Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old June 21 2014, 05:54 PM   #31
macloudt
Shut up, I'm counting

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to macloudt
Re: Broken Bones!

I'll be 46 in August and have officially never broken any bone yet. I say officially because I may have broken a toe about 20 years ago. Like Rhubarb I was walking around barefoot without my glasses and I smacked my foot into a chair. It hurt like hell and the toe turned purple over the next few days, but it didn't hurt when I flexed it, so didn't have it checked out.
Old June 21 2014, 09:16 PM   #32
Miss Chicken
Little three legged cat with attitude

My eldest son - who seems to lack even the most basic of common sense when it comes to danger - has broken a finger, his nose twice, his hand, a couple of ribs and most recently a leg. He has also had his hand badly cut, received a concussion when he ran into a netball pole, and lost his front teeth when he and some boys were fooling around with a swing. He also managed to set his t-shirt on fire which resulted in third degree burns. Most, but not all, of his childhood injuries occured at school not at home. All of his adult injuries occurred when he had been drinking.

My middle son broke his foot as an adult when he jumped over a wall while chasing a thief.

My youngest son has never had a broken bone (or had any other sort of accident that required medical treatment).
Miss Chicken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2014, 01:29 AM   #33
TorontoTrekker
Vice Admiral

Rhubarbodendron wrote: View Post
I think I'm a hot candidate for the world championship at stupid/embarassing accidents:
I broke my leg last year in my office when I fell of my desk while hunting a spider *blush*
The spider survived unscathed
I haven't hurt myself (yet - knock on wood), but this week, I've been so clumsy that I'm thinking I should tell my friends to start calling me Rosalind Shays. (Here's a link to Youtube if anyone doesn't know what I mean by that.)

A couple of weeks ago, I managed to slice my finger open while chopping vegetables - not from the blade slipping, but from pressing down too hard on the top of the knife.
TorontoTrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2014, 01:55 AM   #34
mari
Captain

I broke my skull a couple years ago. I was 31. Before that I was break-free, respiratory diseases being more my style.
mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2014, 02:48 AM   #35
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

Age 7 - broken thumb (kid at school stepped on it)
Age 13 - broken leg, broken arm, dislocated right shoulder (hit by a car)
Age 13 - broke left wrist on Xmas day (slipped on a wet floor)
Age 18 - chipped bone in right pinkie finger (had hand in the wrong place doing a hip n shoulder when playing soccer).

Thankfully nothing for the past 25 years.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2014, 02:48 AM   #36
Pingfah
Admiral

38, no broken bones, or wasp stings.
Old June 22 2014, 03:00 AM   #37
Goji
Rear Admiral

27, no broken bones. Not from lack of trying, though. It seems like I was always falling hard off of something as a child, I just never broke anything.
Old June 22 2014, 03:23 AM   #38
Shat Happens
Captain

All bones intact, but I dont have a spleen anymore. Motorcycle accident.
Shat Happens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2014, 03:54 AM   #39
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

Miss Chicken wrote: View Post
My eldest son - who seems to lack even the most basic of common sense when it comes to danger - has broken a finger, his nose twice, his hand, a couple of ribs and most recently a leg. He has also had his hand badly cut, received a concussion when he ran into a netball pole, and lost his front teeth when he and some boys were fooling around with a swing. He also managed to set his t-shirt on fire which resulted in third degree burns. Most, but not all, of his childhood injuries occured at school not at home. All of his adult injuries occurred when he had been drinking.

My middle son broke his foot as an adult when he jumped over a wall while chasing a thief.

My youngest son has never had a broken bone (or had any other sort of accident that required medical treatment).
If we're going to tell family's stories, nothing beats my parents': Once, when I was about ten, my mom and dad were fighting. My mother was so angry she slammed a door in my dad's face, unintentionally breaking his nose. She slammed it so hard, though, that it bounced back and hit her in the face, breaking her nose too!

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2014, 08:02 AM   #40
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

LOL I can imagine what the folks at the hospital said upon hearing that accident report! Did the marriage survive that accident?

Miss Chicken, your eldest son sounds a bit dangerous to know. It#s amazing that you didn't get caught up in his accidents, too. I bet the insurance keeps his file in a special folder as he's on the verge of ruining them

mari wrote: View Post
I broke my skull a couple years ago. I was 31.
Geez! You're lucky yousuffered no permanent damage (apart from posting here ) Did you have to stay in hospital long?
Old June 22 2014, 01:34 PM   #41
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral

TSQ, I shouldn't be laughing... but I am.
Tora Ziyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2014, 07:53 PM   #42
macloudt
Shut up, I'm counting

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to macloudt

Same here.
Old June 22 2014, 11:00 PM   #43
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

^Don't worry, we all laugh about it.
Rhubarbodendron wrote: View Post
LOL I can imagine what the folks at the hospital said upon hearing that accident report! Did the marriage survive that accident?
They were already divorced!

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2014, 11:31 PM   #44
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

^And rightfully so, apparently.

Hubby had a broken nose and a broken wrist (motorcycle accident). The broken nose story is pretty funny:

He used to have this old Nissan that everyone called The Frankenstein Car, because it had parts from dozens of other vehicles---a red door, a blue hood, a green fender; it even had a hole in the floor. One day, when he lived with his mother, he got in the car and started it; it was a cold morning, so he thought he'd warm it up some. But hubby hadn't bothered to open the garage door yet. He wasn't aware that the car now also had problems staying in gear, because he got in, started it, and hit the gas to rev the engine...and the car apparently slipped into reverse. It shot out backwards through the very heavy, solid wood garage door and ended up in the street.

Hubby got out, dazed and bruised, but none the worse for wear, and sees the perfect car-shapped hole he's put in his mother's garage. He started picking up the bits and pieces, knowing she'd be angry, so he figured if he cleaned it up, she'd be less angry, I guess. But one piece was apparently attached to the heavy-duty spring. He pulled on it and the bit of spring shot up and hit him square between the eyes, breaking his nose and putting a nice little gash right down the middle of it.The force knocked on his butt. He's sitting there, stunned, wood everywhere and his face covered in blood; one of his neighbors sees this, goes running out and takes him to the hospital.

His mother gets home, sees the car parked in the street, wood fragments everywhere, a car shaped hole in the garage and a huge trail of blood. There's a message on her answering machine. "Hi Mom! Um....let me explain........"

He still has a little scar right down the middle of his nose but you can barely see it.
Old June 22 2014, 11:45 PM   #45
JayOwl
Vice Admiral

View JayOwl's Twitter Profile

I fractured my left arm (elbow) falling off a three legged stool when I was 7 or 8, it healed in just a few days. When I was 9 I fractured my left wrist after falling off a rock on the beach awkwardly, it was about 10 feet and I landed on sand, only just missing a small rock. *shudder*

Since then I've been break free, about 10 years now. I've gotten away pretty lightly.
JayOwl is offline   Reply With Quote