadyAndWilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2014, 02:33 PM   #30
Mr Light
Admiral

Actually, they did remove the link stating it was cancelled, but it still doesn't list any second season being planned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_an...s_of_S.M.A.S.H.

No. of seasons 1 No. of episodes 26 (List of episodes)Season Episodes Originally aired (U.S. dates) DVD and Blu-ray release date Series premiere Series finale Region 1/A Region 2/B Region 4/B
1 26 August 11, 2013 July 13, 2014 TBA TBA TBA