TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Closed Thread

Old July 11 2014, 06:39 PM   #151
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Re: Phase II begins re-filming "Mind Sifter"

Professor Moriarty wrote: View Post
Actually, Lenore Karidian was only 19 years old to Kirk's 33. But then again, Lenore was koo koo for Cocoa Puffs, so maybe not the best example.

And FWIW, I dated a 19-year-old for a few months when I was 31. Nothing weird about it at all, other than the relationship Wore. Me. Out.
I think the youngest I've ever dated was about seven years younge than me -- she was 23, I was 30. The oldest was 47, when I was 34. Neither relationship ever went very far, but our respective age never really factored into either.
Old July 11 2014, 07:10 PM   #152
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

And here's an update from the PII Facebook page:

'Since a few people keep asking about
previous episodes shot that have yet to
come out I will lay it out for you in order...

"Origins: The Protracted Man" has been
shelved indefinitely due to various reasons.

"Bread and Savagery" is currently being
edited by Mark Burchett and will require pick
up shots

"The Holiest Thing" is being worked on, no
release date yet

"Mind-Sifter" is currently in post-production,
and when it is ready we will let you know of
the release date.'
Old July 11 2014, 07:43 PM   #153
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Kelso wrote: View Post

up shots

release date yet

the release date.'
In the comments of that particular post:

Alex McDonald said:

THT needed some sound and color adjustments, and I believe other minor work. As nice as it was when you saw it at ComicCon, it will be 100's times better. As soon as It's up to RetroFilms standards it will be released. Thanks for everyone's patience, and contributions!
That makes sense. Looking forward to seeing it!
Old July 12 2014, 01:38 AM   #154
PattyW
Commander

Send a message via AIM to PattyW

Dennis wrote: View Post
doubleohfive wrote: View Post
That kind of ageism is gone today.
Well, unless you're a dad with a daughter in college who's dating a guy in his mid-thirties. Trust me on this.
That's where I am coming from. And not just "a guy in his mid-thirties" but "my good friend in his mid-thirties with whom the relationship can only lead to heart-ache (based on earlier relationships and his "marriage" to his ship)"

Just my opinion, but I'm not sure that a 22 year old is "fully grown". Physically yes, but the level of maturity and ability to handle temporary or throw-away relationships would depend on the individual.

Also, with both HT and MS in "post production" there is currently no way to know if they'll discover missing footage or footage that needs to be refilmed for technical reasons in MS, so there's no way to predict which will hit the internet first. (according to the production, they were going to pick up some footage needed for HT during June. I assume they did and they won't find anything else needing to be reshot.)

"The Protracted Man" (aka "Origins") is missing key footage from actors that won't return to film them. While I was involved, there was talk about salvaging the existing footage by folding it into another episode. There was no talk (at that time) of doing anything simply for the sake of eliminating any "connection" to anyone. It just wasn't a complete episode so there was no way to release it. (as of Nov 2013)
Old July 12 2014, 01:47 AM   #155
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

andriech wrote: View Post
While I was involved,
But you aren't anymore. As has been pointed out numerous times by James Cawley himself. So... I'm not seeing the relevance.
Old July 12 2014, 03:15 AM   #156
PattyW
Commander

Send a message via AIM to PattyW

keep baiting....I'm not biting.
Old July 12 2014, 03:21 AM   #157
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

As someone not affiliated with any fan production, and only interested in reading about the progress of this discussion, I'm constantly getting annoyed that you keep making comments that revolve around whatever importance you once may or may not have had in a production. It's getting really tiresome. If you're not involved in a production currently, whatever you have to say about it is irrelevant.

But since I'm not involved in a production, any opinion I have on the subject must also be irrelevant in your eyes. Excuse me for not being famous.
Old July 12 2014, 04:04 AM   #158
ClayinCA
Commodore

Sorry if this is too salacious a topic to be brought up (and if so, I'll say no more about it), but I don't know anything about this and I'm just curious: what, exactly, is the nature of the "bad blood" between Phase II and Continues? I know Vic Mignogna used to work with the Phase II people (I saw him and Michelle Specht in "Kitumba") and presumably now do not; what went on?

Again, sorry if this is a sensitive area or if I've inadvertently put my foot in it.
Old July 12 2014, 04:28 AM   #159
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

ClayinCA, when there is a fight, people often disagree about what happened. There is no way this can be discussed without fanning flames from cooling embers that are best left to die out. Please drop this subject.
Old July 12 2014, 04:58 AM   #160
JT Perfecthair
Lieutenant

Maybe you should do up a sticky of topics that you've decided we are Allowed to talk about?
Old July 12 2014, 05:33 AM   #161
Last Redshirt
Lieutenant Commander

Can't wait. Phase II is definitely one of, if not the best, Trek fan production I've seen.
Old July 12 2014, 08:08 AM   #162
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Barbreader wrote: View Post
ClayinCA, when there is a fight, people often disagree about what happened. There is no way this can be discussed without fanning flames from cooling embers that are best left to die out. Please drop this subject.
Anyone who wants to can find out what the fights were about via the search function here. Everyone's words are preserved in those threads. If someone wants to see the actual history of it, they have every right to.

Whether it should be discussed here in this thread is a different matter. But if someone wants to see those conversations and decide for themselves, they should absolutely be afforded that opportunity.
Old July 12 2014, 08:55 AM   #163
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral

View MauriceNavidad's Twitter Profile

Andreich may not be working with Phase II any longer, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's not familiar with what state various productions were at the time she left. I'm sure GSchnitzer will post a correction if necessary.
Old July 12 2014, 11:09 AM   #164
wtriker1701
Lieutenant Commander

Yes, GSchnitzer would be the "grain of salt" with which we'd take those anecdotes of andriech. So her input on those matters shouldn't be regarded as of total unimportance.
And as long as she doesn't give away subjects the PII-Team considers "secret", there's nothing wrong with it, I guess.
Sometimes even James, who obviously follows these threads quietly, intervenes when he feels, something shouldn't be discussed openly or is just false recitation of things that happened.
Old July 12 2014, 03:48 PM   #165
Danlav05
Commander

Kelso wrote: View Post

up shots

release date yet

the release date.'
It's a pity Origins was shelved as it was a smart idea, apparantly Gerrold has said a reshoot would be a new script - so start from scratch.

The Holiest Thing looks good, there was to be a 'special scene' with an older Scotty post-Relics - Cawley says they are hoping to refilm that.

Obviously Mind-Sifter's literally just shot so that's only starting the editing process.

Although Continues shoots and releases faster and is more of a carbon copy of TOS, I still have a great love for P2 and what they achieve. It's 'USP' of course which I personally love is the edging towards the film era, with the changing of the ship, Chekov's promotion to security chief, Xon, Peter etc. Plus of course incorporating elements from its unmade namesake which makes that series feel a little less 'lost'.
Closed Thread