Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 9 2014, 04:54 AM   #16
Aldo
Admiral

Re: Netflix: Show Calendar?

I've lost a few movies I had sitting in my Que because they apparently expired. Kind of crappy too because I wanted to watch those movies (eventually).
Old April 1 2014, 12:53 AM   #17
Mr Light
Admiral

thanks to MC Chris:

new to netflix april 1st:
barton fink - not only one of my favorite cohen brothers movies but one of my favorite movies of all time. i took a group of friends to the fine arts theater in chicago to see it on my sixteenth birthday
death wish 1 and 2 - i really don't need to explain why these movies are awesome
the fifth element - luc besson can do no wrong. even when his movies are bad, and this is NOT an exaple of that, they stil are fun. he's always making new movies and producing. vive le work ethic!
muppets take manhattan - my third favorite muppet movie after great muppet caper and muppet movie (fuck the new movies.) this movie always triggers recollecitng traumatic event for me. i saw it alone at the liberty theater in libertville, and my mom forgot to pick me up. but the bicycle man who always drove around town on his bicycle with a bunch of flags on the back, stopped and took me inside to call my mom. i later heard he drove a bike because his wife was killed in a car crash. although that could have just been suburban myth
the running man - the skits on part sixe parts one, two and three are based on this movie, and in those skits we actually set up mc chris foreverrr!
the terminator - just a great movie, before the sequels came out this was thought of a scary as fuck movie that you were lucky to watch as a kid because it was so hard R.
last chance to watch:
sunset boulevard - one of the best movies ever made.
pet sematary - not one of the best movies ever made but still fun. so this one at the liberty theater in junior high with a bunch a friends. i miss my old theater and i'm glad it still stands. visited it last year and it smelled the same! love those old smells and the memories they trigger.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2 2014, 04:16 AM   #18
cylkoth
Commodore

Expire warnings are placed besides titles in our queues online 2 weeks ahead of the expire date. Checking the queue at least twice a month is needed to avoid ''where'd that go'' syndrome.

As for Netflix no longer providing expiring title data to third party sites like instant watcher.com & feedfliks.com, the stated alleged reason ( from the site's founders) was that NF's competitors were using those sites to track what was due to expire, and go after it, resulting in higher than previously acquired renewal fees if NF wanted to retain them.
Old April 3 2014, 08:42 AM   #19
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

I just found out that with some jiggery pokery on the PS3 i can get access to, and watch, netflix USA, and i have to say, it's a 1000 times better in content than the stuff we get on the UK version of netflix.

And now that i have seen what the US version has i could not go back to the UK content.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2014, 11:24 AM   #20
.:: TSN ::.
Lieutenant Commander

Haggis and tatties wrote: View Post
I just found out that with some jiggery pokery on the PS3 i can get access to, and watch, netflix USA, and i have to say, it's a 1000 times better in content than the stuff we get on the UK version of netflix.

And now that i have seen what the US version has i could not go back to the UK content.
Yep, you can watch any Netflix content from any area if you just know right tricks. But dont completely ignore UK-region. There have been some good movies and series that are only available in UK and not in USA.

I dont know if I would pay for Netflix if I only had access to local Nordic Netflix. And I think that Netflix knows it so even if they dont officially support region-switching, they dont really do anything to block it..
.:: TSN ::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2014, 12:03 PM   #21
shivkala
Rear Admiral

cylkoth wrote: View Post
Expire warnings are placed besides titles in our queues online 2 weeks ahead of the expire date. Checking the queue at least twice a month is needed to avoid ''where'd that go'' syndrome.
There's no more queue for instant, it's now "My List," but choosing it from the menus on top (it's listed under "Watch Instantly), will bring it up in one nice list, with a "notes" section to let you know when it'll be disappearing off instant. Likewise, if you have a DVD plan, going to the DVD queue will sometimes let you know if a title will become available for streaming in the next few weeks.

As for Netflix no longer providing expiring title data to third party sites like instant watcher.com & feedfliks.com, the stated alleged reason ( from the site's founders) was that NF's competitors were using those sites to track what was due to expire, and go after it, resulting in higher than previously acquired renewal fees if NF wanted to retain them.
From a business standpoint, I can understand that. As a consumer, it's frustrating.

I'm even more frustrated, though, that they aren't revealing upcoming titles as they used to. Reddit usually seems to get wind of it first, but the sites you listed were good sources before they made the change.

If you're on Facebook, the Netflix Facebook page reveals titles once they are added (for instance, their page yesterday trumpeted the return of Mean Girls). Beware, though, that you'll also get their holiday themed postings and when one of their original programming (such as House of Cards) becomes available, they post on that several times throughout the month.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 03:58 AM   #22
Mr Light
Admiral

Bob's Burgers Season Three was just added. 23 new episodes!

Old April 4 2014, 12:25 PM   #23
Mr Light
Admiral

The first 26 episodes of Young Justice is up now too!!!!!!!!!

All 26 episodes of Green Lantern the Animated Series.

The entire series of Batman Brave and the Bold.

They also added the second season of Adventure Time if you like that sort of thing.

Old April 6 2014, 04:59 PM   #24
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

For the UK there's netflix.maft.co and amzprime.maft.co with info for new, removed and expiring things on either service.
Old April 6 2014, 09:51 PM   #25
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

Any suggestions for Netflix Canada?

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2014, 12:14 AM   #26
cylkoth
Commodore

Timewalker wrote: View Post
Any suggestions for Netflix Canada?
For Canucks...http://netflixcanadacompletelist.blogspot.com/

This blog also features title arrivals info for the various other NF regions.
Old April 7 2014, 01:42 AM   #27
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
The first 26 episodes of Young Justice is up now too!!!!!!!!!

All 26 episodes of Green Lantern the Animated Series.

The entire series of Batman Brave and the Bold.

They also added the second season of Adventure Time if you like that sort of thing.
I knew about YJ, but not about the rest of GL or Batman: Brave and the Bold. I was annoyed last year to see that they were added, but only to a certain point. It took them a full year to add the rest. There are a few episodes of both I've been wanting to re-watch.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2014, 01:53 AM   #28
Mr Light
Admiral

they also put up the entire run of Generator Rex. I liked that show.

Old April 19 2014, 12:08 AM   #29
Mr Light
Admiral

Season Two of Venture Brothers is up. That was by far my favorite season of the show. It was never quite as good after that.

Old April 19 2014, 03:36 AM   #30
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Season Two of Venture Brothers is up. That was by far my favorite season of the show. It was never quite as good after that.
i was ready to disagree with you...but after thinking about it, yeah. you're right.