Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Retro Watches
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

New DS9 eBook To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 18 2014, 08:48 PM   #1
Dream
Admiral

Pixar is making The Incredibles 2 and Cars 3

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Cars-...xar-42139.html

Recently, we reported on Pixar Animation Studio’s progress when it came to bringing past classics back to theaters with 3D upgrades. The films of Brad Bird were in the spotlight, as Pixar was fashioning enhanced visions of The Incredibles and Ratatouille. That might have been the ideal time to reveal this new bit of news, but Disney decided to wait, to give it a little bot of breathing room.

Now it can be announced that sequels are underway for both the Incredibles and Cars franchises. The news was revealed at an annual stockholders’ meeting (and reported – amongst other places – on InsideTheMagic.net).

So, we’re back in sequel land with Pixar, even as the studio toils away on original fare like Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur. There is reason to get excited. /Film confirms that original Incredibles director Bird is working on the story for the next chapter of the Parr family. I honestly have no idea why it took this long to get an Incredibles sequel off the ground. This first movie ENDS with a set up for the next adventure, if that’s the direction that Bird wants to go. Bring on the Underminer!
I'm surprised that it has taken Brad Bird so long to get started on the Incredibles 2, since we are right in the middle of the superhero film craze right now.

Don't really care about the Cars franchise, but I understand many little kids will disagree with me on that, and Disney makes a ton of money every year through merchandise sales.

Last edited by Dream; March 18 2014 at 09:03 PM.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2014, 08:53 PM   #2
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: Pixar is making The Incredibles 2 and Cars 3

Great news about the Incredibles. I've wanted a sequel since the first time I saw it. So long as there is a good story and good script, with Brad Bird again at the helm, I am very excited.

More Edna this time, I hope.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2014, 09:22 PM   #3
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

I'm cautiously optimistic.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2014, 09:25 PM   #4
Christopher
Writer

Dream wrote: View Post
I'm surprised that it has taken Brad Bird so long to get started on the Incredibles 2, since we are right in the middle of the superhero film craze right now.
I'm not surprised. He always said he'd only do it if he had the right story. I wouldn't want them to do it merely to capitalize on a profitable trend -- better that they waited until genuine inspiration struck.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2014, 09:26 PM   #5
Captain_Amasov
Captain

Brad Bird said he didn't want to do another Incredibles unless there was a good enough story reason to do one, I guess he's finally come up with something.
Captain_Amasov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2014, 09:34 PM   #6
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Captain_Amasov wrote: View Post
Brad Bird said he didn't want to do another Incredibles unless there was a good enough story reason to do one, I guess he's finally come up with something.
Throw enough money at someone who says stuff like that, and all of a sudden any story is good enough.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2014, 09:53 PM   #7
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

I'm looking forward to The Incredibles 2. I really enjoyed the first one and hope they introduce more supers time around. Did Samuel L. Jackson sign on to return?
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2014, 09:58 PM   #8
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

Just announce Brave 2 already.
Old March 18 2014, 10:38 PM   #9
Mr Light
Admiral

INCREDIBLES 2: Hooray! Finally! Woo hoo!

CARS 3: ugh.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2014, 10:58 PM   #10
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

FINALLY. The one Pixar film other than Toy Story that actually benefits from a sequel. I trust Brad Bird to give us another great film.

I actually liked Cars but the sequel sucked and I see no need for another, but it's John Lasseter's pet series, so I'm not surprised by this.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2014, 11:40 PM   #11
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

I'm looking forward to The Incredibles 2, but I'm very hesitant about Cars 3. I loved Cars, but the sequel was awful. I'm not holding out much hope for the 3rd.
"If you'd come today you would've reached a whole nation. Israel in 4 B.C. had no mass communication. " - Judas, Jesus Christ Superstar
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2014, 12:03 AM   #12
Relayer1
Commodore

Not hugely optimistic - Pixar seems to have gone a little off the boil recently with their original features, and apart from Toy Story, their sequels are particularly weak - I adored Cars, but Cars 2 was a huge disappointment. We certainly don't need Cars 3, and Incredibles 2 would have to be pretty special to match the first one...
Old March 19 2014, 12:20 AM   #13
Mr Light
Admiral

The thing about The Incredibles is that it lends itself to a franchise. It's a superhero story. You can do an endless number of super villains. It's an open ended premise.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2014, 12:38 AM   #14
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

I'm really excited for Incredibles 2. I loved the first movie, and I've really wanted to see a sequel. It certainly deserves one more than Monsters, Inc or Cars did. I think Pixar proved it can do good sequels with Toy Story 2 & 3, so I'm hopeful Incredibles 2 will be good. I couldn't care less about Cars 3. I thought Cars one was ok, but I never bothered to watch Cars 2.
kirk55555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2014, 02:55 AM   #15
Levi
Lieutenant Commander

Awesome very excited to hear about Incredibles 2! I don't seem to enjoy the animated movies as much anymore, but I did love the first and am now pretty stoked to see the next one!
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote