Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

View Poll Results: Please rate Starship Exeter: The Tressaurian Intersection (whole show,
Best. Trek Fanfilm. Ever. 38 40.86%
Excellent 38 40.86%
Good 15 16.13%
Average 2 2.15%
Fair 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 6 2014, 11:13 PM   #76
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral

View MauriceNavidad's Twitter Profile
Re: Exeter "The Tressaurian Intersection" Grading & Discussion Thread

It just happened because the decision was made to not hold the whole show until it was done, but to do it in parts. I'm not going to judge if that was wise or not, but it did cause the stated complications. Ideally, the Producer would be keeping an eye on this and trying to minimize the collateral problems which would accompany that approach.

That said, comparing a fan show to a pro one is really apples and oranges. On a professional production the producer has the power of the purse and therefore clout. On a volunteer production you're at the mercy of people who are doing it for fun, and you can't dictate to them what you want. As a fer instance, early on (around Act One), at least one key volunteer refused to deliver work in the way the producers dictated, and the choice was either to compromise the work, or to cut loose that person and have the work totally done over by someone else. They chose to scrap the the work and have it redone, and took a delivery date hit as a consequence.

Last edited by MauriceNavidad; May 7 2014 at 10:59 AM.
MauriceNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2014, 11:19 PM   #77
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile

Interesting. Thank you.
MikeH92467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2014, 05:10 AM   #78
scifib5st
Commander

Maurice..... You continue to amaze me....." You look Marvelous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Thank you again for your work and sweat on this......
You ta Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:b olian:
scifib5st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2014, 02:00 PM   #79
trynda1701
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Amazing to see this completed. Kudos to all involved in solving all the problems that came up along the way.

I think I came across the first couple of acts about seven years ago. Well worth the wait to see this completed. Any problems I see are minor niggles, which do not take away my enjoyment of the episode.

By the way, it would be nice to see some mention of this milestone over on TrekMovie dot com. They do cover fan films, so I'm surprised to not see any comment on the completion yet.
Old May 7 2014, 03:35 PM   #80
E-DUB
Captain

Since it had been so long since I'd seen the earlier installments, I figured I should watch it from the start again. I'll tell you, it felt like I was watching an episode of a spin-off series actually made in the late '60's.
E-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2014, 08:39 PM   #81
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral

E-DUB wrote: View Post
Since it had been so long since I'd seen the earlier installments, I figured I should watch it from the start again. I'll tell you, it felt like I was watching an episode of a spin-off series actually made in the late '60's.
That's what we were aiming for.
Old May 8 2014, 06:04 AM   #82
HarryM
Fleet Captain

Best ever. Great job, worth the wait!
HarryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2014, 09:59 PM   #83
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral

Not review-related, but here are a few images related to the production.

Old May 8 2014, 11:45 PM   #84
wtriker1701
Lieutenant Commander

Those 5 seconds were not too ling! ;-)
wtriker1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2014, 11:56 PM   #85
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Denise. Ha!

(I did notice it earlier).
Old May 9 2014, 12:42 AM   #86
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Love the background information Maurice!

Now I want to watch "Tressaurian" all over again.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 01:31 AM   #87
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral

USS Intrepid wrote: View Post
Denise. Ha!

(I did notice it earlier).
I told Dennis he was a "real mother".
Old May 9 2014, 12:04 PM   #88
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Maurice wrote: View Post
He's been called worse.
Old May 9 2014, 09:36 PM   #89
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral

USS Intrepid wrote: View Post
Maurice wrote: View Post
He's been called worse.
By me! LOL
Old May 10 2014, 06:03 AM   #90
starshipexeter
Ensign

I thought this might be interesting for some. It's my original "treatment" for TTI. Josh and I had about 10 of these. Each was an outline for a potential Exeter episode. When we asked Dennis to pen a script for us, he looked them all over and decided to work from this one:

STARSHIP EXETER
"The Tressaurian Intersection"

Story Premise
By Jimm Johnson

The Tressaurians, a mysterious reptilian race begin experimenting with forth dimensional technology. While on a data gathering mission to a collapsing star near Tressaurian space, the EXETER encounters a Tressaurian ship. The Tressaurian refuses to answer hails from the EXETER.

Suddenly the EXETER is probed by a tachyon scan. Ship’s sensors are unable to pinpoint the scan’s origin. Incredibly, it appears that the scan originates from inside the EXETER. Sensors also read tachyon energy in the Tressaurian vessel. This may indicate that the Tressaurian are also being scanned. The astrophysics department reports that the star’s rate of collapse has increased, but not dangerously so, although the reason for the increase is not clear.

Garrovick distrusts the Tressaurians-- they were responsible for the destruction of the S.S. MERRIMAC in the Tangaro incident-- and believes that they must be responsible for the probe, even though sensors show the scan to have originated from within the EXETER. He is convinced that the Tressaurians are up to no good, and calls on the ships science and astrophysics department to investigate.

It is discovered that the tachyon beam actually entered the ship from an outside source situated at a right angle to our three dimensional universe. In other words, it came from fourth dimensional space, travelling along the so-called ‘w’ axis.

Mr. Shelley explains that he may be able to project the transporter beam into forth dimensional space along the path of the detected tachyon beam. He warns, however, that research into forth dimensional phenomenon indicates that such procedures can create a temporary destabilization in local three dimensional space. This is probably what caused the star’s rate of collapse to increase.

Despite the danger, Garrovick opts to use Shelley’s plan in order to investigate the probe. He plans to personally beam out, but Harris talks him out of it, arguing that he is essential aboard the EXETER and that she is more qualified than him to take the necessary readings while in quadraxial space.

Harris suits up and beams into the fourth dimension. She finds herself floating in a vast space filled with swirling patterns and shifting colors. She also finds a strange angular device, about the size of a small refridgerator, with rotating mirrored panels on it. It appears to be of Tressaurian design. She takes what fragmentary readings she can on the object, for the device keeps shifting along the fourth dimensional axis and seeming to blink in and out.

When the safety margin has expired, Shelley beams her back. Her return beam-in weakens three dimensional space aroun the EXETER, and the nearby star’s rate of collapse begins to increase geometrically. Incredibly, the dying star begins to form a black hole, pulling the EXETER and the Tressaurian ship in.

After analyzing the data taken from the Tressaurian device, Harris believes it to be a fourth dimensional beam reflector. Using the readings she has obtained, she theorizes that they may be able to alter their warp engines in such a way as to allow the EXETER to pass into fourth dimensional space. Although risky, she believes this to be their only means of escape, since they would then be able to travel along the so-called ‘w’ axis, outside the gravitational influence of a three dimensional black hole.

Once in four dimensional space, the EXETER is able to travel along the ‘w’ axis and drop back into three dimensional space away from any large planetary bodies which might be disturbed by the spatial destabilization inherent in the dimensional transition.

The Tressaurian ship is detected on long range sensors still trying to escape the black hole. Garrovick orders the EXETER back to try to assist them, but when they arrive the matter/antimatter drive on the Tressaurian ship has ruptured, and the ship is rapidly being pulled back into the black hole. Once again Garrovick tries to hail the Tressaurians, but they do not respond even though their communications appear functional.

Garrovick orders Shelley to beam the survivors off the doomed ship before they are sucked into the black hole. Before Shelley can lock on to them, however, the Tressaurians use their own transporter to beam themselves aboard the EXETER. Three (or more) of the lizard-men materialize in a corridor on the lower decks of the ship and begin to attack the crew as they make their way to auxiliary control.

Garrovick orders security to intercept and stop them at all costs. He and Cutty rush to the scene where there is a massive phaser fight in progress. Phaser stun does not effect the powerful Tressaurians, and they refuse to surrender, so in the end they must all be killed.

Later, back on the bridge Garrovick expresses regret at having to destroy the Tressaurians since it was partially his fault that they were caught in the black hole. But Harris and Cutty remind him of the Tressaurians’ part in the whole affair, and that perhaps the massive failure of their fourth dimensional reflector will deter them from developing the device into a weapon.

The new black hole sucks in streams of starlight as the EXETER flys off.
starshipexeter is offline   Reply With Quote