RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,547
Posts: 5,513,386
Members: 25,143
Currently online: 547
Newest member: ShadowL

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Dec 26

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 12 2014, 08:31 PM   #46
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: The Compendium

publiusr wrote: View Post
And if you are too poor to go from DVD to blue-ray, you're SOL

great....
If you're too poor to go from DVD to Blu-ray, you likely have larger problems in life that you need to worry about. You can find players for $50 now.
__________________
"...the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is I do not know." - Lt. Commander Data, "Where Silence Has Lease"
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13 2014, 01:32 PM   #47
Bumbles861
Admiral
 
Bumbles861's Avatar
 
Location: bbailey861 in Kingston, ON
Re: Star Trek: The Compendium

BillJ wrote: View Post
publiusr wrote: View Post
And if you are too poor to go from DVD to blue-ray, you're SOL

great....
If you're too poor to go from DVD to Blu-ray, you likely have larger problems in life that you need to worry about. You can find players for $50 now.
Even cheaper. I just did a quick search and found a player WITH Wifi for 40 bucks. The deals are even better around the Christmas period. I think I'll be upgrading mine this year. If for no other reason to get rid of a cable. I'll give the one I have now to one of my kids.

I am looking forward to getting this set in Sep.
Bumbles861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13 2014, 08:42 PM   #48
publiusr
Commodore
 
Re: Star Trek: The Compendium

I'm old fashioned I suppose--I like actually walking into store--those are great deals though. Then too--I have never bought a cell phone--I like to stick with things till they quit working--personal taste.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2014, 04:10 PM   #49
Set Harth
Rear Admiral
 
Set Harth's Avatar
 
Location: Distant Thunder
Re: Star Trek: The Compendium

Is there any information on a possible rebate?
__________________
Do you know what this is? What this means?
Set Harth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2014, 11:35 AM   #50
Mage
Commodore
 
Mage's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek: The Compendium

Has anyone heard anything abut a region B release? Can't find anything sofar. I suppose I could order overseas, I believe my player can play mutliple regions. But would be easier to just order somewhere in the Netherlands.
__________________
Niner. Lurker. Browncoat.
Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 2 2014, 10:00 PM   #51
StalwartUK
Commander
 
StalwartUK's Avatar
 
Location: England, UK
Re: Star Trek: The Compendium

Mage wrote: View Post
Has anyone heard anything abut a region B release? Can't find anything sofar. I suppose I could order overseas, I believe my player can play mutliple regions. But would be easier to just order somewhere in the Netherlands.
I hope there is a release of this here, would be shame if it never came out here.

All of Paramount's releases are usually region free right? I know all of the CBS ones (TNG-R etc.) have been.
__________________
StalwartUK
StalwartUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2014, 07:53 AM   #52
xavier
Commander
 
Re: Star Trek: The Compendium

I wonder how much this will cost. I will have to wait till the price goes done to but the films.
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2014, 10:29 PM   #53
StalwartUK
Commander
 
StalwartUK's Avatar
 
Location: England, UK
Re: Star Trek: The Compendium

Mid-August and still nothing about a UK/Europe release. This is going to be a US/Canada only thing isn't it?
__________________
StalwartUK
StalwartUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2014, 06:51 AM   #54
Tommunist
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: Otisburg
Re: Star Trek: The Compendium

http://www.startrekmovie.com/rebate/

Rebate is $5.00. You need a copy of the receipt for the Compendium, and the UPCs from the previous releases. You don't actually need to cut out UPCs (which is good, because my '09 Trek had it on a slip that attached to the back of the packaging that I threw away.

Someone from Blu-ray.com's forums posted this helpful info:

1.) Purchase the Compendium between 9/9/14 and 10/31/14
2.) Go here, and print out rebate: http://www.startrekmovie.com/rebate/
3) Enter UPC's:

a.) Compendium: 032429200693
b.) Star Trek (2009): 097360718249
c.) Into Darkness: 032429137302

4.) Fill out personal information, and include a copy of your Compendium receipt

5.) Mail to the following address before 11/30/14:

Paramount Star Trek
The Compendium $5 Rebate
Dept. 14-97682
PO Box 540009
EL PASO, TX 88554-000
Tommunist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2014, 08:25 AM   #55
xavier
Commander
 
Re: Star Trek: The Compendium

Tommunist wrote: View Post
http://www.startrekmovie.com/rebate/

Rebate is $5.00. You need a copy of the receipt for the Compendium, and the UPCs from the previous releases. You don't actually need to cut out UPCs (which is good, because my '09 Trek had it on a slip that attached to the back of the packaging that I threw away.

Someone from Blu-ray.com's forums posted this helpful info:

1.) Purchase the Compendium between 9/9/14 and 10/31/14
2.) Go here, and print out rebate: http://www.startrekmovie.com/rebate/
3) Enter UPC's:

a.) Compendium: 032429200693
b.) Star Trek (2009): 097360718249
c.) Into Darkness: 032429137302

4.) Fill out personal information, and include a copy of your Compendium receipt

5.) Mail to the following address before 11/30/14:

Paramount Star Trek
The Compendium $5 Rebate
Dept. 14-97682
PO Box 540009
EL PASO, TX 88554-000


I hope someone puts the gag reel and the deleted and extended scenes online.
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2014, 09:09 AM   #56
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Star Trek: The Compendium

xavier wrote: View Post
Tommunist wrote: View Post
<snip>


I hope someone puts the gag reel and the deleted and extended scenes online.
This has nothing to do with the post you quoted, nor has it anything to do with the original thread topic. Please don't spam.
__________________
The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but
that the lightning ain't distributed right.
— Mark Twain
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2014, 09:42 AM   #57
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek: The Compendium

5 bucks? that's not worth the effort and money I'd spend on buying an envelope and a stamp and filling out the necessary info. BFD.
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2014, 10:22 AM   #58
Bumbles861
Admiral
 
Bumbles861's Avatar
 
Location: bbailey861 in Kingston, ON
Re: Star Trek: The Compendium

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
5 bucks? that's not worth the effort and money I'd spend on buying an envelope and a stamp and filling out the necessary info. BFD.
Also, it looks like it's only valid for residents of the U.S.
Bumbles861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2014, 12:38 PM   #59
xavier
Commander
 
Re: Star Trek: The Compendium

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
xavier wrote: View Post
Tommunist wrote: View Post
<snip>


I hope someone puts the gag reel and the deleted and extended scenes online.
This has nothing to do with the post you quoted, nor has it anything to do with the original thread topic. Please don't spam.
Oh I am sorry, I did not mean to spam. I thought this thread was about the re-release of the new star trek films and it will have new special features like gag reel and the extended scenes from the second film. that relates to star trek compendium. I can not afford to buy this box set when it is released, I like some have not yet preordered it. so it will be great to watch some of the special features on line like youtube . where I watched all the deleted scenes from the first film before I finally bought the 2 disc edition.

I see now that I quoted the wrong post.it was a mistake.
xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2014, 12:48 PM   #60
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: The Compendium

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
5 bucks? that's not worth the effort and money I'd spend on buying an envelope and a stamp and filling out the necessary info. BFD.
+1

I'll buy the Compendium and give my Star Trek (2009) and Into Darkness Blu-ray's to my daughter.

Funny thing. They recently moved in together and my daughter took all my Star Trek DVD's that I've repurchased on Blu-ray with her (she loves DVD's). She says she comes home from work everyday and her boyfriend is watching them. She said she told him, "I've done this for twenty years and I can't do it anymore!"
__________________
"...the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is I do not know." - Lt. Commander Data, "Where Silence Has Lease"
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.