Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old May 28 2014, 05:58 PM   #16
Bixby
Commander

Re: Star Trek Equinox

I'd like to get enthusiastic about this production, but they don't make it easy.

They say they have a great story (''two long-lost characters team up to save the universe from a powerful Delta Quadrant enemy'') but can't reveal any more details for fear of spoiling the plot...

The whole purpose of a pitch is to grab the attention of the studio/investors/viewing public with a carefully-worded and intriguing premise, and what they have in their video goes a long way to explain their underwhelming crowdfunding.

They do have Cindy Pickett among the cast, whom I remember from long ago on St-Elsewhere and as Ferris Bueller's mom ...

When looking at their opening title video and its CG effects, all I can say is: ''ouch!!''

BTW, naming one of your characters Christine Roddenberry is a baaaaad idea.....
Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2014, 08:18 PM   #17
USS Intrepid
Commodore

I think it suggests that people are tiring of stunt casting.
Old May 28 2014, 08:42 PM   #18
Maurice
Vice Admiral

View Maurice's Twitter Profile

I bet the only way they'd get Lockwood is with $$$, which is no doubt part of why they keep trying to raise money.
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2014, 09:17 PM   #19
wtriker1701
Lieutenant

They even need to fundraise the trailer... Awww c'mon...

Lockwood not's gotta eat, for sure ;-)

EDIT: And I've just seen a trailer removed because of copyright infringement...
This doesn't look promising, I guess.
wtriker1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2014, 12:29 AM   #20
Maurice
Vice Admiral

Which trailer?
Old May 29 2014, 02:29 PM   #21
Dennis
The Man

wtriker1701 wrote: View Post

Lockwood not's gotta eat, for sure ;-)
Old May 29 2014, 03:43 PM   #22
Tom
Rear Admiral

These guys should get together with the people running Titan ... would be perfect fit! LOL

Owner - TrekUnited.com - Forum now re-open! click here
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2014, 12:52 AM   #23
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

They just announced they got a C&D letter about their store from CBS legal. Here's the entire, unedited text, from Facebook:

EQINEWS: Good Morning everyone. As we go into our ninth month of preproduction it looks like we have some great personal appearance news, and some updates from CBS legal.
The first thing is we are finally confirmed to appear at San Diego Comic Con, and also waiting to hear back on a second appearance that I'm sure is another "first appearance".
Next we received a letter from CBS legal stating very clearly that our Equinox store and Go Fund Me was outside of the limits of what CBS allows, as we have never "sold" any merchandise, but we have to clearly state that all merchandise is absolutely free based on contributions to the production costs. (Which has always been the case) so we have to reword everything so no one is confused.
The next bit of news is we are in the planning stages of a very special concert which will be announced in detail once its finalized, but we are sure will sell out very quickly.
Finally expect to see a very cool Equinox Trailer as our Director of Photography is putting together some great footage we thought lost.
Thank You All as this is going to be an interesting summer and if you have not been by the IMDB in a while there are new cast members added and finally finding a Director that may just love Star Trek more than any of us.
Eric Nyenhuis for Team Equinox
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2014, 02:03 PM   #24
Tom
Rear Admiral

That's interesting Barb. It goes to show that CBS does indeed watch everything and can see right thru the projects that are not what they are suppose to be. 9 months of pre-production huh...hmmm

Old May 30 2014, 03:47 PM   #25
wtriker1701
Lieutenant

Maurice wrote: View Post
Which trailer?
Sorry, Maurice. Seems like they have taken down their fundraising... Wonder what happened there?

However, they claimed in their first video, that their goal was to finance a trailer first and the movie afterwards...

EDIT: I've just read Barb's post... Now it's become clear.

Last edited by wtriker1701; May 30 2014 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Having read a later post that explained things.
wtriker1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2014, 04:31 PM   #26
Bixby
Commander

I looked at some of their videos yesterday during lunchtime. One was an audition bit with canadian actor John Kapelos, who most probably remember as the janitor in the Breakfast Club movie. He mustered up a really decent british accent (what region I couldn't tell you) for the Equinox's engineer, but the dialogue itself sounded way too much like the usual Scotty dramatic dialogue...

It seems like they are settling for TOS era settings and costumes due to costs as it seemed they originally wanted the Wrath of Khan-era interiors and tunics, but claim the costumes alone would have cost them 75000$.

Say what you will about Alec Peters and his Axanar project, it has from the start been clearly thought out and planned, its progression from script to development to pre-prod to crowdfunding to actual production has been masterful, to say the least.

Equinox's, sorry to say, is a mess...
Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30 2014, 05:11 PM   #27
Tom
Rear Admiral

Yup, very impressed by the Axanar project!

Old May 30 2014, 09:31 PM   #28
mos6507
Captain

It seems like Gary Lockwood's daughter is somehow involved in this, and may even be the reason she got him involved. I think Gary Lockwood's done great work in his career but he does look frail and unhealthy and he should probably stay away from the cameras to protect his dignity. He's not able to defy age to the extent an athletic guy like Michael Forrest has.
Old May 30 2014, 09:34 PM   #29
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Their latest update.

Greetings everyone.

The cast is getting together in July 24-29th at San Diego Comic Con and we hope you can join us to meet John Savage, Blanca Blanco, Gary Lockwood, and myself and get your John & Gary action figures signed by these iconic actors.

As we are spending monies daily from the budget to constantly create music/editing/CGI/Web Content and with the store down and Godfundme being revamped and reworded we need to raise money to take care of the expense of bringing the crew together for San Diego Comic, and hopefully Las Vegas Creation.

We will in fact be starting a campaign to do so which all the perks are signed and ready to ship Aug 4 2012.

We hope to see you all this summer. Thank You all again.

ALL THE PERKS ARE FREE. Autograph fee's applied.
Old May 30 2014, 10:20 PM   #30
Maurice
Vice Admiral

"We need money to pay for our efforts to do stuff to get you guys to give us money."