Stewart Snotbot Support
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Ryan Joins Arrow
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Retro Review: Jetrel
By: Michelle on Jul 24

New ThinkGeek Trek-Themed Products
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old May 11 2014, 05:31 AM   #91
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

Re: 24: Live Another Day. Discussion Thread. (Spoilers)

Which reminds me of the scene where one of the CIA peeps is looking at the computer with the list of all of Jack's kills. Now admit it, who else paused to read all of them? And who else thought it was strange that so many of them didn't even have full names.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2014, 01:57 PM   #92
Trekker4747
Out there, somewhere...

Right now, international terrorists are planning the death of an American President because of his policies on unmanned drones being used to fly over and control populations.... Is it me or is it hard to not root for these guys a little bit? I mean, sure, killing a president is pretty extreme but you have to admit, drones are pretty shitty things to use on a presumably innocent population. Also, the goth-chick thing so of works on Chloe, gotta say. My name is Jack Bauer and today is the shortest longest day of my life.

The following takes place between 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM.

Events occur in real time, unless driving is involved in which case we still use wormholes.
Old May 12 2014, 02:56 PM   #93
Anwar
Vice Admiral

I don't think the Drone thing is why the President is being targeted, that's just their excuse. The interviews done imply that Michelle Fairley's character is doing this because her husband was killed and he was an Arab terrorist.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2014, 02:19 AM   #94
Trekker4747
Out there, somewhere...

Wait?! These guys LIVED?! So Jack hasn't killed ANYONE?!
Old May 13 2014, 03:48 AM   #95
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Damn those Brits can't wait to be rude, let the man speak. I suppose it would be too much to have Devane start ranting about gold on one of his dementia spells. Though I guess I'd be pissed too if the US flies armed drones in London.

Pretty good episode, kept things rolling, put pieces in place. I think Kate might be Jack's illegitimate daughter though they saved the best Jack moment for last. Hopefully those guys will someday be able to walk again.

Mama Stark has a good face for psycho matriarch and I like Michael Wincott as cool old hacker who only seems to exist in TV and movies. I liked Jack's "Really, dude?" faces when he was griefing him.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2014, 04:03 AM   #96
Trekker4747
Out there, somewhere...

Red-haired Brit-chick must be our new Naked-Mandy for the time being. I approve.

As for the President before Parliament? It actually seems pretty on course with what I've seen of Parliament sessions. Though I'd have expected the PM or someone to have given a call for order to the President could speak.

And, well, poor Chloe. Her plot-weights are no more.
Old May 13 2014, 05:21 AM   #97
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Ahh, it wouldn't be an hour of 24 without Jack shooting someone in the leg.
Old May 13 2014, 04:54 PM   #98
Anwar
Vice Admiral

So one thing I wanted cleared up.

Are Margo's kids the children of the Al-Queda commander she married, or are they were kids from a prior marriage and thus his step-children? Cause they both look 100% white to me.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2014, 05:13 PM   #99
Scout101
Admiral

^ I always liked some of the 'little' moments better, where Jack has to improvise more. Like in the beginning of Season 4 (I think?) when they needed 10 minutes or so to get a sat feed up and running, so he robbed a gas station to stall the guy he was tracking.

Shooting a couple people in the leg to create panic/cover fits in nicely. Dick move, but effective. Which is Jack in a nutshell...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2014, 06:11 PM   #100
Trekker4747
Out there, somewhere...

Scout101 wrote: View Post
^ I always liked some of the 'little' moments better, where Jack has to improvise more. Like in the beginning of Season 4 (I think?) when they needed 10 minutes or so to get a sat feed up and running, so he robbed a gas station to stall the guy he was tracking.

Shooting a couple people in the leg to create panic/cover fits in nicely. Dick move, but effective. Which is Jack in a nutshell...
Yeah, Jack's pretty good when he's off the cuff. I think you're right it was S4 when he staged the gas-station robbery, that's also the season when the show embraced the OTT action silliness.
Old May 13 2014, 08:42 PM   #101
Scout101
Admiral

Yeah, that was probably the first season that just went over the top with plot within a plot within a plot nonsense, to the point where it sounds like the evil mastermind may have been a retarded 4 year old. And several of the 'distraction' plots would have made better attacks than the overall final plan, so not sure where they were going there. And one of those things where all the wheels have to be in motion at the same time, and any one failing means that the ones after it are screwed before they start, so just dumb.

After that, they just WENT with the dumb, and tried to up the stakes every time. Season 4, although entertaining, was where it went full retard the first time...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2014, 08:44 PM   #102
Aragorn
Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Yeah, that was probably the first season that just went over the top with plot within a plot within a plot nonsense, to the point where it sounds like the evil mastermind may have been a retarded 4 year old. And several of the 'distraction' plots would have made better attacks than the overall final plan, so not sure where they were going there. And one of those things where all the wheels have to be in motion at the same time, and any one failing means that the ones after it are screwed before they start, so just dumb.

After that, they just WENT with the dumb, and tried to up the stakes every time. Season 4, although entertaining, was where it went full retard the first time...
And his actual endgame would've caused a lot less damage and chaos to the country than if he had actually just let every single nuclear power plant go off. Especially when you look at how quickly a nuke going off in Los Angeles was forgotten in season 6.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2014, 11:00 PM   #103
Marten
Captain

Wasn't the room where Heller adressed parliament a little underwhelming? It's just a room with a lot of chairs, that looks rather temporary. Rather small, as well. I'd guess there are production reasons for not using a copy of the Commons chamber, but it still seemd a little odd.

Otherwise, I liked the episode. Jack creating a riot just to get into the embassy was really fun. And not at all worsening the diplomatic relations.
Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 05:49 AM   #104
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

"They're shooting at us!"

*shoots people in the leg*

Lol
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 06:00 AM   #105
sjsharksfan39
Admiral

View sjsharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Good episode, and so far Live Another Day is off to a good Start. It's no Orphan Black, but it's what I have come to expect from 24. I wish we had more quiet scenes like the one with Chloe and Jack in he car. It's been 4 years since we've seen these characters and so far been plot first pretty much. Also I don't watch Game of Thrones anymore, (stopped after season 2) but that Marggo character screams so much of Catlyn Stark that it's a little distracting.

Anyway, glad I decided to watch this season.