RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,148
Posts: 5,402,130
Members: 24,749
Currently online: 597
Newest member: Legends

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Time’s Orphan
By: Michelle on Aug 30

September-October Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Lee Passes
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Trek Big Bang Figures
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 25 2014, 05:32 AM   #1
Nebusj
Rear Admiral
 
Nebusj's Avatar
 
View Nebusj's Twitter Profile
Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

Well, I got to play the new Star Trek pinball, and it's a really fun one. It's got a beautiful play field, making good use of the color-changing LEDs that made The Wizard of Oz pinball so eye-catching; the different modes are a lot of fun, particularly because one of the multi ball modes yells out ``Klingon Jackpot'' if you get it; and the play field has nice toy models of the Enterprise and the Vengeance.

And as a result of it I only just now realized why the starship in Into Darkness was named Vengeance, so, yes, that's how slow on the uptake I am. Please enjoy laughing at me.
Nebusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2014, 10:27 AM   #2
HIjol
Captain
 
HIjol's Avatar
 
Location: Currently U.A.E (a lot like Tatooine!)
Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

...OK, this is not "Star Trek" related, but I bet I gotcha beat...I spent two years of my life sure the Rolling Stones were singing "Don Shula", not "Brown Shuggah"...it was during the two year Miami Dolphin domination of the NFL...

...betcha feel LOADS better now...
__________________
"If man is to survive, he will delight in the essential differences between men and between cultures. He will learn that differences in ideas and attitudes are a part of life's exciting variety, not something to fear" Gene Roddenberry
HIjol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2014, 05:53 AM   #3
Nebusj
Rear Admiral
 
Nebusj's Avatar
 
View Nebusj's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

HIjol wrote: View Post
...betcha feel LOADS better now...
Ha ha! Yes, I do, and thank you for it.
Nebusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2014, 01:11 PM   #4
HIjol
Captain
 
HIjol's Avatar
 
Location: Currently U.A.E (a lot like Tatooine!)
Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

Happy to oblige...I still laugh at that every time I hear that song...and SO glad to hear it is not just a techno-fossil like me that still plays pinball...
__________________
"If man is to survive, he will delight in the essential differences between men and between cultures. He will learn that differences in ideas and attitudes are a part of life's exciting variety, not something to fear" Gene Roddenberry
HIjol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2014, 06:41 PM   #5
bbailey861
Admiral
 
bbailey861's Avatar
 
Location: Kingston, ON
Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

Nebusj wrote: View Post
Well, I got to play the new Star Trek pinball, and it's a really fun one. It's got a beautiful play field, making good use of the color-changing LEDs that made The Wizard of Oz pinball so eye-catching; the different modes are a lot of fun, particularly because one of the multi ball modes yells out ``Klingon Jackpot'' if you get it; and the play field has nice toy models of the Enterprise and the Vengeance.

And as a result of it I only just now realized why the starship in Into Darkness was named Vengeance, so, yes, that's how slow on the uptake I am. Please enjoy laughing at me.
Hell, I'm not laughing. I wanna play, too.
bbailey861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27 2014, 07:59 AM   #6
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bulawayo Military Krral
Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

Nebusj wrote: View Post
Well, I got to play the new Star Trek pinball, and it's a really fun one. It's got a beautiful play field, making good use of the color-changing LEDs that made The Wizard of Oz pinball so eye-catching; the different modes are a lot of fun, particularly because one of the multi ball modes yells out ``Klingon Jackpot'' if you get it; and the play field has nice toy models of the Enterprise and the Vengeance.

And as a result of it I only just now realized why the starship in Into Darkness was named Vengeance, so, yes, that's how slow on the uptake I am. Please enjoy laughing at me.
Where did you play the pinball game at?
Shaka Zulu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2014, 12:38 AM   #7
Nebusj
Rear Admiral
 
Nebusj's Avatar
 
View Nebusj's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
Where did you play the pinball game at?
Oh, that was at Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum, an arcade of a kind --- it's also got a lot of automata and mechanical gizmos, plus (apparently) P T Barnum's fake Cardiff Giant --- in Farmington Hills, Michigan (a suburb of Detroit).
Nebusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2014, 03:01 AM   #8
The Keeper
Commodore
 
The Keeper's Avatar
 
Location: Where reality ends and illusion begins
Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

Me likey.



http://screencrush.com/star-trek-pin...s-his-support/

http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/st...k-premium.aspx
__________________
The Keeper

Little known hit crime drama series on FX: The Bridge. It's crazy good!
The Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2014, 07:59 PM   #9
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bulawayo Military Krral
Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

Nebusj wrote: View Post
Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
Where did you play the pinball game at?
Oh, that was at Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum, an arcade of a kind --- it's also got a lot of automata and mechanical gizmos, plus (apparently) P T Barnum's fake Cardiff Giant --- in Farmington Hills, Michigan (a suburb of Detroit).
You Michiganders are so lucky to have this place-here in Toronto, all of our arcades are completely gone (except for some in the nearby but separate cities of Richmond Hill and Mississauga) and I'd have to go to the arcade in Mississauga to play this game, or hope that it comes to the local multiplex that has an amusement section.
Shaka Zulu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2014, 10:05 PM   #10
trekker670
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

As a Michigander, while I was aware of Pinball Pete's, I had never heard of this place. I have a new place to visit one weekend!
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2014, 06:10 AM   #11
Nebusj
Rear Admiral
 
Nebusj's Avatar
 
View Nebusj's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

trekker670 wrote: View Post
As a Michigander, while I was aware of Pinball Pete's, I had never heard of this place. I have a new place to visit one weekend!
Ooh. Ann Arbor or East Lansing Pinball Pete's?
Nebusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2014, 09:56 PM   #12
trekker670
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

Ann Arbor. Wolverine here!
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2014, 11:18 PM   #13
Nebusj
Rear Admiral
 
Nebusj's Avatar
 
View Nebusj's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

Aw, man, sorry about the flooding then.

Pinball Pete's provides the machines for the Lansing pinball league, and that's a pretty fun, low-key hangout.
Nebusj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2014, 09:56 AM   #14
CorporalClegg
Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Location: Where my heart is.
Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

Um. What's pinball?
__________________
Konnichi wa!
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2014, 11:46 AM   #15
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know
 
J. Allen's Avatar
 
Location: United States
Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Star Trek, the Pinball, and how dumb I am

There's a game you can download on Steam called "Pinball Arcade" by Williams, and in Season One of their machines, is Star Trek: The Next Generation. It is so much fun, as these machines emulate the real pinball machines from look to sound, and everything. I mean, it took me WAAAAAAAY back. You have to check it out. It's not the real thing, sure, but for those of us who are nowhere near any arcade, it's so awesome.

Here's their site: http://www.pinballarcade.com/
__________________
Visit us at Brony Kingdom!
You will never find a more precious hive of love and humility.
---------
"If you'd come today you would've reached a whole nation. Israel in 4 B.C. had no mass communication. " - Judas, Jesus Christ Superstar
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.