RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,172
Posts: 5,344,957
Members: 24,601
Currently online: 502
Newest member: Capt_n_Admiral

TrekToday headlines

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 3 2014, 08:02 AM   #1
Candlelight
Admiral
 
Candlelight's Avatar
 
Location: New Zealand
King Joffrey Vs The Internet

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...ng-in-Auckland

Tweet away!
__________________
"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
Candlelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2014, 01:19 PM   #2
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: King Joffrey Vs The Internet

I wonder if the poor dude knows in what dangerous position he put himself in. There are crazy people out there. And once he is done playing Joffrey, his career will either be over, or he will play bad guys for the rest of his life.
__________________
lol
l
/\
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2014, 01:33 PM   #3
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral
 
trekkiebaggio's Avatar
 
Location: Dancing to the Jailhouse Rock
View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile
Re: King Joffrey Vs The Internet

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
I wonder if the poor dude knows in what dangerous position he put himself in. There are crazy people out there. And once he is done playing Joffrey, his career will either be over, or he will play bad guys for the rest of his life.
I think he's said he's not interested in acting after GoT.
__________________
Angelic Hellfire - My novel.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2014, 03:39 PM   #4
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral
 
DarthTom's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Re: King Joffrey Vs The Internet

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
I wonder if the poor dude knows in what dangerous position he put himself in. There are crazy people out there. And once he is done playing Joffrey, his career will either be over, or he will play bad guys for the rest of his life.
nah. If Daniel Radcliffe can move on from Harry Potter - which he has - than Jack Gleeson can move from from playing Joffrey.

oh- and any 21 year old who says he's, 'quitting the business,' after GoT isn't being honest with his fans or himself. Onece the money dries up I'd wager he'll be back.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 01:26 AM   #5
Candlelight
Admiral
 
Candlelight's Avatar
 
Location: New Zealand
Re: King Joffrey Vs The Internet

DarthTom wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
I wonder if the poor dude knows in what dangerous position he put himself in. There are crazy people out there. And once he is done playing Joffrey, his career will either be over, or he will play bad guys for the rest of his life.
nah. If Daniel Radcliffe can move on from Harry Potter - which he has - than Jack Gleeson can move from from playing Joffrey.

oh- and any 21 year old who says he's, 'quitting the business,' after GoT isn't being honest with his fans or himself. Onece the money dries up I'd wager he'll be back.
His exact words were "back to university". I don't believe he ever said he'd fully give up acting.
__________________
"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
Candlelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 12:31 PM   #6
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral
 
DarthTom's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Re: King Joffrey Vs The Internet

Candlelight wrote: View Post
His exact words were "back to university". I don't believe he ever said he'd fully give up acting.
As I understand it he's currently attending school while he works on GoT? He's studying philosophy - and as we all know a degree in philosophy after graduation leads to those high paying jobs.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 12:38 PM   #7
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral
 
trekkiebaggio's Avatar
 
Location: Dancing to the Jailhouse Rock
View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile
Re: King Joffrey Vs The Internet

DarthTom wrote: View Post
Candlelight wrote: View Post
His exact words were "back to university". I don't believe he ever said he'd fully give up acting.
As I understand it he's currently attending school while he works on GoT? He's studying philosophy - and as we all know a degree in philosophy after graduation leads to those high paying jobs.
As I know all too well
__________________
Angelic Hellfire - My novel.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2014, 12:27 AM   #8
-Brett-
Rear Admiral
 
Re: King Joffrey Vs The Internet

If this isn't a spoiler, it's definitely borderline.
-Brett- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2014, 03:01 AM   #9
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: King Joffrey Vs The Internet

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
DarthTom wrote: View Post
Candlelight wrote: View Post
His exact words were "back to university". I don't believe he ever said he'd fully give up acting.
As I understand it he's currently attending school while he works on GoT? He's studying philosophy - and as we all know a degree in philosophy after graduation leads to those high paying jobs.
As I know all too well
Just don't say you didn't expect it to be like that.
__________________
lol
l
/\
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2014, 05:47 PM   #10
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bulawayo Military Krral
Re: King Joffrey Vs The Internet

DarthTom wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
I wonder if the poor dude knows in what dangerous position he put himself in. There are crazy people out there. And once he is done playing Joffrey, his career will either be over, or he will play bad guys for the rest of his life.
nah. If Daniel Radcliffe can move on from Harry Potter - which he has - than Jack Gleeson can move from from playing Joffrey.

oh- and any 21 year old who says he's, 'quitting the business,' after GoT isn't being honest with his fans or himself. Once the money dries up I'd wager he'll be back.
He`s not the only one-Chris Evans has said that he will be quitting acting after the ninth Captain America movie or the next Avengers one (he wants to be a director).
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2014, 08:50 PM   #11
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: King Joffrey Vs The Internet

The NINTH Captain America movie?
__________________
In labor news: Longshoremen walked off the piers today. Rescue operations are continuing.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2014, 09:17 PM   #12
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral
 
Out Of My Vulcan Mind's Avatar
 
Location: Wherever you go, there you are.
Re: King Joffrey Vs The Internet

That should read the third Captain America movie, not the ninth. Evans initially signed on to play Captain America nine times, but it was later reduced to six.
__________________
"I'll see you in another life, brother."
Out Of My Vulcan Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2014, 09:43 PM   #13
Candlelight
Admiral
 
Candlelight's Avatar
 
Location: New Zealand
Re: King Joffrey Vs The Internet

Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
he wants to be a director.
He would be the most buff director in Hollywood.
__________________
"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
Candlelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2014, 05:12 AM   #14
Campe98
Commodore
 
Campe98's Avatar
 
Location: Tennessee
Re: King Joffrey Vs The Internet

Then if you count Thor 2 cameo, Evans will complete his contract with Cap 3.
__________________
"Living is easy with eyes closed."
John Lennon, Strawberry Fields Forever
Campe98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2014, 05:43 AM   #15
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral
 
Out Of My Vulcan Mind's Avatar
 
Location: Wherever you go, there you are.
Re: King Joffrey Vs The Internet

Campe98 wrote: View Post
Then if you count Thor 2 cameo, Evans will complete his contract with Cap 3.
Evans clarified in an interview that the cameo didn't count towards his six-film commitment.
__________________
"I'll see you in another life, brother."
Out Of My Vulcan Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.