Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Retro Review: Profit and Lace
By: Michelle on Aug 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old February 25 2014, 01:39 PM   #61
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Re: RIP Harold Ramis

JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2014, 01:56 PM   #62
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

It's a shame Murray had to be such a prima donna about everything during recent years. The guy's certainly had no problem whatsoever milking his old role and the Ghostbusters image when it's suited him (such as at a recent Scream Awards ceremony or in the movie Zombieland) so it's pretty apparent he'll embrace their old work and doesn't mind donning the old proton pack and jumpsuit. I think they'd all have eventually reunited for a third movie had Ramis lived, but Bill's ego could have continued to cause lingering problems.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25 2014, 04:02 PM   #63
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
n-universe (comic books, novels, video games, any future TV show, fan fiction) too.
Ummmm.... no. Well in any future movies and TV shows, yes, given that they can't get Ramis to play Egon. Same could go for any future games as Ramis cannot voice Egon (but they can always get another voice actor who sounds like him.) The comics also don't need Ramis to portray Egon.

The image is just a nice little homage/tribute to Ramis.

...... Showing his friends storing him in their containment unit which I'm guessing isn't a very pleasant experience. (Certainly wasn't in the cartoon.)
Old February 25 2014, 04:26 PM   #64
Trek Survivor
Captain

"Let's see what happens when we take away the puppy."

Echo what others have said - very sad news. The Ghostbusters were a huge part of my childhood.

RIP Mr. Ramis.
Old February 25 2014, 10:53 PM   #65
Davros
Fleet Admiral

He was one of the great comedy writers of our times. He will be greatly missed. His great body of work will entertain millions for many generations to come. RIP Harold Ramis.
Old February 26 2014, 02:47 AM   #66
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
It's a shame Murray had to be such a prima donna about everything during recent years. The guy's certainly had no problem whatsoever milking his old role and the Ghostbusters image when it's suited him (such as at a recent Scream Awards ceremony or in the movie Zombieland) so it's pretty apparent he'll embrace their old work and doesn't mind donning the old proton pack and jumpsuit. I think they'd all have eventually reunited for a third movie had Ramis lived, but Bill's ego could have continued to cause lingering problems.
Before Chris Farley died, there was talk of him joining GBIII. That would have been glorious.

As for Egon: They wouldn't recast him, and they *definitely* wouldn't make him a ghost. They'd just retire him, offscreen. Egon's the most likely of them to have a peaceful retirement anyway.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2014, 04:57 AM   #67
Kitty Worrier
Rear Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
n-universe (comic books, novels, video games, any future TV show, fan fiction) too.
Ummmm.... no. Well in any future movies and TV shows, yes, given that they can't get Ramis to play Egon. Same could go for any future games as Ramis cannot voice Egon (but they can always get another voice actor who sounds like him.) The comics also don't need Ramis to portray Egon.

The image is just a nice little homage/tribute to Ramis.

...... Showing his friends storing him in their containment unit which I'm guessing isn't a very pleasant experience. (Certainly wasn't in the cartoon.)
IMDB says that Maurice LaMarche played Spengler in the cartoons as well, if they ever wanted to make more.....

Very saddened by this news. I always liked Egon and he had some of the funniest lines. RIP

Last edited by Kitty Worrier; February 26 2014 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Fix spelling
Kitty Worrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2014, 05:12 AM   #68
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

The Ghostbusters were my first fandom as a kid and Egon was my favorite character. Harold Ramis played him beautifully and the world is less for his loss. At some point soon, I'll have to track down my copy of the Ghostbusters video game and give it another playthough.

RIP Harold Ramis, you shall be missed, but never forgotten.

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
LeadHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2014, 04:38 PM   #69
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

Shame that they hadn't spoken to each other since Groundhog Day, but Murray did speak out for Ramis after his passing.
Old February 26 2014, 05:15 PM   #70
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
Shame that they hadn't spoken to each other since Groundhog Day, but Murray did speak out for Ramis after his passing.
The Murray brothers actually visited Ramis at his home before he passed.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2014, 08:01 PM   #71
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

That's good to hear. Unresolved grievances always suck, but I'm sure they're even worse when played out in the public limelight.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26 2014, 11:47 PM   #72
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

I think everyone posting here will have an appreciation for this video
Old February 27 2014, 03:37 AM   #73
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

What a great video! You could see how much he loved doing his job and so very excited, not only as a creator but as a fan. Seemed to have a great heart, that man.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27 2014, 07:27 AM   #74
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Timby wrote: View Post
Where did you read that?

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 27 2014, 03:38 PM   #75
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Emh wrote: View Post
Timby wrote: View Post
Where did you read that?
Chicago Tribune.

Until his illness Ramis was out around town a fair amount, whether cheering on the Cubs and leading the occasional “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” or attending theater or appearing at fundraisers or collecting honors. When Second City celebrated its 50th anniversary in December 2009, Ramis joined “SCTV” cast members O'Hara, Levy, Martin, Flaherty, Thomas and Martin Short in a Mainstage set that proved to be the weekend's hottest ticket.

“That voice, that laugh — he was so much fun to perform with,” Short said. “We were so fortunate because it was the following May that he got sick.”

Ramis was quiet about his illness, but friends did visit, including brothers/Second City cast mates Bill Murray, from whom he'd been estranged for years, and Brian Doyle-Murray, who appeared in seven Ramis movies. Short kept in touch as well, saying he was pleased that his friend was able to attend his Just for Laughs performance in 2011. “He got up out of his wheelchair and showed me his progress,” Short said. “He was frailer in his voice but not in his spirit.”
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote