Trek Actors Get A Raise
By: T'Bonz on Jun 26

San Diego Comic-Con Star Trek Uglydolls
By: T'Bonz on Jun 25

Trek 3 Vancouver Filming
By: T'Bonz on Jun 25

Yarnall’s Cancer Battle
By: T'Bonz on Jun 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old June 30 2014, 03:13 PM   #16
JJohnson
Captain

Re: Star Trek Continues: Episode 4 and beyond?

If I heard correctly, STC is in Georgia. I'd be happy to help out behind the scenes, or as an extra in the background.
JJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30 2014, 04:44 PM   #17
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile

JJohnson wrote: View Post
If I heard correctly, STC is in Georgia. I'd be happy to help out behind the scenes, or as an extra in the background.
Check out their website. They are working with the Farragut crew. Contact either group. Fair warning, that while making these shows is plenty of fun, it's also hard work!
MikeH92467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30 2014, 06:32 PM   #18
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

They're about an hour north of you, JJohnson, in Kingsland/St. Mary's Georgia. There's a Starship Farragut event this coming weekend in fact that you might be interested in attending. There's also the Farragut Fest Open House in December. STC uses their sets.
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30 2014, 09:19 PM   #19
ClayinCA
Commodore

Well, that answers some of my questions. Right now I live in New Jersey and am shortly to move to Los Angeles. I guess I'm not well placed to get involved with ...Continues in either location.
ClayinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30 2014, 09:57 PM   #20
YJAGG
Lieutenant Commander

GSchnitzer wrote: View Post
YJAGG wrote: View Post
I would like a show taking part in place on another ship-like in the Doomsday Machine - in the ultimate computer we all rained our neck hoping that blue shirt woudl turn so we could see his ship patch
A bit more information about that is here:

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/?p=2329
not starting an old debate here, my point is how excited were we to see inside another ship? what was the intrepid like ? was there an all Andorian ship
YJAGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30 2014, 10:54 PM   #21
Warped9
Admiral

Being able to see the interiors of sister ships to the Enterprise is fairly easy by simply using established Enterprise sets. And it establishes that those sister ships don't differ drastically from the Enterprise.

Showing interiors of other types of Starfleet ships might be done with some mild redressing of existing sets. From what we saw of the freighter Huron in TAS' "Pirates Of Orion" perhaps the control room could be a redress of the Enterprise's Auxiliary Control set.

I imagine showing the interiors of alien ships could be more challenging. A recreation of the cramped control room of a Romulan Warbird seen in "Balance Of Terror" could be cool. In "The Enterprise Incident" the interiors of the Romulan warship were mostly redressed Enterprise interiors I believe.
Old June 30 2014, 10:59 PM   #22
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Warped9 wrote: View Post
A recreation of the cramped control room of a Romulan Warbird seen in "Balance Of Terror" could be cool. In "The Enterprise Incident" the interiors of the Romulan warship were mostly redressed Enterprise interiors I believe.
Starship Farragut already did this. Since Continues uses Farragut's sets, I'm assuming they'll also have access to that Romulan Control Room.
Old June 30 2014, 11:14 PM   #23
Warped9
Admiral

USS Intrepid wrote: View Post
Warped9 wrote: View Post
A recreation of the cramped control room of a Romulan Warbird seen in "Balance Of Terror" could be cool. In "The Enterprise Incident" the interiors of the Romulan warship were mostly redressed Enterprise interiors I believe.
Starship Farragut already did this. Since Continues uses Farragut's sets, I'm assuming they'll also have access to that Romulan Control Room.
Yep, I'd momentarily forgotten about that. Good point.
Old June 30 2014, 11:27 PM   #24
Bixby
Commander

not starting an old debate here, my point is how excited were we to see inside another ship? what was the intrepid like ? was there an all Andorian ship
The USS EAGLE that was featured in PHASE 2's ENEMY STARFLEET webisode is supposed to be an all-Andorian ship, per the website Memory Beta...
Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2014, 03:16 AM   #25
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

Bixby wrote: View Post
The USS EAGLE that was featured in PHASE 2's ENEMY STARFLEET webisode is supposed to be an all-Andorian ship, per the website Memory Beta...
We did indeed have an Andorian captain of the U.S.S Eagle. Here I am applying the Andorian make-up to Vic Mignogna.

And a screen shot from the episode. (It really is a screen shot: the only glimpse we get of the captain is via the viewscreen.)

http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2014, 04:15 PM   #26
YJAGG
Lieutenant Commander

Bixby wrote: View Post
and we did not see much of that ship...how about two or more ships working together Scotty and a team go over to help on the repairs and enemies show up and he is cut off.

And yes the Romulan ship sets were the same enterprise sets but, that was ok for me. It was a different ship to me.
We know it's not real, but (for me) it gives a little light to what would be off camera

An example would be the bridge could be retooled to be a Star Base command center take out the center seat helm and nav- add a Tardis / LIS looking center bit and add a second set of turbo lift doors to the station commander's office and viola the "bridge" of K-7 that we never saw.

or Aux control or the conference room sets could be retooled to be the Bridge of smaller ships. For Aux control move the center seat and add a view screen. After all it's a smaller ship and more cramped. Do the same for the conference room plus the helm station, environmental/ engineering station and a com station and you have a freighter which dose not have much in the way of weapons, or the need for a science station.

Take the bio beds out of sickbay and you have a blank slate engine room another conference room.

The corridors are the corridors change the bits of detail, throw up some PVC piping or drain tubes, use a different color paint and it's different enough
Old July 1 2014, 07:19 PM   #27
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Personally, given the track record Star Trek Continues has established for itself, I am more than confident that whatever they decide to do next will be up to their usual standards. I do not feel the need to rattle off a wish list of things I'd like to see or things I hope not to see.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2014, 01:59 PM   #28
YJAGG
Lieutenant Commander

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Personally, given the track record Star Trek Continues has established for itself, I am more than confident that whatever they decide to do next will be up to their usual standards. I do not feel the need to rattle off a wish list of things I'd like to see or things I hope not to see.
You will never please everyone, but unlike a big budget film that is not thinking about the fans first ( if at all) but the largest common denominator.

Feedback is always important and is a big part of the alchemy that is marketing. Fan films are an amazing from of self expression that can be be appreciated by the fellow fans and then to the those "outside" the fandom.
Old July 2 2014, 03:48 PM   #29
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

You have fun with that. I plan to discuss and speculate and follow the clues and news snippets and generally just nerd out right up until the next release. This is the closest I'll ever get to following my favorite show as it's produced! I'm going to have fun and savor every moment.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2014, 04:27 PM   #30
Warped9
Admiral

Kelso wrote: View Post

You have fun with that. I plan to discuss and speculate and follow the clues and news snippets and generally just nerd out right up until the next release. This is the closest I'll ever get to following my favorite show as it's produced! I'm going to have fun and savor every moment.
Agreed. I don't think I could get more excited about a production even if it were broadcast on television as a regular series.