Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 23 2014, 06:09 PM   #1
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

Teen Wolf, Season 4 (SPOILERS)

Season 4 starts tonight. Allison is gone, and a couple of other characters died in the Season 3 finale ending the Nogitsune arc.

Link

Two months later and still healing from tragic losses, Scott, Stiles, Lydia and Kira return to a new semester of school with more human worries than supernatural, while also trying to help their new friend, Malia, integrate back into society. But Kate Argent's surprising resurrection brings a new threat to Beacon Hills along with the emergence of another mysterious enemy known simply as The Benefactor.
Grade and discuss. What say you?
Old June 25 2014, 07:42 PM   #2
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

Re: Teen Wolf, Season 4 (SPOILERS)

OK, so does anyone watch this show? Am I the only fan of Tyler Hoechlin's abs and a Stiles/Derek 'shipper?

Not a bad episode to start the season. The teens traveled to Mexico looking for Derek and confronted the Calaveras clan, a family of wolf hunters, only to find out they were just as clueless. (You would think these guys would have graduated from high school by now, given the characters were around 16 when the series started.)

Kate Argent (Allison's hunter aunt) is still alive and has presumably been transformed into a were-jaguar.
Old June 25 2014, 09:23 PM   #3
tenmei
Fleet Captain

I'm a fan - of the show and Tyler Hoechlin's abs. I've got Derek's tattoo on my left bicep.

EDITED -

Season 1 and 2 (the gap between seasons is two days, and the Winter Formal occurs in the first season) are the same school year, Season 3 (which starts at least three months after Season 2, and 3x16 is a Halloween episode) and 4 (which takes place in January due to the Dark Moon) are the same school year.

Last edited by tenmei; June 25 2014 at 11:46 PM.
tenmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2014, 09:56 PM   #4
JD
Admiral

Off to a good start. Lots of interesting set ups, and I liked our little team we had here with Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Malia, and Kira. I'm wondering if the Stiles/Malia kiss was the start of a new Stiles/Lydia/Malia triangle.
Old June 25 2014, 11:30 PM   #5
tenmei
Fleet Captain

JD wrote: View Post
Off to a good start. Lots of interesting set ups, and I liked our little team we had here with Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Malia, and Kira. I'm wondering if the Stiles/Malia kiss was the start of a new Stiles/Lydia/Malia triangle.
So you totally missed the episode last season where Stiles and Malia had sex at the Echo House? The kiss here wasn't so much the start of a new triangle as them continuing an established one - it came across more that Stiles and Malia are pretty much dating at this point to me.
Old June 26 2014, 12:05 AM   #6
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

tenmei wrote: View Post
I'm a fan - of the show and Tyler Hoechlin's abs. I've got Derek's tattoo on my left bicep.

EDITED -

Season 1 and 2 (the gap between seasons is two days, and the Winter Formal occurs in the first season) are the same school year, Season 3 (which starts at least three months after Season 2, and 3x16 is a Halloween episode) and 4 (which takes place in January due to the Dark Moon) are the same school year.
Thanks for the explanation. It makes more sense given the timeline. (I just assumed every season represented a school year.) It works pretty well, considering Scott, Stiles, and company don't seem to age much.
Old June 26 2014, 01:02 AM   #7
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

I could really do without the "look how cool we are" shots. Oh, and the pink glowstick nunchaku. Also, if I see one more person do a three-point landing, I'm likely to kick my television screen in.

Otherwise, digging the show still. Stiles is, by far, the most interesting character on the show. I've still yet to figure out why they cast Posey as the lead. That jaw alone...
Old June 26 2014, 01:47 AM   #8
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Enjoyed the new ep and curious to see where they're going. What's the backstory with Malia again? I admit I have trouble keeping track of all the tertiary characters sometimes--and was grateful that they gave us a refresher course on the history of Kate Argent.
Old June 26 2014, 12:15 PM   #9
The Librarian
Commodore

Malia is the werecoyote who spent ten years or whatever running around the wilderness on her own.
The Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2014, 04:59 PM   #10
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
I could really do without the "look how cool we are" shots. Oh, and the pink glowstick nunchaku. Also, if I see one more person do a three-point landing, I'm likely to kick my television screen in.

Otherwise, digging the show still. Stiles is, by far, the most interesting character on the show. I've still yet to figure out why they cast Posey as the lead. That jaw alone...
Tyler Posey's acting range can be summed up in two moods: confused and not confused. All he ever does is drop his jaw and furrow his eyebrows. I thought Colton Haynes had more talent when he was on the show.
Old June 26 2014, 08:42 PM   #11
tenmei
Fleet Captain

The Librarian wrote: View Post
Malia is the werecoyote who spent ten years or whatever running around the wilderness on her own.
Old June 26 2014, 10:32 PM   #12
JD
Admiral

tenmei wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
So you totally missed the episode last season where Stiles and Malia had sex at the Echo House? The kiss here wasn't so much the start of a new triangle as them continuing an established one - it came across more that Stiles and Malia are pretty much dating at this point to me.
I saw all of last season, I just completely forgot about that.
Old July 1 2014, 07:19 AM   #13
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

So is Kate Argent some kind of sex offender? When Derek reverted to being a teenager again, he temporarily lost his memory. But he still recognized Kate, who was at least several years older. That would mean he and Kate had been romantically involved at some point despite the age gap.

Scott, Malia, and Kira got their butts kicked by the Berserkers, but Derek had no problem single-handedly fighting both of them?

And poor Peter had been had by persons unknown who made off with $117 million worth of bonds.
Old July 1 2014, 05:30 PM   #14
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
So is Kate Argent some kind of sex offender? When Derek reverted to being a teenager again, he temporarily lost his memory. But he still recognized Kate, who was at least several years older. That would mean he and Kate had been romantically involved at some point despite the age gap.
Did you catch the "Wolf Watch" segment afterwards? The actress who plays Kate confessed that she felt a bit guilty about kissing her much younger co-star--especially since the teen's mother was on set, watching the filming!
Old July 1 2014, 05:33 PM   #15
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

No, I missed that.

EDIT:

Well, considering the actor, Ian Nelson, is 19 years old, I guess it's OK.