Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 25 2014, 05:59 PM   #301
DEWLine
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine
Re: Agents of SHIELD season 2 News, Rumors, Pics, etc. until release..

Stuff I'd like to see: consequences of the Romanova InfoDump.

Also: How well-mapped out is the universe for SHIELD's purposes?

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2014, 07:20 PM   #302
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

I think we saw a bit of the consequences of Romanova's InfoDump (or is it Romanoff). Talbot named Coulson's team fugitives.
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2014, 07:23 PM   #303
Christopher
Writer

Also the Congressional hearings that Maria Hill was dealing with in her episode, like the one at the end of the movie, were presumably fallout from the infodump.

(Romanova is the proper Russian form of a feminine surname. Since we don't use gendered names that way in English, we tend to render it as Romanoff.)

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2014, 07:44 PM   #304
kitik
Lieutenant Commander

4 weeks and 1 day
kitik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2014, 08:39 PM   #305
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

That's too long. I want it all, and I want it NOW!
Old August 25 2014, 10:44 PM   #306
Enterprise1701
Captain

I wonder if any independent criminals got ahold of useful information from Romanoff's leak?
Enterprise1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2014, 10:52 PM   #307
Enterprise1701
Captain

DWF wrote: View Post
Reverend wrote: View Post
It's possible they know of Earth via the Asgard. Technically we're under Odin's protection and most of the rest of the universe knows better than to mess with Asgardians. Maybe even Thanos would think twice since his attempted invasion just so happened to coincide with the bifrost being down for what must have been the first time in thousands of years.
Thanos didn't attempt to invade Melekith did and in the end he got what he wanted. The Asgardians really weren't much of a match for he dark elves and Thor knew that.
It's "Malekith".

And I think what Reverend means is that Thanos must have found out that the Tesseract was on Earth at some point before 2011 (after all, no one in Thor mentions Infinity Stones, so how did Loki find about the Tesseract?) but couldn't do anything about getting it until Loki came to him, asking for help in subjugating Earth and informing him that the Bifrost was gone. So Thanos decided that working with Loki would be an excellent opportunity to finally obtain the Tesseract.
Enterprise1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 12:21 AM   #308
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Enterprise1701 wrote: View Post
Reverend wrote: View Post
It's possible they know of Earth via the Asgard. Technically we're under Odin's protection and most of the rest of the universe knows better than to mess with Asgardians. Maybe even Thanos would think twice since his attempted invasion just so happened to coincide with the bifrost being down for what must have been the first time in thousands of years.
Thanos didn't attempt to invade Melekith did and in the end he got what he wanted. The Asgardians really weren't much of a match for he dark elves and Thor knew that.
It's "Malekith".

And I think what Reverend means is that Thanos must have found out that the Tesseract was on Earth at some point before 2011 (after all, no one in Thor mentions Infinity Stones, so how did Loki find about the Tesseract?) but couldn't do anything about getting it until Loki came to him, asking for help in subjugating Earth and informing him that the Bifrost was gone. So Thanos decided that working with Loki would be an excellent opportunity to finally obtain the Tesseract.
Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 12:57 AM   #309
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

... I think what Reverend means is that Thanos must have found out that the Tesseract was on Earth at some point before 2011 (after all, no one in Thor mentions Infinity Stones, so how did Loki find about the Tesseract?).
They don't mention Infinity Stones but the Infinity Gauntlet is seen in the background the first time you see the Destroyer. It could just be common knowledge that doesn't need to be discussed.
Old August 26 2014, 01:02 AM   #310
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

^Yet only Odin knew of the Aether, it was considered to be myth by most Asgardians who had even heard of it.

Thor didn't recognise the Mind gem, assuming Loki's staff is it. Presumably he told others about it after he returned.

Maybe they're known by that name, but it seems most everyone in the universe wouldn't know one if they saw it. The identity and forms of the 6 individual stones is something say only Odin, the Collector and Thanos really know.
Old August 26 2014, 01:32 AM   #311
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post

It's "Malekith".

I'm not sure Loki would be interested anymore. He seemed to align with Thanos in exchange for the right to rule Earth. I'm not sure he'd be as interested in that right now. Plus, even in Avengers, he seemed to be more the victim of circumstances by the end, unable to call of the events he set in motion.
Old August 26 2014, 01:50 AM   #312
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
It's "Malekith".

I'm not sure Loki would be interested anymore. He seemed to align with Thanos in exchange for the right to rule Earth. I'm not sure he'd be as interested in that right now. Plus, even in Avengers, he seemed to be more the victim of circumstances by the end, unable to call of the events he set in motion.
Considering the Other flat out told him they would hunt him down and kill him horribly if he failed, it sounds like its in his best interests to suck up to Thanos.
Hartzilla2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 02:02 AM   #313
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Or stay in hiding (since there's no guarantee sucking up will change anything).

Luckily, he has the ability to shapeshift, so he might be able to effectively hide.
Old August 26 2014, 02:09 AM   #314
DWF
Vice Admiral

I'm certain it was Thanos who took out Odin and allowed Loki to take the throne, I can't see Loki being able to take out Odin even taing him by surprise.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 02:27 AM   #315
DEWLine
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine

As to that particular switcheroo...we know when.

We know neither how, nor why.

And I would suggest that the switch might yet prove more voluntary than many would currently accept. And still be completely in character for both.

Looking forward to the next installment of Thor...

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote