Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old February 27 2014, 11:55 AM   #1
USS Ername
Cadet

Extended soundtrack for Into Darkness?

There will be a extended soundtrack?

I really like Giacchino's work, but I think the ost falls short. I missed some themes for Admiral Marcus, USS Vengeance or the Federation. They are in the movies, but, in the ost, the didn't appear.
USS Ername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27 2014, 07:49 PM   #2
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: Extended soundtrack for Into Darkness?

USS Ername wrote: View Post
There will be a extended soundtrack?
I haven't heard anything yet about an extended soundtrack, but there are people here who follow soundtrack news more closely than I do. Maybe Indysolo or someone else who's up-to-date on this can check in.

USS Ername wrote: View Post
I really like Giacchino's work, but I think the ost falls short. I missed some themes for Admiral Marcus, USS Vengeance or the Federation. They are in the movies, but, in the ost, the didn't appear.
As I recall, there were similar complaints about the OST album for the 2009 movie, and enough noise was made about it that an extended soundtrack album was made available several months later. Limited issue, though - only four or five thousand copies were printed, and they went quickly.
The motto of the Corbettite Order seems to be Ite Animose... a Latin phrase that can be translated as "go courageously." Alternatively, it can be rendered as "boldly go," which bears a striking resemblance to a phrase heard during the opening credits of a certain popular television series.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27 2014, 10:18 PM   #3
drt
Commander

I have the extended 2009 sountrack, as I recall it wasn't announced until around April-May of 2010, so maybe we'll hear something soon.
drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2014, 06:45 PM   #4
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

I'm still holding out and hoping for a STID expanded soundtrack. I've resisted picking up the current CD to avoid a needless double dip - as I did with the ST'09 releases. Nearly caved quite a few times though, as STID is the only Trek OST I don't own.

Either way, I really hope there's a formal announcement soon.
Old March 7 2014, 03:12 PM   #5
Jeyl
Commodore

Despite Varese releasing an expanded version of Trek09's score, that release was in and of itself a pretty mixed bag. A lot of issues that were mentioned in the original release like the missing chorus in the later tracks were not rectified for the new release. Even some of the editing choices were awkward in two tracks that were seperate both in the movie and in the original album now transition into each other instantaneously. The album was still ok, it just didn't felt like a rush job that Varese thought they could hide behind an awful packaging design.
Jeyl is offline   Reply With Quote