Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old May 27 2014, 10:46 AM   #91
Lazybear1
Cadet

Re: So I have FINALLY started watching Enterprise... love it so far!!

Yea I'm 26 and black so back in the 90's I had no unrest in trek. I only started watching the original Star Trek three weeks ago after into darkness on netflicks and was hooked got into tng after and watched the first episode broken bow
After I was hooked and enterprise is my favorite one right now... The had no plasma shields, could bearly go to mock 5 and teportation was no joke ... John archer is a fuxkin good captin and his second in command is top
Rate even though he's no Riker but it
Works cuz they learn where they go here ... The fist episode broken bow ... Man
Lazybear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2014, 10:47 AM   #92
Lazybear1
Cadet

I'm still on like season 1 episode 17 I have tng and the original going on to on netflix .... This show WAS SO underrated
Old May 27 2014, 10:50 AM   #93
Lazybear1
Cadet

Btw acrcher, Picard , and Kirk had some danm good first officers ...
Riker, Spock, Tripp
Old May 27 2014, 11:14 AM   #94
F. King Daniel
Admiral

Yanks wrote: View Post
feek61 wrote: View Post
"Twilight" was one of my favorite episodes of the series.
Mine as well.
I loved it at the time and still like it, but now all I can see is the writers' room and someone suggesting "Memento, but in spaaaaaaace!"
Old May 27 2014, 12:47 PM   #95
Yanks
Fleet Captain

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Yanks wrote: View Post
feek61 wrote: View Post
"Twilight" was one of my favorite episodes of the series.
Mine as well.
I loved it at the time and still like it, but now all I can see is the writers' room and someone suggesting "Memento, but in spaaaaaaace!"

This is the only memento I needed
Breakfast Yanks?
Old May 27 2014, 12:47 PM   #96
Trek Survivor
Captain

Four more episodes over the Bank Holiday weekend, and I am glad to say that (for me) season 3 is just going from strength to strength!

"North Star":
OK, so I loved this episode, but I am sure it's one of those that a lot of fans don't like. I like this sort of thing - a nice change of pace, something to reassure me that Trek doesn't always take itself so seriously. The western setting, gunslingers vs MACOs, Archer as the Man With No Name (kind of...) - this was all hokey fun. And it had a very nice "Star Trek-esque" message at the end, where the kids were being taught together...good stuff.

"Similitude":
This was a good one, mainly for the acting from Bakula and Billingsley. Archer and Phlox both had some great moments here, as did T'Pol (and obviously Trip). As with much of Enterprise, it takes what you think is a "typical"/well-trodden Trek/sci-fi plot and gives it a fresh twist. "You were a damn fine father"; "And you were a damn fine son". Lump in the throat. Good stuff.

"Carpenter Street":
The premise is a little dubious, but Archer/T'Pol in the past, kicking doors down and leaning on that guy from E.R is kind of appealing for some reason. I don't know if I'd call this a classic by any means, but it was entertaining to watch.

"Chosen Realm":
Enterprise has set a high bar with alien make-up on the whole, so slightly disappointing look for the religious alien race here - but the story itself: Very good. Using Enterprise as a weapon was a good plot device (though similar to that TNG episode where they lost their memories, "Conundrum"), and I thought Archer came off very well in this episode. The alien leader was suitably creepy.

So, an improvement to season 3 for me but as I've said before, even when the story itself is disappointing, I find 'Enterprise' episodes usually have something in to keep me interested.
Old May 27 2014, 01:05 PM   #97
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Trek Survivor wrote: View Post
Four more episodes over the Bank Holiday weekend, and I am glad to say that (for me) season 3 is just going from strength to strength!

"North Star":
OK, so I loved this episode, but I am sure it's one of those that a lot of fans don't like. I like this sort of thing - a nice change of pace, something to reassure me that Trek doesn't always take itself so seriously. The western setting, gunslingers vs MACOs, Archer as the Man With No Name (kind of...) - this was all hokey fun. And it had a very nice "Star Trek-esque" message at the end, where the kids were being taught together...good stuff.
A wonderful "break" from the season 3 story line. Classic trek here in my book.

"Similitude":
This was a good one, mainly for the acting from Bakula and Billingsley. Archer and Phlox both had some great moments here, as did T'Pol (and obviously Trip). As with much of Enterprise, it takes what you think is a "typical"/well-trodden Trek/sci-fi plot and gives it a fresh twist. "You were a damn fine father"; "And you were a damn fine son". Lump in the throat. Good stuff.
One of my favorites. I do wish they hadn't shown the dead trip in the beginning. This might have made the episode even more gripping (the first time). I thought the casting of young Trip's was very well done. Every one of them I thought depicted a young Trip to the tee.

"Carpenter Street":
The premise is a little dubious, but Archer/T'Pol in the past, kicking doors down and leaning on that guy from E.R is kind of appealing for some reason. I don't know if I'd call this a classic by any means, but it was entertaining to watch.
I loved this episode. Some good fun mixed in with a serious mission.

"Chosen Realm":
Enterprise has set a high bar with alien make-up on the whole, so slightly disappointing look for the religious alien race here - but the story itself: Very good. Using Enterprise as a weapon was a good plot device (though similar to that TNG episode where they lost their memories, "Conundrum"), and I thought Archer came off very well in this episode. The alien leader was suitably creepy.
Enterprises' "militant Muslim" episode. I thought this one was sone very well too.

So, an improvement to season 3 for me but as I've said before, even when the story itself is disappointing, I find 'Enterprise' episodes usually have something in to keep me interested.
Glad you are enjoying it. It only gets better!
Old May 27 2014, 01:23 PM   #98
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

North Star is very popular TrekSurvivor.. as well it should be.

You might find this video pretty great..

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2014, 01:29 PM   #99
Mutai Sho-Rin

Lazybear1 wrote: View Post
Btw acrcher, Picard , and Kirk had some danm good first officers ...
Riker, Spock, Tripp
Lazybear, you need to read the board rules and learn how to edit your own posts. Consecutive posts are usually considered spamming and subject to warnings. No problem this time but please take note.
Old May 28 2014, 08:40 AM   #100
F. King Daniel
Admiral

Also, Trip wasn't first officer of the Enterprise, that was T'Pol.

Just sayin'.
Old May 28 2014, 10:24 PM   #101
Echtzeit
Lieutenant

Enterprise was a good show, too bad it was cancelled so early. Season 1 was different from the Trek I knew before, but it didn't take long to like it, and there were some really great episodes in the first two seasons. "Carbon Creek" will forever remain my favorite ENT episode.

Season 3 was amazing. I loved the whole Xindi-storyline, though, now that I know what happened, it can get boring when you re-watch it, because the whole "what are they up to, who are they" mystery is gone. But still, it's a really good season, with similarly good episodes.

And season 4... what a joyfest. Except for that little thing they called "series finale"... *g*

If only there had been a season 5. Would have loved to see where the show was going after season 4. I heard rumors about a two- or more-parter in the Mirror Universe... THAT would have been a blast!

Edited for language barrier thingmajings
Echtzeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2014, 02:15 PM   #102
Trek Survivor
Captain

More now watched!

"Proving Ground": It was good to see Shran back, and the Andorians in general. Plenty of action, and Archer came off well in the resolution. No doubt we'll be seeing the blue-skinned fellas again soon.

"Stratagem": What an interesting idea for an episode, and good to see Archer being prepared to screw up a guy's mind in the interests of the mission. The first half of the episode, I felt, was a little flat, but when the Xindi started to question the reality of the situation and learned the "truth", things got very interesting. Also loved the "Hustle"-style twist at the end on the 'mark'. Very good.

"Harbinger": I've no objection at all too beautiful women or the T'Pol/Tucker relationship but... this was really odd. I just didn't buy how things progressed here. There was something about Blalock's acting in this one (perhaps it was intentional) that just didn't help me like this sub-plot. Unfortunately, the main (?) plot with the sphere builder also felt like a bit of a WTF for me. I liked the female MACO though, and the Hayes/Reed rivalry was brutal but fun.

"Doctor's Orders": OK, this was interesting. I predicted the twist (that T'Pol was never there) about half-way through the episode but - to Enterprise's credit - the show still kept me guessing whether I was right or wrong until the end. I like Phlox as a character, but the whole "is main character mad or not?" plot has been done so many times in Trek, this one didn't bring quite enough of a new perspective to it to feel worthwhile. Some freaky moments (Sato coming out of the show, the Xindi creature) made it a good watch though.
Old June 5 2014, 04:01 PM   #103
Mutai Sho-Rin

Pay close attention to Degra (from Stratagem). Randy Oglesby does a great job with the character.
Old June 13 2014, 01:50 PM   #104
Trek Survivor
Captain

Time for a catch-up!!:

"Hatchery": Interesting enough, though I was hoping Archer's desire to save the eggs would be borne of genuine hope that such an act would demonstrate they weren't Xindi enemies (in true Trek fashion) rather than the predictable "stuff that splatted on his face amde him act strange". I like the idea that a species could implant a maternal instinct to protect its young into another species.

"Azati Prime": Terrific! One of the best of season 3 - and maybe even the entire series? - so far. Lots of drama, lots of action, high stakes - stuff Enterprise does really well. The complete hammering the ship gets... wow. I really felt that, and seeing it so damaged at the end - great stuff.

"Damage": Another great episode. T'Pol's addiction problem was a good reveal (and of course, makes me look back at several other episodes this season and say "of course she wasn't quite herself!"). I thought the 'damage' to Archer's moral code when the Enterprise crew steal the equipment from the aliens (led by DS9's Damar!) was suitably dramatic. As Mutai Sho-Rin hinted at above, Degra is indeed turning out to be a fascinating character.

"Forgotten": Degra's character development continues apace. The handshake between him and Archer was wonderful, and very well directed (LeVar Burton and Roxann Dawson are two of the better directors for Enterprise I feel). Trip's dilemma was touching, and recalled for me an old issue of DC's 2nd comic Trek series, "Once A Hero" where Kirk also has to write such a letter.

"E2": Hmm. It has similarities with a DS9 episode, but as I am sure I mentioned in a previous post, Enterprise does a good job of "making a plot its own". In fact, besides the central conceit, this was pretty much a different story (no angst over whether the other crew would cease to exist and could 'our' crew live with that etc). Instead, we get another example of Enterprise's ability to mix action, adventure, emotion and drama into a satisfying bundle.

The last several episodes have been extremely high quality (I was slightly lukewarm on the beginning of the season). My appreciation for this fine series is tempered with frustration that (it seems) so much of fandom does not rate it at all! Enterprise is a wonderful series, a more-than-worthy addition to the Trek franchise, with fantastic plots, well drawn characters, alien races and some genuinely different takes on things. It baffles me that it isn't better thought of, and I can only assume/hope that people will gradually 'try it out' like me and it will gain greater appreciation as time goes by.
Old June 13 2014, 03:03 PM   #105
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

E2 is my favorite episode. And that's a great arc you're on right now, I envy you your first time viewing!

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote