Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 1 2014, 10:47 PM   #16
tenmei
Fleet Captain

Re: Teen Wolf, Season 4 (SPOILERS)

The Hales are awesome - just had to say it.
Old July 1 2014, 11:02 PM   #17
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

They are?

They had $117,000,000, but couldn't be arsed to rebuild their house? The same house they constantly whine about and pine over? Don't seem that awesome to me. Or at least not that bright.
Old July 1 2014, 11:56 PM   #18
tenmei
Fleet Captain

Derek didn't seem to know the bonds were in the safe - just that the triskele wasn't.

It's possible that he didn't know about them - and Peter (who did) couldn't get into the bunker on his own. If anyone could have opened the bunker, then Kate (and the people who set Kate up) wouldn't have needed Derek - and even Peter acknowledged that the whole thing was set up to get to the bunker and the safe.
Old July 2 2014, 12:26 AM   #19
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

No, he knew. That's why he made sure Kate didn't open it. He was quite protective of it, in fact.
Old July 4 2014, 05:57 AM   #20
JD
Admiral

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
So is Kate Argent some kind of sex offender? When Derek reverted to being a teenager again, he temporarily lost his memory. But he still recognized Kate, who was at least several years older. That would mean he and Kate had been romantically involved at some point despite the age gap.

Scott, Malia, and Kira got their butts kicked by the Berserkers, but Derek had no problem single-handedly fighting both of them?

And poor Peter had been had by persons unknown who made off with $117 million worth of bonds.
I don't think there would be that much of an age difference between Derek and Kate, so it isn't that implausible or creepy that they were involved.
I did get a bit of a laugh out of the bit about Stiles being the small spoon with Malia.
Have we seen the Triskelion before? I thought it might have seemed familiar, but I couldn't remember for sure.
The besrerkers were cool.
It was pretty surprising to hear that the Hales had that kind of money hidden away like that. I wonder how Kate knew about it.
It looks like we get to meet the Benefactor in next week's episode. Do we know yet if he is working with Kate or if he is part of a separate arc?
Old July 4 2014, 09:10 AM   #21
tenmei
Fleet Captain

JD wrote: View Post
So is Kate Argent some kind of sex offender? When Derek reverted to being a teenager again, he temporarily lost his memory. But he still recognized Kate, who was at least several years older. That would mean he and Kate had been romantically involved at some point despite the age gap.

Scott, Malia, and Kira got their butts kicked by the Berserkers, but Derek had no problem single-handedly fighting both of them?

And poor Peter had been had by persons unknown who made off with $117 million worth of bonds.
I don't think there would be that much of an age difference between Derek and Kate, so it isn't that implausible or creepy that they were involved.
I did get a bit of a laugh out of the bit about Stiles being the small spoon with Malia.
Have we seen the Triskelion before? I thought it might have seemed familiar, but I couldn't remember for sure.
It was pretty surprising to hear that the Hales had that kind of money hidden away like that. I wonder how Kate knew about it.
It looks like we get to meet the Benefactor in next week's episode. Do we know yet if he is working with Kate or if he is part of a separate arc?
1 - It was shown in the flashback episode in the third season that Kate was (at the very least) a college student when Derek was sixteen; she was his swimteams coach.

2 - The triskelion is Derek's tattoo, we've been told that the three points on it represent the three different types of werewolf - Alpha, Beta and Omega.

3 - Kate didn't know about the money (and neither did, I think, Derek) and went in for the triskelion - she is working for (not with) the Benefactor but he used her plans to get into the vault to get closer to the money.
Old July 4 2014, 08:02 PM   #22
JD
Admiral

tenmei wrote: View Post

1 - It was shown in the flashback episode in the third season that Kate was (at the very least) a college student when Derek was sixteen; she was his swimteams coach.
I completely forgot about that. That does definitely make it creepy then.
2 - The triskelion is Derek's tattoo, we've been told that the three points on it represent the three different types of werewolf - Alpha, Beta and Omega.

3 - Kate didn't know about the money (and neither did, I think, Derek) and went in for the triskelion - she is working for (not with) the Benefactor but he used her plans to get into the vault to get closer to the money.
Ah, thanks for that. I start to forget about things pretty quick when comes to this kind of stuff.
Old July 10 2014, 06:31 PM   #23
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

The "Wendigo" episode was so-so. I feel the start of this season is dragging along. There aren't any interesting plots so far.

I noticed they introduced a new character named Liam, a lacrosse player who just recently got bitten by Scott in an attempt to save him from falling to his death and while being attacked by the Wendigo kid (Sean). The Mute who killed Sean and his family looks creepy.
Old July 10 2014, 06:41 PM   #24
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

The "Wendigo" episode was so-so. I feel the start of this season is dragging along. There aren't any interesting plots so far.

I noticed they introduced a new character named Liam, a lacrosse player who just recently got bitten by Scott in an attempt to save him from falling to his death and while being attacked by the Wendigo kid (Sean). The Mute who killed Sean and his family looks creepy.
They seemed to be concentrating on the "Teen" part of "Teen Wolf" this week. After a couple of weeks of Aztec temples and were-jaguars and such, suddenly there was a lot of emphasis on school and sports and dating and such. It was a bit jarring, but I guess somebody remembered that these are supposed to be teenagers after all . . . .
Old July 11 2014, 07:00 AM   #25
JD
Admiral

I didn't mind it, but I do agree it was a bit jarring. They did say in some of the interviews and stuff before the show started that they were going to try to go back to more of that kind of stuff this season. I thought it was a pretty good mix of the two types of stories myself.
Do we know yet if Issac is going to be coming back when Chris Argent returns, or is Liam taking his place in the series now?
I saw a post somewhere about how they need another werewolf now that Isaac is gone, but I had been assuming when Argent came back he'd be with him.
So what was with the tube The Mute, that's what they called the mouthless dude on MTV's website, put into his neck and all of the compute code? That was weird.
Old July 11 2014, 01:49 PM   #26
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

So what was with the tube The Mute, that's what they called the mouthless dude on MTV's website, put into his neck and all of the compute code? That was weird.
That bit reminded me of Doctor Phibes,who had to plug a cord into his neck in order to speak through vintage audio equipment.
Old July 12 2014, 02:50 AM   #27
JD
Admiral

Poll: Is The Mute The Benefactor?
I said yes. They pretty much seemed to set him up as The Benefactor in all of the prerelease stuff, but I guess they could always have a big twist where it turns out it's someone else.
Old July 12 2014, 03:13 AM   #28
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Why would he have needed anyone to help him get into the vault, or do any work for him for that matter? Dude comes across as unstoppable for the most part, having no problem taking out a whole family of Wendigos. In fact, it was so easy for him he turned it into a game with the son.
Old July 12 2014, 08:59 AM   #29
tenmei
Fleet Captain

Because only a Hale could get in - and the easiest way to get in was to get Kate to use Derek by putting him back in age to being sixteen? ;p

My mate and I rewatched the first three episodes - on the assumption that the Mute isn't the Benefactor, then we think that the Benefactor is someone we have already encountered.

Therefore, possibilities -

-- Deputy Parrish, who is becoming far too comfortable with the things that are happening (the larder in the wendigo house)

-- Rafe McCall, who lacks any cohesive reason for sticking around in Beacon Hills otherwise

-- Liams stepfather or Liam's (unseen) mother, because every time they've brought in a new character their parents have had something to hide (Kira's mum being a kitsune, Isaac's dad being a child abuser)
Old July 12 2014, 06:05 PM   #30
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

-- Rafe McCall, who lacks any cohesive reason for sticking around in Beacon Hills otherwise
I thought you meant Rafe McCawley from Defiance.