Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 24 2014, 04:39 PM   #1
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Bates Motel season 2 thread--spoilers of course

Episode 2--daddy comes home

Anybody who watched the ep knows what I mean. The way Dylan took to Caleb, you knew he was in for heartbreak. The way Caleb hugged him and lingered for awhile when Dylan gave him the money--ahhhh, that's my boy. Still, there's a smidgeon of doubt with Caleb's vague assertions that he hadn't protected Norma from their father. Could Norma have suppressed everything so much that she's confused about who abused her? Dylan looking like Caleb isn't definitive. Caleb could look like granddaddy.

It's easy to understand how Norma got so incredibly messed up; she's a lonely woman. She was like a little lost girl who was so thrilled to have a friend; it was almost too sad for words.

Poor Dylan. He's got a gang war he could stop but that would put Bradley and her mother at risk. He tried to advise whatshisface the crazy new guy that enough was enough, but he won't listen, of course. Now the daddy news. At best, he's Norma's half brother and son instead of her son and her nephew. What a choice. Max Theriot does angst well. The writers seem eager to heap plenty on the poor guy.

I choked with laughter when new girl's boyfriend grabbed Norman's leg while he was making out with her....and she was completelky unfazed because she thought Norman was gay, too. Norma's gonna loooooooove her. HA!

And Norman went into complete batshit attack mode again when he only saw Dylan yelling at Norma. The kid's gonna crack sooner rather than later. Caleb might not be long for this world.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 12:06 AM   #2
Let the Good Times Roll!!

Re: Bates Motel season 2 thread--spoilers of course

I love this show. It's skin-crawlingly awesome.

What's Norma going to do with these bluebloods she's been introduced to? I have a feeling she's going to blow it, become exposed somehow.

Dylan is all-kinds of messed up. Talk about a difficult life!

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2014, 04:55 AM   #3
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

Norman confronting his uncle was one of the creepiest things I have ever seen.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2014, 06:07 AM   #4
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

That wasn't Norman. That was mother. Anyone who complains that Freddie Highmore doesn't have the goods must be pretty convinced after this ep. Highmore can bring it.

Norma broke my heart telling Dylan she was young, had no supportive father and a mother that was sedated all the time. Who could she go to? Dylan's so desperate not to believe it that he's being cruel. It's perfectly understandable with the messed up family dynamic. Both mother and son number one were raw and vulnerable in that scene. Bravo to Vera Farmiga and Max Theriot.

And Caleb never denied it. A man who didn't sleep with his sister would vehemently deny it. "It wasn't like that," doesn't cut it. A 13 year old girl, his sister, made him have sex? I don't think so. It is obvious that Caleb believed Norma's husband was Dylan's father. Was their mother abusing Caleb to the point where he though sex between brother and sister was no big deal? Much dysfunction, abuse, and pathos. Very dark stuff. Is Caleb Lem from "The Shield"?

Emma's pretty superfluous now. They'd better use her character or jettison her like they did Bradley. Cody bugs the crap out of me.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old March 26 2014, 03:32 PM   #5
wissaboo
Captain

Yeah Caleb is Lem. Nice to see him again. And great casting. Him and Max Theriot totally look like father and son.

I like Emma. A bit of normality so you can recover from some of the intense scenes. And she's the one most likely to give Dylan a hug. Someone really needs to give him a hug. How is Norman getting more attention from the ladies than Dylan? That is one screwed up town.
Old March 26 2014, 05:40 PM   #6
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

How is Norman getting more attention from the ladies than Dylan? That is one screwed up town
QFT. If I were a teenager I'd be making a damn fool of myself whenever he came around. Hell, if I were a cougar 25 years later wanting to make my husband a little jealous....I'd be prowling around that boy. Max Theriot is scrumptious. Fortunately for TPTB, he can act.

I thought that was Lem. They do look alike. Which was no accident when it came to casting, I'm sure. Don't get me wrong. I'd like for them to find something for Emma to do. It's just that, at the moment, she seems superfluous. Maybe they will pair up her and Dylan. They're both empathetic. We shall see.

So--does anybody survive this series except Norman? Emma's a little nosy. She may discover something that ultimately imperils her. Like Norman trying on mother's bra and murdering the local hot girls. Norma's a goner when all is said and done. That's a given. Dylan's a goner, too, unless Norman manages to pin him crimes on him and send him to prison.

Or, as I've stated my ultimate great ending twist would be--Dylan turns into the "other man" that pushes Norman over the edge into killing mother and "boyfriend." Norman's been the favored son forever. His psyche may not be able to handle being pushed aside (or perceiving to be pushed aside) by son number one

Old April 7 2014, 09:38 PM   #7
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

‘Bates Motel’ Renewed For Third Season
Old April 8 2014, 06:16 AM   #8
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

YES!

Bates Motel is sticking around. With Vera Farmiga's emmy nomination and the good reviews, I'm not surprised. A&E desperately wants to compete with AMC for original programming that's not Hoarders and Swamp People and all the other garbage. Another Mad Men would be hard to duplicate, so A&E went for the horror genre. It was a bold move that will pay off in the long run, IMO. Now to watch tonight's ep. I hate working nights, but what can you do?

Old April 8 2014, 06:36 AM   #9
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

With how the timeline is moving... I can see in the next remake of Psycho, that it's one of those flying car highways like in Back to the Future II beside the Bates Hotel.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2014, 04:12 PM   #10
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Jeez Louise,

How is Norman going to get out of this little jam? Killing Mr. Brennan isn't exactly something that's going to go away.

Norma is so naive...she has no idea that this Ford character expects her to be his puppet and do his bidding on the council. Norma's so childlike that I feel sorry for her. She never had any healthy role models so she can't function in real life. Norman putting his head on her bosom to hug her creeped me out. Then again, her jumping on the bed with him doesn't exactly scream healthy boundaries either. I wonder how she's going to react having to make an alliance with the "evil" Cody. Two women who know that he blacks out. All of a sudden Cody doesn't seem long for this world either.

And Dylan finally got some. The pot queen decided she wanted herself a scrumptious little num num treat. Finally a woman in town who isn't blind and deaf.

Old April 8 2014, 05:48 PM   #11
wissaboo
Captain

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post

And Dylan finally got some. The pot queen decided she wanted herself a scrumptious little num num treat. Finally a woman in town who isn't blind and deaf.
'bout freaking time
Old April 13 2014, 05:53 PM   #12
Jack Frost
Commodore

Did anyone else catch the music cues after Norman pushed asshole down the stairs?

I cannot wipe the smile off my face for this series!
Old April 14 2014, 09:43 PM   #13
Jack Frost
Commodore

Guess not... it was the first time I recall hearing the famous violin shrieks used in Bates Motel.

You know...

Old April 15 2014, 04:47 PM   #14
wissaboo
Captain

I love Emma. She's just so darn spunky with her little oxygen tank.
Old April 15 2014, 06:28 PM   #15
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Did the police woman say the semen sample in Blair Watson? Ohhhhh, Norman's toast. He's getting awfully defiant with mommy. Freddie Highmore looked so insidious when he was walking down the stairs with Norma after she told him Cody's dad's death had been ruled an accident. Ticking time bomb. Yowza.