RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,700
Posts: 5,431,459
Members: 24,832
Currently online: 462
Newest member: eltonlight


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old November 23 2008, 02:25 PM   #1
Triskelion
Rear Admiral
 
Triskelion's Avatar
 
Location: \,,/. ▷\✦_✦ L L + P
Pople do stupid things

People behave in the most incomprehensible ways sometimes.


I saw one guy in the gym locker room blow drying his carrot. And I mean, a carrot. Did he wash it and need to dry it in order to put it down his trousers or something?

Today, it was another guy blow drying himself nude - bent over and giving his anus a nice open blast of hot air, as well as anyone walking in the door. Hmm, springtime in Browntown.

Another time, I'm in the shower, and the only person there; and the whole thing is empty, and a guy comes in and takes the stall next to mine. His runoff goes over my stall floor and into a central drain. He then proceeds to hawk gobs all over the floor in the current going under my feet.

And today I'm standing waiting for a taxi, and an old guy comes up to me and rubs my belly and laughs! It wasn't mean-spirited or gay, just naive country bumpkin crap. I just laughed, but to be honest my first impulse was to fire a blunderbuss in his face.

Groups of people who walk mind-numbingly slow in amoeba fashion and never let anyone get past them or figure out which way to break. Or people who stop at the top of the escalator to look around and contemplate where they will go - then look surprised when you plow into them.

What stupid things have you seen people do?
Triskelion is offline  
Old November 23 2008, 02:34 PM   #2
Miss Chicken
Little three legged cat with attitude
 
Miss Chicken's Avatar
 
Location: Howrah, Hobart, Tasmania
Re: Pople do stupid things

What stupid things have you seen people do?
I have seen (or rather heard) people call a man's penis a carrot.
Miss Chicken is offline  
Old November 23 2008, 02:36 PM   #3
Finn
Vice Admiral
 
Finn's Avatar
 
Location: In the MetroWest
Re: Pople do stupid things

Concerning your last example, I couldn't stand how many groups would walk shoulder to shoulder on a path at the zoo where I interned at a few years back, blocking other people's paths as if they owned the place.
Finn is offline  
Old November 23 2008, 04:54 PM   #4
Triskelion
Rear Admiral
 
Triskelion's Avatar
 
Location: \,,/. ▷\✦_✦ L L + P
Re: Pople do stupid things

Miss Chicken wrote: View Post
What stupid things have you seen people do?
I have seen (or rather heard) people call a man's penis a carrot.
That's funny

But it was literally a carrot, the vegetable. A useful gym accessory, perhaps?
Triskelion is offline  
Old November 23 2008, 05:14 PM   #5
T'Baio
Admiral
 
T'Baio's Avatar
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
Re: Pople do stupid things

You mean like misspell thread titles?
__________________
Making my first feature film, Synchronicity
www.synchronicityfilm.ca
IndieGoGo
On Facebook
T'Baio is offline  
Old November 23 2008, 05:17 PM   #6
Kryton
Admiral
 
Kryton's Avatar
 
Location: In ur Starbug
Re: Pople do stupid things

Let's play Find the Pople in the Pizza!
Kryton is offline  
Old November 23 2008, 05:25 PM   #7
Cutter John
Rear Admiral
 
Cutter John's Avatar
 
Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, just south of Seattle.
Re: Pople do stupid things

Well, I blow dried a bunch of potatoes once. After a female friend told me you were supposed to peel them THEN wash'em.

Though I admit it was done more for comedy effect than anything else.
__________________
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline  
Old November 23 2008, 05:38 PM   #8
Triskelion
Rear Admiral
 
Triskelion's Avatar
 
Location: \,,/. ▷\✦_✦ L L + P
Re: Pople do stupid things

T'Baio wrote: View Post
You mean like misspell thread titles?
Glad my little jokle wasn't overlooked.
Triskelion is offline  
Old November 23 2008, 06:36 PM   #9
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!
 
Holdfast's Avatar
 
Location: 17 Cherry Tree Lane
Re: Pople do stupid things

Triskelion wrote: View Post
T'Baio wrote: View Post
You mean like misspell thread titles?
Glad my little jokle wasn't overlooked.
Yeah, nice cover.


Triskelion wrote: View Post
I saw one guy in the gym locker room blow drying his carrot. And I mean, a carrot. Did he wash it and need to dry it in order to put it down his trousers or something?
Maybe he was washing it after it had been down his trousers. Might have wanted to make a nice salad that evening.

Today, it was another guy blow drying himself nude - bent over and giving his anus a nice open blast of hot air, as well as anyone walking in the door. Hmm, springtime in Browntown.
Is he close personal friends with the carrot-washing guy by any chance? Because if so, I think I just solved the puzzle.
Holdfast is offline  
Old November 23 2008, 06:53 PM   #10
Goliath
Vice Admiral
 
Goliath's Avatar
 
Location: The Fifth Dimension
Re: Pople do stupid things

Triskelion wrote: View Post
Miss Chicken wrote: View Post
What stupid things have you seen people do?
I have seen (or rather heard) people call a man's penis a carrot.
That's funny

But it was literally a carrot, the vegetable. A useful gym accessory, perhaps?
Depends on the gym.
__________________
An illusion--with intelligence! A malignant vision, with a will of pure evil!
Goliath is offline  
Old November 23 2008, 06:58 PM   #11
CookieMonster
Rear Admiral
 
CookieMonster's Avatar
 
Location: IcehoneyRose is somewhere in never never land
Re: Pople do stupid things

Holdfast wrote: View Post
Triskelion wrote: View Post
T'Baio wrote: View Post
You mean like misspell thread titles?
Glad my little jokle wasn't overlooked.
Yeah, nice cover.


Triskelion wrote: View Post
I saw one guy in the gym locker room blow drying his carrot. And I mean, a carrot. Did he wash it and need to dry it in order to put it down his trousers or something?
Maybe he was washing it after it had been down his trousers. Might have wanted to make a nice salad that evening.

Today, it was another guy blow drying himself nude - bent over and giving his anus a nice open blast of hot air, as well as anyone walking in the door. Hmm, springtime in Browntown.
Is he close personal friends with the carrot-washing guy by any chance? Because if so, I think I just solved the puzzle.
I was just thinking that.

OT, how about blow through a stop sign with a cop sitting directly across the street. Within view.
__________________
.......................................... ...........
If it has tires or testicles its going to give you problems
CookieMonster is offline  
Old November 23 2008, 07:02 PM   #12
Kryton
Admiral
 
Kryton's Avatar
 
Location: In ur Starbug
Re: Pople do stupid things

Camelopard wrote: View Post
Triskelion wrote: View Post
Miss Chicken wrote: View Post
I have seen (or rather heard) people call a man's penis a carrot.
That's funny

But it was literally a carrot, the vegetable. A useful gym accessory, perhaps?
Depends on the gym.
It's fun to stay at the YMCA....
Kryton is offline  
Old November 23 2008, 07:06 PM   #13
Hugo Rune
Fleet Captain
 
Hugo Rune's Avatar
 
Location: On The Beat...
Re: Pople do stupid things

People who have no concept of the world around them, their environment, how their actions impact on others and themselves... this beguiles me.

I mean, you detain someone. Their back is against a 12 foot tall pillar. You inform them they're being searched. You move them slightly away from the wall so they don't feel pressured too much (I'm a nice, touchy feely kinda officer. No need to wind them up). You move to their side so you can search a leg and pocket. You bend down slightly as you reach the ankle. They kick your hand away, spin, and run... smacking their entire left hand side and face into the pillar and knocking themselves unconscious. You call London Ambulance Service.

And the moral of this story is... custody photos when you have a broken nose are kinda funny.


Hugo - Not THAT evil. Honest
__________________
inconsessum persequor
Hugo Rune is offline  
Old November 23 2008, 07:09 PM   #14
CookieMonster
Rear Admiral
 
CookieMonster's Avatar
 
Location: IcehoneyRose is somewhere in never never land
Re: Pople do stupid things

Hugo Rune wrote: View Post
People who have no concept of the world around them, their environment, how their actions impact on others and themselves... this beguiles me.

I mean, you detain someone. Their back is against a 12 foot tall pillar. You inform them they're being searched. You move them slightly away from the wall so they don't feel pressured too much (I'm a nice, touchy feely kinda officer. No need to wind them up). You move to their side so you can search a leg and pocket. You bend down slightly as you reach the ankle. They kick your hand away, spin, and run... smacking their entire left hand side and face into the pillar and knocking themselves unconscious. You call London Ambulance Service.

And the moral of this story is... custody photos when you have a broken nose are kinda funny.


Hugo - Not THAT evil. Honest



You can pat me down, I wont run away, promise.
__________________
.......................................... ...........
If it has tires or testicles its going to give you problems
CookieMonster is offline  
Old November 23 2008, 07:31 PM   #15
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!
 
Holdfast's Avatar
 
Location: 17 Cherry Tree Lane
Re: Pople do stupid things

IceHoneyRose wrote: View Post
Holdfast wrote: View Post
Today, it was another guy blow drying himself nude - bent over and giving his anus a nice open blast of hot air, as well as anyone walking in the door. Hmm, springtime in Browntown.
Is he close personal friends with the carrot-washing guy by any chance? Because if so, I think I just solved the puzzle.
I was just thinking that.
We clearly just have very logical, problem-solving minds....
Holdfast is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.