Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Who do you think won't make it out of Season 4?
Rick 1 2.33%
Carl 1 2.33%
Michonne 1 2.33%
Daryl 2 4.65%
Beth 21 48.84%
Carol 4 9.30%
Tyrese 4 9.30%
Maggie 1 2.33%
Bob 15 34.88%
Sasha 6 13.95%
Glenn 5 11.63%
Tara 8 18.60%
Abraham 1 2.33%
Eugene 3 6.98%
Rosita 8 18.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 20 2014, 02:51 AM   #1
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Who will die next in The Walking Dead?

**spoilers up to the current episode**

First off I know there's already a TWD thread, but we're allowed more than one right?

So basically TWD is up there with Game of Thrones for killing off main characters, and as we approach the end of Season 4 (two episodes to go) I wonder if we might be getting some soonish...

Looking back- in Season 1 (only 6 episodes to be fair) we had Ed, Amy, Jim and Jacqui of "the group" to die.

Season 2-
First half- Sophia
Second half- Dale, Shane, Andrea. And to a less extent the minor character of Jimmy and Patricia.

Season 3-
First half- T-Dog, Lori, Oscar
Second half- Axel, Merle, Milton, Andrea

Season 4-
First half- Hershel, the Governor. And a few minor people at the prison, Karen etc
Second half so far- Mika & Lizzie, fairly minor characters.

So if they were to follow tradition someone or more may die in the last two episodes. Of course they could easily not do that, but let's say if they do, who do ya think it's gonna be and won't make it out of Season 4 alive...
Feel free to post on who you think or who you want, if they're different choices, and vote for more than one if you like.
EDIT: So it could be no one, or it could be a few. Thus let's say Vote For 3

I put new characters Abraham, Eugene & Rosita in the poll, though I'd be surprised to any of them die I suppose you never know. I also forgot to put baby Judith on, but they wouldn't kill her would they.....

Last edited by Ethros; March 20 2014 at 03:07 AM.
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2014, 03:05 AM   #2
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Re: Who will die next in The Walking Dead?

Place your bets!

My thoughts-
Hmm like I said I can't see them offing the newbies without actually doing anything with them. Rick & Carl are fairly 99.9% positive to survive. Michonne too.

Outside of that… Glenn & Maggie I would say too will make it. The problem is they don't wanna go for the obvious ones, such as Jimmy & Patricia in the Season 2 finale, or Oscar & Axel in Season 3. I feel like if the likes of Bob or Sasha die it will kinda be too obvious.

So, with the arrival of big burly no-nonsense Abraham, I'm thinking Tyrese could be a goner, or if they wanna have a big shocker- Daryl Dixon himself.
And then for my final choice, I'll just go for Sasha, never really found her that interesting tbh
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2014, 03:09 AM   #3
Bad Bishop
Rear Admiral

It better not be Beth.
Old March 20 2014, 03:19 AM   #4
Poinsettia
Commodore

Beth.

...Pink is my favorite crayon...
Poinsettia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2014, 03:19 AM   #5
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Robert Kirkman says (and I quote), "No character is too popular to die. Suck it, Reedus!"
Old March 20 2014, 03:43 AM   #6
sojourner
Admiral

Random zombie #4 will be the next to die.
Old March 20 2014, 03:44 AM   #7
Mojochi
Commodore

Bad Bishop wrote: View Post
It better not be Beth.
I'm with you on that

I've been saying for a while now that no character is above being killed off at this point. I think the sad reality is that featured characters who've gotten a full arc of development are unfortunately prime targets

The crappy part of that is that people like Rick, Carol & Daryl have gotten a lot of development, and I can see ways that they could easily round out either Carol or Daryl's arc this season. The good news is that when Daryl dies, I'm almost certain he will do it sacrificing himself for others, (& probably to a human conflict instead of zombie one) which is the ultimate completion of his arc, from loser nothing dirtbag, in the shadow of his awful excuse for a human brother, into a noble & compassionate protector who values the lives of others as much as his own. This new group of his has almost no purpose, other than to be a catalyst for him to be thrown into a moral dilemma involving Carol, Beth or maybe Rick. One of his family is certain to be at odds with this gang he's in now

If I was putting odds on it, Beth, Carol & maybe Bob are at the top of the list, & possibly Daryl as the longshot. I'd just be real sad to see Beth go. There is just no one right now who can infuse that moral & faithful Hershel influence better, at this point, and the show needs that. Likewise, losing Melissa McBride would be losing the best actress the show has maybe ever had

I'm torn at this point. It'll be sad to see nearly any of those I mentioned go right now, but I have also come to terms with the fact that at some point they probably all will, so I'm also ready for it
Mojochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2014, 04:49 AM   #8
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

Wow they killed off Hershel? I guess I'm done with the series.
Old March 20 2014, 05:11 AM   #9
bountifulboxesjeg
Vice Admiral

Tara is a close second but Beth's death sounds more plausible at this point. Plus, her death would bring the other characters together more.

Last edited by bountifulboxesjeg; March 20 2014 at 06:20 PM.
bountifulboxesjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2014, 02:47 PM   #10
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

I think Beth is safe until she is reunited with Maggie.

"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2014, 02:50 PM   #11
dansigal
Commander

Maybe they are done killing of characters? Eh?
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2014, 03:50 PM   #12
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

dansigal wrote: View Post
Maybe they are done killing of characters? Eh?
Not a chance. And someone said about Reedus aka Daryl - I think there are 3 safe characters for a while. Rick, Carl, and Daryl.

Andy Lincoln and Reedus being way to popular to kill off - the producers would be stupid to do so unless the actors got either greedy or wanted to leave.

Carl because he's central to the plot.

My money is on that both Glenn and Maggie are toast.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2014, 04:04 PM   #13
Ugly Sweater
Trekker4747

Well, not only is Lincoln popular but it's *his* character's story! He's the main character and is probably the safest one on the show. Daryl is way too popular for them to risk killing off and Carl is pretty central to the plot and story too. Maggie and Glenn I'd say are largely safe for now, mostly from the popularity of those characters -and actors. Everyone else? Fair game. Really, I think Carol is on very borrowed time at this point.
Old March 20 2014, 04:25 PM   #14
TemporalFlux
Commodore

If the show continues to loosely follow the comics, then Carol, Beth and Tyrese are on the chopping block (they've all so far lived longer than they did in the comic).
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2014, 05:38 PM   #15
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

There was a time when i would have liked to see Tyrese go, but since he's forgiven Carol I've backed off a little. If Carol dies i'll be upset but I won't scream "raping my childhood."

Maggie must not die. She's the hottest thing on the damn show.

If we can even kill kids now I wouldn't mind seeing Carl buy it, but I'd like to see how his "romance" with Michonne develops first.

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote