Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 13 2014, 02:56 PM   #16
indianatrekker26
Captain

Re: Under the Dome, Season 2 Thread

I gave up on this show about 3 episodes in. It was just veering to far off the source material. And I enjoyed the book far more.
indianatrekker26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2014, 04:35 AM   #17
Gary Mitchell
Admiral

I want to see where the story goes but I don't like any of the characters, especially that red headed girl with the large forehead.
Old July 1 2014, 09:19 AM   #18
Yoda
Rear Admiral

So what, nobody watched this? I'm trying to soldier through it while I write some code... I'm like 10 minutes into the premiere and uhh... the shuffling of characters is... a tad clumsy.
Old July 1 2014, 01:57 PM   #19
AvBaur
Captain

View AvBaur's Twitter Profile

Did this show get even dumber or was it this sloppy last season?
Probably the dumbest thing was the sheriff's death, who looked like she was just standing there for several seconds, waiting patiently to be crushed by the car.

Also, there were so many obvious little mistakes - like when the dome attracted everything made of metal except for the characters' clearly-visible metal wristwatches and belt buckles. Or when Julia was able to swim perfectly well despite the bullet wound in her chest.

I mean, the show had gotten pretty bad by the end of last season, but this certainly didn't feel like much of an improvement - despite being directed by the usually reliable Jack Bender and written by Stephen King himself!
Old July 1 2014, 02:51 PM   #20
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

AvBaur wrote: View Post
I mean, the show had gotten pretty bad by the end of last season, but this certainly didn't feel like much of an improvement - despite being directed by the usually reliable Jack Bender and written by Stephen King himself!
Just because King wrote it doesn't mean he wasn't re-written to bring his script closer to the series needs.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2014, 11:35 PM   #21
TayLaLaLa
Commodore

They killed Britt Robertson. I am going to cry!

I will keep watching though.
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2014, 11:38 PM   #22
Danny99
Vice Admiral

I really don't like the new science teacher character. She seems a little too eager to have been left in the background all of last season.
Old July 1 2014, 11:46 PM   #23
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

TayLaLaLa wrote: View Post
They killed Britt Robertson. I am going to cry!

I will keep watching though.
You need to watch Life Unexpected, and your Hatred towards any character that likes like that actress will rise.

So, welcome Tad form Friends and Jess from Misfits.

She has to be confused that no one is swearing about deviant sex acts while preforming deviant sex acts... Her American accent is not awful.

When I saw that the mother was still alive, in the second before they showed us the Dome on TV, I thought, "Golly! Junior has a mental link with the past!" and I got really happy because the whole thing was going to get time travelly and if things went just right (for me) the present was going to start "changing" depending on how Junior and his mum in the past were cocking shit up.

But no. She just faked her death to get away from big Jim.

####.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2014, 11:51 PM   #24
TayLaLaLa
Commodore

I am a fan of Britt Robertson! Triple Dog, LUX, TSC, UTD...etc.

ETA: So did the Dome give birth to the girl that killed Angie?
Old July 2 2014, 12:18 AM   #25
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

A Dome baby?

(Gods. They better not put Angie's personality into this new body. Even then, the Dome is just trying to build a better girlfriend for Junior and not make a better life for Angie. Her life is meaningless tot he Dome beyond being somewhere for Junior to put his winkle.)

It's the writing from Life Unexpected, every week to create drama she would make the stupidest choices, and the world would explode, and she was clearly to blame but everyone would forgive her so that she could repeat the cycle next week because she's skinny and blonde. That's the premiss, I can deal with it. But then along comes the final episode... Ten years earlier she had been pushed down some stairs and a bubble formed in her brain, subtracting 30 IQ points and trending her behaviour towards mental instability. They admitted that she was a crazy dumb idiot and had always been a crazy dumb idiot since the pilot. Then some expositional surgery popped her brain bubble, and the story skips ahead two years because she did absolutely nothing of interest whatsofucking ever over the next two years worth putting on a TV show until she graduates high school as Valedictorian and every one loves her because she makes good choices where upon the final credits roll... And they don't even touch upon the fact that death of personality is death, and that choosing to make her better was murder... And she is not the same person in any light any more that we had been watching for the last two years.

The moral of this story is that only crazy morons deserve TV shows.

In Under the Dome, is Brit playing a crazy moron that brings this crap on herself or a good kid in a bad situation?

Her choice in boyfriends suggests that she is a moron, and her decision to forgive him in some fashion makes her a victim and an apologist. Big Jim gave her a diner, to keep her mouth shut but he's the villain?! By the end of this season she'll be ####ing Junior again because this character is a shit magnet the like not seen since Kim Bauer from 24.

Brit keeps choosing to play these "women" so she is part of the problem, and the solution has to be early retirement on her part, so if anyone knows how to rig the lottery, can they trick Brit into winning 40 million dollars so that she will damn well leave my TV alone for the foreseeable future?

Edit.

Wait? What? The character is dead, and the actress is leaving for realz? And that's why the new girl "appeared" in the lake?

My day is made.

Last edited by Guy Gardener; July 2 2014 at 12:30 AM.
Old July 2 2014, 12:31 AM   #26
TayLaLaLa
Commodore

^ I hate you!

I get it. I just hope she can break out into better characters. She is Tomorrowland. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomorrowland_(film)

I am liking Eddie Cahill. Always love Rachelle Lefevre.
Old July 2 2014, 12:37 AM   #27
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Rachelle can eat babies and I'll still be swooning at the mere hint of her presence.

True love is the ability to ignore what's wrong with a woman who will put up with your shit.

Old July 2 2014, 02:41 AM   #28
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Forgot it was on, and I got a new DVR box this winter so the show wasn't programmed on it. Show is programmed now, and will watch this episode OnDemand later.
Old July 2 2014, 09:06 PM   #29
jbohn
Commander

I thought they found the mini dome in the center of the dome in a forest last season, but now in this episode the school is in the center?
Old July 2 2014, 09:39 PM   #30
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Asking for this show to have any sense of consistency is asking quite a bit...
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote