RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 143,948
Members: 25,501
Currently online: 433
Newest member: Bille de clown

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old July 12 2014, 06:12 PM   #31
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

Re: Teen Wolf, Season 4 (SPOILERS)

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
So what was with the tube The Mute, that's what they called the mouthless dude on MTV's website, put into his neck and all of the compute code? That was weird.
That bit reminded me of Doctor Phibes,who had to plug a cord into his neck in order to speak through vintage audio equipment.
Don't know about the computer code, but I assume that the tube is a sort of feeding tube. As soon as I saw the Mute, How does he eat? was my first thought. The writers must have had the same concern; hence the tube scene.

As for the episode being TEEN wolf instead of teen WOLF, I appreciated the brief bit of normalcy on the show. The writers even mined a little humor from this with the scene between Stiles and Scott -- "There's been a mass homicide! Let's go check it out!" "Nooo, let's go to class instead."

At least they're addressing the fact that these characters still have homework and normal responsibilities since some other paranormal teen shows (Vampire Diaries, for instance) barely ever mention school even in passing, let alone showing them attending school. I still want the show's focus to be the supernatural stuff, but this sort of episode now and then is more than fine with me.

Side note: For a "normal-ish" episode, this one had a brilliant tease before the opening credits. Great suspenseful scene with the kid discovering the bloody cat and hiding from the killer, creepy cool introduction to the Mute, and a nice twist with the sound of the breaking glass and the shot of the kid running down the street. I love a well-produced tease -- the X-Files being the high bar that I measure all others by -- and this tease was X-Files worthy.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2014, 08:43 PM   #32
propita
Rear Admiral

Were the wendingo and Liam in the last episode? The one still on my dvr? Or do I need to be filled in due to a lack of memory?
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2014, 09:21 PM   #33
tenmei
Fleet Captain

It was this weeks episode - so the one still on your DVR.
Old July 15 2014, 07:18 AM   #34
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Tonight's episode was better than last week's. Since Liam survived the bite, he has been turned by Scott into a werewolf. His first full moon was pretty rough, and he would've seriously hurt or killed Scott, if not for Chris Argent's last-minute appearance. At the party, Stiles was able to help Malia from transforming and losing control while Lydia deciphered a cryptic message. The big question now is, who wants them all dead?

My favorite part was when Derek and Sheriff Stilinsky confronted the Mute. "You have the right to remain silent." Then came Peter with a vengeance who eviscerated the silent assassin. Wow, that was pure rage.
Old July 15 2014, 03:00 PM   #35
Aeolusdallas
Captain

I really liked this episode. I thought the best part was Stiles' exasperation at Scott's corney attempts to talk to Liam
Aeolusdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2014, 04:25 PM   #36
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Aeolusdallas wrote: View Post
I really liked this episode. I thought the best part was Stiles' exasperation at Scott's corney attempts to talk to Liam
What was it Stiles said? "This is why I make the plans. Your plans suck." I had to laugh because it's true.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2014, 04:41 PM   #37
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

So, money seems to be an issue this season. Stile's dad is in debt. Lydia's family is apparently broke. The Hales got ripped off to the tune of $71 million or so. And now somebody is posting bounties on supernaturals?

Gotta imagine all these financial crises are going to converge at some point . . ..
Old July 15 2014, 05:07 PM   #38
Beagleman
Captain

My favourite of the season so far, great character bits, which for me makes the series, as I really can't decipher most of the mythology, too much going on... but hey, it's a lot of fun.
Beagleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2014, 09:21 PM   #39
Aeolusdallas
Captain

So, money seems to be an issue this season. Stile's dad is in debt. Lydia's family is apparently broke. The Hales got ripped off to the tune of $71 million or so. And now somebody is posting bounties on supernaturals?

Gotta imagine all these financial crises are going to converge at some point . . ..
Lydia's family isn't broke. Her mom just said that Lydia would have top pay for any damages out of her own money/credit
Old July 15 2014, 09:38 PM   #40
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

This show teases with more upskirt shots than any anime I've ever seen.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2014, 11:20 PM   #41
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Lydia's family isn't broke. Her mom just said that Lydia would have top pay for any damages out of her own money/credit
What about that part where Lydia says that her family desperately needs to sell the lake house because they need the cash? That's why she freaked out when she spilled the red wine on the carpet--because they're putting the house up for sale.
Old July 15 2014, 11:21 PM   #42
Aeolusdallas
Captain

What about that part where Lydia says that her family desperately needs to sell the lake house because they need the cash? That's why she freaked out when she spilled the red wine on the carpet--because they're putting the house up for sale.
The scene with the wine on the carpet didn't have any dialogue just loud music and a weird distorted sound......
Old July 16 2014, 03:29 AM   #43
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

The scene with the wine on the carpet didn't have any dialogue just loud music and a weird distorted sound......
No, before that. First, Lydia had a whole freak-out because the rug was ruined and her family really needs to sell the house, and the young freshman kid runs out to get cleaning supplies and then we got the bit with the weird silence and distorted sound.
Old July 16 2014, 04:11 AM   #44
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

The broadcast in my area had the same problem: no audible dialogue, just soundtrack/foley noises. I checked out that potion of the episode on demand and there was dialogue in that scene that was absent in the aired version. Maybe your cable provider had the same issue.

As for the benefactor, since the key that unlocked the code was "Allison", can we assume that the man behind the hit list is Papa Argent? Or is this just too obvious and a red herring? I was thinking that maybe he's just fed up with all of the supernatural shit in town and actually blames Scott for his daughter's death, hence the bounty of all things paranormal. I noticed an especially large sum offered for Scott, but not so much for Derek.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17 2014, 11:02 PM   #45
JD
Admiral

Didn't they show a kid at the party getting the message sent out by the Mute's computer thing on his arm? Or was that something else?

Just double checked on the online version, and he got a text from The Benefactor, he was not the one sending it.

This was a good one. We got some good stuff for pretty much every character, and Chris Argent is back. We also got some good movement on the main arc, and found out that the Mute was not the Benefactor. I kind of hope Argent isn't the bad guy. I like him and don't want him to go bad.
I was kind of disappointed that Liam was just another werewolf, I was hoping he'd turn into something else. But I guess they must have wanted at least one more wolf, since we already have coyote and a fox in the pack (and kind of a human and a Banshee).