Stewart Snotbot Support
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Ryan Joins Arrow
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Retro Review: Jetrel
By: Michelle on Jul 24

New ThinkGeek Trek-Themed Products
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Closed Thread

Old June 26 2014, 02:59 PM   #16
PattyW
Commander

Send a message via AIM to PattyW
Re: Phase II begins re-filming "Mind Sifter"

You are absolutely right, James. This is exactly the kind of thing that caused the issues between I and the production. I am told that my writing is being used without my permission so I cry "foul" - and you declare I am causing drama and then rewrite history.

Greg is very astute and I believe his assessment. I suggest you have a discussion with your writer(s). And I never threatened to "sue" anyone. Another "rewrite" to support your accusations. I simply said I have proof and defense of my writing.

Simply do what is right and stop dragging me back into your own drama. I've got none without Phase II.
Old June 26 2014, 03:31 PM   #17
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

andriech wrote: View Post
You are absolutely right, James. This is exactly the kind of thing that caused the issues between I and the production. I am told that my writing is being used without my permission so I cry "foul" - and you declare I am causing drama and then rewrite history.

Greg is very astute and I believe his assessment. I suggest you have a discussion with your writer(s). And I never threatened to "sue" anyone. Another "rewrite" to support your accusations. I simply said I have proof and defense of my writing.

Simply do what is right and stop dragging me back into your own drama. I've got none without Phase II.
Does this really belong here? Can't you all hash this out over email or PM?
Old June 26 2014, 03:39 PM   #18
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

I think BillJ is right: Boss/Friend and Friend/Friend: if you two folks could work toward resolving this in some other manner than posts here on the TrekBBS boards, folks would probably be grateful. It's not really a topic in which other board members can readily participate--other than weighing in to recommend that your concerns be taken elsewhere.

BillJ wrote: View Post

Does this really belong here? Can't you all hash this out over email or PM?
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
Old June 26 2014, 06:55 PM   #19
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

And now for something completely different. If it is to be completely refilmed should we expect it to be released in a few years from now?
Old June 26 2014, 08:33 PM   #20
wtriker1701
Lieutenant Commander

The question remains why someone, who isn't involved in a particular production or team, starts a thread about said team and on the other hand says, it's happy without them.

Such threads really don't make sense in a constructive way to discuss fan film productions.

My cent.
Old June 27 2014, 12:46 AM   #21
PattyW
Commander

That really makes no sense. People start threads all the time about fanfilms they are not involved in. This is especially true of when Phase II is "filming". Everyone is too busy to post stuff here. And, again, it's not limited to Phase II. People notice stuff is happening in the fanfilm world, wait and watch and see it not shared here, and they share it.

And it's pretty silly to suggest I can be happy not to be "part of the team" but can't support and appreciate the work they are doing, or, well, in this case, can't even talk about it with others. Jack Komack was the worst person to work for in the world, but that didn't stop me from having him produce one of my scripts. I suspect Bill Gates is someone I wouldn't want to work for, but, hey, I like his computers. All the same thing.

They've posted Captain Spock and Admiral Withrow pics with a new uniform designed by James....so you should go check out their FB page....because if I post them here it will mean....well, I don't know, you'll have to fill in the blank LOL

Last edited by PattyW; June 27 2014 at 01:04 AM.
Old June 27 2014, 01:08 AM   #22
PattyW
Commander

[QUOTE=GSchnitzer;9759457]I think BillJ is right: Boss/Friend and Friend/Friend: [QUOTE/] It's kind of you to be PC. I think we both know it's more "Boss/Friend and former coworker/peer human services professional". But thanks.
Old June 27 2014, 03:44 AM   #23
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

Since I don't give a shit about the behind-the-scenes bickering, I'm just going to keep talking about Phase II.

I love all of the lost 70's elements that are being introduced. Is there any chance we'll see more from Planet of the Titans- either the story itself or more of the visual concepts? I must admit that seeing the Phase II Enterprise departing from the asteroid base was pretty thrilling. And I still can't believe that I can now watch "Kitumba" any time I want to.
Old June 27 2014, 03:47 AM   #24
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Kelso wrote: View Post
And I still can't believe that I can now watch "Kitumba" any time I want to.
Of all the great things they've done, I was incredibly underwhelmed by "Kitumba". I thought it was their weakest outing.
Old June 27 2014, 03:50 AM   #25
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

Of all the great things they've done, I was incredibly underwhelmed by "Kitumba". I thought it was their weakest outing.

Oh, I really enjoyed "Kitumba." The only one I don't really care for is "The Child."
Old June 27 2014, 05:18 AM   #26
JT Perfecthair
Lieutenant Commander

Oh, I really enjoyed "Kitumba." The only one I don't really care for is "The Child."
I agree with this, Kitumba was fun and exciting. The Child was awful, and as Space 1999 did the same story 20 years before TNG its been awful 3 times.

I reiterate what I said on the Phase2 forum back when it still worked, to many of us the behind the scenes tales of Phase2 are as interesting as what makes it to the camera. All of you involved need to write your books on the experience. Just do something up on Lulu like the Wil Wheaton books, we'll buy them.
Old June 27 2014, 09:12 AM   #27
Maurice
Vice Admiral

View Maurice's Twitter Profile

Jack Komack was the worst person to work for in the world, but that didn't stop me from having him produce one of my scripts.
Which script was that?
Old June 27 2014, 10:15 AM   #28
Avon
Commodore

is that betras mcvindenpawl?

(i can't remember her name, something woods? but she's bloody awesome in every fan film i've seen her in)

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Old June 27 2014, 11:31 AM   #29
Jay
Ensign

Maurice wrote: View Post
Jack Komack was the worst person to work for in the world, but that didn't stop me from having him produce one of my scripts.
Which script was that?
As a fan of Ms. Wright's, I can answer that:

http://amybethinverness.com/2011/04/...-patty-wright/

...I wrote a “Chico and the Man” episode. I actually sent the episode to Jack Komack (“Chico”’s producer) – believe it or not – hand-written on a yellow legal pad. He sent me back a hand-written note that said “Thanks so much!” and two crisp $20. The episode was filmed without a single change, but credited to the show’s writing team. It’s on the “Best of” DVD.
Old June 27 2014, 03:00 PM   #30
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Avon wrote: View Post
is that betras mcvindenpawl?

(i can't remember her name, something woods? but she's bloody awesome in every fan film i've seen her in)
Rebecca Wood.