Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant

Saldana: Balancing Work And Motherhood

Cumberbatch In Wax
By: T'Bonz on Oct 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old June 30 2014, 02:57 AM   #16
EvilAgentCoop
Fleet Captain

Location: AgentCoop...Chillin' in the Black Lodge since June 10th, 1991
View EvilAgentCoop's Twitter Profile
Re: Big Brother 16: Gentlemen, commence your appallingness!

Wow. Devin is a bit of a loon.
"How's Annie?"
EvilAgentCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2014, 03:56 AM   #17
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Devin might be setting a record for Worst Big Brother Player Of All Time. Devin "Hmm, I have a secret alliance filled with strong, smart players. I know! I'll tell everybody about it without consulting my team. Because Big Brother works like Survivor, the minority NEEEVER has power. That's why bloating the alliance as big as possible is so much more important than secrecy and trust."

You know, every time they promote Frankie he acts out, but when he doesn't feel the spotlight square on his face he doesn't seem like that at all. I think all the prancing is just his way of reacting to the feeling that millions of people are staring at him, when he's relaxed and not feeling it he just seems like a regular guy.

Caleb also seemed like he was going to be an obnoxious jackass through the season but he's acting like a reasonable person with a good head on his shoulders.

So far there's nobody I hate, but I haven't been watching the live feeds. Is there anybody who's racist, homophobic, or a general jackass that I'm not aware of at the moment?
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2014, 09:08 PM   #18
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

Looking forward to tonight's veto.
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3 2014, 01:56 AM   #19
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

As much as I liked Joey, I am so happy that America's Team is getting immediately messed up.
Old July 3 2014, 02:01 AM   #20
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Well she's one of the dumbest players in the history of the show. Let's start another eight person alliance and when people are resistant, let's browbeat them. This is the female version of Brian from Season 10.
Old July 3 2014, 06:16 AM   #21
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post

Caleb also seemed like he was going to be an obnoxious jackass through the season but he's acting like a reasonable person with a good head on his shoulders.

So far there's nobody I hate, but I haven't been watching the live feeds. Is there anybody who's racist, homophobic, or a general jackass that I'm not aware of at the moment?
Thankfully there hasn't been such hate so far this year, but there is some obsessive creepiness, GinaMarie/Nick style. Caleb is OBSESSED with Amber. It's all he ever talks about. He says things like "I can tell by the way she looks at me and avoids me that she is really into me, she's just trying to hide it." He talks about moving to live near her and how he is ready to settle down and get married...meanwhile she has barely noticed him.

He finally confessed his feelings to her and it was incredibly awkward. She politely told him she just wanted to be friends and not have any showmances, and he still didn't get it. He claimed she just said that because she was wearing a mic and didn't want production to know the truth.

Yeah, super creepy...

So far I am not a big fan of Caleb and Devin, they can be pretty cocky. Though once they are no longer in power it will be hilarious to watch them scramble.

I really like Christine, Derrick, and Cody. They have their own side alliance thing going on within the larger Bomb Squad. Frankie and Zach call themselves Zankie and are rather cute together.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2014, 03:31 PM   #22
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Anyone else excited that Devin is HoH? I can't wait to see what happens when his paranoia and overthinking collides with nomination power. I give about a 50/50 shot he blows up the entire bomb squad.

You know that first scene of The Hurt Locker? Yeah, that's this week.
Old July 9 2014, 03:06 AM   #23
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Man, what's up with these people? Not a single one of them is behaving like a horrible human being! At worst people are acting annoyingly paranoid and a little self-centered. Don't they know they're on Big Brother?

Don't tell me they actually vetted the cast this season.
Old July 9 2014, 04:37 PM   #24
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

I actually do like this cast quite a bit. They are an entertaining and likable bunch. Devin and Caleb definitely bring the crazy, though their arrogance can annoy.

It has been a crazy week in the house. The person who is now the "target" (in Devin's mind) is totally different from the person we started with at the beginning of the week. These people change their minds every day, it's hilarious.

It was also revealed on the feeds who the three members of Team America are. Many fans aren't looking forward to the twist but I actually think it could be fun. It totally depends on the type of tasks they're given, but I think the three members chosen are a good sample of the different sides of the house, which makes them working together even more interesting. I'm hoping they are revealed on tonight's episode.

For those who want spoilers...

—T.S. Eliot
Old July 9 2014, 11:17 PM   #25
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

I'm fine with Team America if it's stuff like pranks and fun stuff, but I will be pissed off if it determines their gameplay decisions.

Especially since Team America constitutes pretty much my favorite three people in the house.
Old July 9 2014, 11:53 PM   #26
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Team America will not be the fun Dan version, it will be the game ruining Eric version.
Old July 10 2014, 07:47 PM   #27
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Yeah, today's two Team America options are "Make a really bad gameplay move that will get traced back to you and get you voted out" and "Make an even worse gameplay move that will get traced back to you and get you voted out even faster."

Have these producers watched the show? Anything involving spreading false rumours about people will lead to a big blowup you're in the center of and it completely contradicts all three of their games.
Old July 11 2014, 09:53 PM   #28
Danny99
Vice Admiral

I can't say I'm sad to see Paola go. She was the most useless player this season and with Zach staying in, it adds another intangible to the game.
Old July 11 2014, 11:27 PM   #29
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

Yeah Paola was kind of boring. Victoria and Jocasta are barely there as well. I loved Julie's comment in the live show that "Victoria has been laying SO low that no one knows how she will vote."
—T.S. Eliot
Old July 12 2014, 09:55 PM   #30
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

I wonder if all the America's Team options will be 'Make terrible gameplay decisions that cause drama for no benefit to yourself'.

Big Brother producers need to understand what the Survivor producers understand. It's okay to contrive emotional drama, and it's okay to change the rules that apply to everybody, but the show is only going to be fun to watch if you just let the players make their own game decisions on an even playing field.