RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 144,689
Posts: 5,687,675
Members: 25,659
Currently online: 530
Newest member: legme

TrekToday headlines

Worf Vinyl Bust Bank
By: T'Bonz on Apr 27

Independent Star Trek Fan Film Awards Announced
By: T'Bonz on Apr 27

Vulcan Pays Tribute To Nimoy
By: T'Bonz on Apr 27

Rumor Mill: Star Trek 3 Filming Location
By: T'Bonz on Apr 27

Retro Review: Time and Again
By: Michelle on Apr 25

USS Enterprise Model To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Apr 24

Vulcan Nimoy Tribute
By: T'Bonz on Apr 24

Pegg Writing Kickass Role For Elba
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Galaxy Quest To Become A Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Mulgrew On Voyager Twentieth Anniversary
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 15 2014, 04:36 PM   #1
evangelist6589
Lieutenant
 
Bread and Circuses

There is a old man in this episode whom is know as Mr. Atitios in the episode All Our Yesterdays. I know its the same actor but is it the same character? Many of the Trek actors appear in more than one episode I have noted but this actor I am not sure.
evangelist6589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2014, 05:24 PM   #2
Bixby
Commander
 
Bixby's Avatar
 
Re: Bread and Circuses

No...it isn't....and his character's name was AtoZ.

(and you're right, he isn't the only actor to have a repeat appearance in TOS as a second unrelated character...

A couple of examples are Morgan Woodward as Simon Van Gelder and Captain Ronald Tracey of the Exeter. And Barry Russo as a security chief in Devil in the Dark, and Commodore Wesley of the Lexington...there are many others...
oh ok, there is Diana Muldaur who played 2 characters. Barbara Babcock. Mark Lenard as Spock's father and the Romulan Commander...You might have an easier time starting a thread talking about actors who only played ONE character during TOS...
Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2014, 07:26 PM   #3
evangelist6589
Lieutenant
 
Re: Bread and Circuses

Also the character in the Squire of Gothos whom also played in the Tribbles episode.

Bixby wrote: View Post
No...it isn't....and his character's name was AtoZ.

(and you're right, he isn't the only actor to have a repeat appearance in TOS as a second unrelated character...

A couple of examples are Morgan Woodward as Simon Van Gelder and Captain Ronald Tracey of the Exeter. And Barry Russo as a security chief in Devil in the Dark, and Commodore Wesley of the Lexington...there are many others...
oh ok, there is Diana Muldaur who played 2 characters. Barbara Babcock. Mark Lenard as Spock's father and the Romulan Commander...You might have an easier time starting a thread talking about actors who only played ONE character during TOS...
evangelist6589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2014, 07:36 PM   #4
Melakon
Admiral
 
Melakon's Avatar
 
Location: Unmarked grave
Re: Bread and Circuses

Actor Jon Lormer makes three appearances in the series.

First as Dr. Theodore Haskins, in "The Cage"/"The Menagerie I & II", then as Tamar who gets zapped by the Lawgivers in "Return of the Archons", and finally as the Old Man first encountered by the landing party in "For the World is Hollow and I have Touched the Sky".
__________________
Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard: For duty and humanity! --Men in Black (1934)
Melakon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 15 2014, 08:05 PM   #5
urbandefault
Fleet Captain
 
urbandefault's Avatar
 
Location: Lemon Wacky Hello
Re: Bread and Circuses

Skip Homeier was Melakon in Patterns of Force and Dr. Sevrin in Way to Eden (obviously).

And then there's Bartell LaRue who appeared onscreen as an announcer in both B&C and Patterns. He also voiced characters in Gothos, City, Gamesters, and Savage Curtain.

Edited to add: Ian Wolfe (Mr. Atoz) also played Septimus in B&C. So to answer the OP's question, no. Same actor, different character.
__________________
"GARY BUSEY!" - Gary Busey

Last edited by urbandefault; March 15 2014 at 08:15 PM.
urbandefault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2014, 12:47 PM   #6
Bixby
Commander
 
Bixby's Avatar
 
Re: Bread and Circuses

evangelist6589 wrote: View Post
There is a old man in this episode whom is know as Mr. Atitios in the episode All Our Yesterdays. I know its the same actor but is it the same character? Many of the Trek actors appear in more than one episode I have noted but this actor I am not sure.
So apart from many 60s actors guest-appearing more than once on Star Trek, what would cause you to think Ian Wolfe might have played the same character in these two episodes? They didn't act the same way, both lived on two different planets...heck, at the end of All our Yesterdays AtoZ ends up in the past!!

This thread is perplexing...
Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2014, 03:27 PM   #7
Grant
Fleet Captain
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Re: Bread and Circuses

Bixby wrote: View Post
evangelist6589 wrote: View Post
There is a old man in this episode whom is know as Mr. Atitios in the episode All Our Yesterdays. I know its the same actor but is it the same character? Many of the Trek actors appear in more than one episode I have noted but this actor I am not sure.
So apart from many 60s actors guest-appearing more than once on Star Trek, what would cause you to think Ian Wolfe might have played the same character in these two episodes? They didn't act the same way, both lived on two different planets...heck, at the end of All our Yesterdays AtoZ ends up in the past!!

This thread is perplexing...
It wouldn't be the first.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.