RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,664
Members: 24,815
Currently online: 405
Newest member: AlphaZero

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 12 2014, 10:56 AM   #16
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: The Legend of Korra: Book 3 Trailer

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
Combustion Girl and what looks like Bumi air bending. Interesting.
There's also a sequence with an Earth Kingdom person airbending.

Perhaps everyone can become a bender now that the spirit world has opened up?
Old June 12 2014, 06:22 PM   #17
Enterprise1701
Captain

It looks like the combustion girl, the magma guy, the waterbender who extends her? arms in water tentacles, and the guy with an incomplete left eyebrow are some kind of criminal gang.

I thought Book 3 would be mainly about spirit-human disputes in the wake of Book 2, but that doesn't look like it's going to be the case.
Enterprise1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2014, 04:52 AM   #18
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

Bumi airbending... and... ZUKO!!!!
Peach Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2014, 10:36 AM   #19
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Yeah, there appears to be a lot of non-air nomad airbending going on. Is it possible they've come across descendants of some that escaped the Fire Nation attacks? Is it because the spirit gates are now open? Or are the Sky Bison just taking new students?

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like there's a flashback in there somewhere featuring a young Lin Beifong and (I presume) Tenzin.
Also, looks like there's a metal bending nation now too. Or at least a city of metal benders judging by the architecture. Speaking of, I noticed Korra now has a reel of steel cable on her belt. I forget, did she learn metalbending already, or is that new?
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2014, 10:41 AM   #20
RoJoHen
Awesome

I don't think we've seen her metalbend, but given her affluence for all other types of bending, it seems like something she would be able to pick up rather easily.
Old June 13 2014, 02:15 PM   #21
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

My son and I love this show. Looking forward to Season 3!

I didn't see an airdate anywhere....??
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2014, 04:56 PM   #22
Enterprise1701
Captain

Reverend wrote: View Post
Yeah, there appears to be a lot of non-air nomad airbending going on. Is it possible they've come across descendants of some that escaped the Fire Nation attacks? Is it because the spirit gates are now open? Or are the Sky Bison just taking new students?

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like there's a flashback in there somewhere featuring a young Lin Beifong and (I presume) Tenzin.
Also, looks like there's a metal bending nation now too. Or at least a city of metal benders judging by the architecture. Speaking of, I noticed Korra now has a reel of steel cable on her belt. I forget, did she learn metalbending already, or is that new?
Someone on YouTube (I think they got ahold of and watched the leaked episodes in Spanish) said that people have spontaneously developed airbending possibly as a result of Korra opening the spirit portals. And the metalbending city is run by Lin's sister/Toph's daughter. In her youth she got involved in crime, and Lin got her face scars from capturing her.

1001001 wrote: View Post
I didn't see an airdate anywhere....??
Producers won't say that until SDCC this year apparently.
Old June 15 2014, 05:11 AM   #23
JD
Admiral

Wow, that was a great trailer.
There's also a different fan trailer put together by someone who got a hold of leaked episodes.
Old June 17 2014, 10:16 PM   #24
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: The Legend of Korra - Book Three: Change

According to this source, season 3 is set to air in Brazil in September. Based on that, it's being speculated that the U.S. will get it earlier, possibly this summer. One person in the comments section of the linked article suggests that maybe they'll show episode 1 at the San Diego Comic Con and that we'll get an airing soon after. At the very least, it looks like we'll get a release date at Comic Con and a premiere by September, which is what I've been thinking would happen.

Here are the titles for the first six episodes…

3x01: "A Breath of Fresh Air"
3x02: "Rebirth"
3x03: "The Earth Queen"
3x04: "In Harm's Way"
3x05: "The Metal Clan"
3x06: "Old Wounds"

Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2014, 10:30 PM   #25
Agent Richard07
Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Combustion Girl and what looks like Bumi air bending. Interesting.

Perhaps everyone can become a bender now that the spirit world has opened up?
A person with two elements? I didn't notice that. I've been speculating on a possible change in the nature of bending for a while now and it looks like something along those lines is coming to pass. I'll have to wait to see what direction they actually go in before I comment further though.

Something also tells me that Korra will be the last avatar due to all the changes and developments we've seen on the show and in the trailer.
Old June 18 2014, 12:09 AM   #26
Christopher
Writer

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
A person with two elements? I didn't notice that.
Not necessarily. There are plenty of non-benders in the Earth Kingdom. One of them could become an airbender and still only have the one element.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2014, 12:10 AM   #27
Christopher
Writer

"Earth Queen?" Any chance it's Toph...?

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2014, 01:48 AM   #28
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
Doesn't look like it, assuming that this is her. Anything is possible though I suppose.

There are plenty of non-benders in the Earth Kingdom. One of them could become an airbender and still only have the one element.
Ah, I misread RoJo's post. Guess we'll have to wait and see if people can get two elements.
Old June 18 2014, 04:04 PM   #29
Enterprise1701
Captain

Nope. And according to the YouTuber I referenced earlier,

Oh, and the YouTuber pointed out to me something I didn't notice in the official trailer: the waterbending member of that apparent 4-person criminal squad is missing her arms and waterbends as a substitute.
Old June 20 2014, 09:40 PM   #30
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Get ready. Book 3 starts next week.

Two episodes will air on June 27th at 7PM on Nickelodeon. Then there's a third bonus episode at 8PM. I'm not sure if it's the actual third episode or a special. If they were going to air 3 episodes, they should have just said that.

Source

This is rather sudden. I wonder if the leaked episodes have anything to do with the decision to start Book 3 now.

3x01: "A Breath of Fresh Air" After the events of Harmonic Convergence, Avatar Korra discovers that her decision to leave the spirit portals open has unexpected consequences. Wild spirit vines have overgrown Republic City and Airbenders are suddenly popping up across the four nations.

3x02: "Rebirth of a Nation" Korra, Tenzin and Team Avatar search for new Airbenders in an effort to recruit them and rebuild the Air Nation. Meanwhile, a band of sinister criminals are organizing to hunt down the Avatar themselves.

Last edited by Agent Richard07; June 20 2014 at 10:08 PM.