RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,668
Members: 24,821
Currently online: 425
Newest member: SB118_Laxyn

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 24 2014, 01:44 AM   #46
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

Re: NBC is reviving Heroes

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
The whole season 1 finale was the biggest letdown ever in the history of TV.

Yes I said it.
You must not have been around when Geraldo opened Al Capone's vault....That became a legendary example of TV letdown, and it was live to boot.
Old February 24 2014, 01:59 AM   #47
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

^ That was high-larious!
Old February 24 2014, 02:55 AM   #48
theenglish
Rear Admiral

Will Sylar be good or bad for this season?
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2014, 02:57 AM   #49
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

^He'll have a Gollum/Sméagol thing going on.
Old February 24 2014, 03:40 AM   #50
Mr Light
Admiral

My favorite "volume" is actually the first half of Season 3 Villains because it had an actual team of super villains with an evil mastermind, plenty of power-on-power action, Elle (right? it's been awhile), all sorts of goodies.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2014, 03:49 AM   #51
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

And then it fell apart, just like every other time it seemed to have potential. Peter also fell for the Give me a hug trick twice.
Old February 24 2014, 03:56 AM   #52
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Zachery Quinto has to be thanking God that he's no longer under contract and the show can no longer force him to come back for another three seasons.

I'm sure Ali Larter will jump at the chance to return! Though she'll likely get stuck with another awful storyline.

Heroes Season 1 was great. The beginning of the end came with the disappointing season finale, with the fight that they built up turning out to be awful. I can't blame NBC for wanting to keep the same cast that worked so well in Season 2. Maybe it was the wrong decision in hindsight but it's not like Kring did a good job with the new characters he brought it. He ultimately wanted to tell the same story over and over again and it was probably would have gotten repetitive.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2014, 04:00 AM   #53
Joel_Kirk
Commodore

Season 1 Heroes is on my 'to watch' list. (Not so much later seasons, based on what I'm hearing).
Old February 24 2014, 05:29 AM   #54
EnderAKH
Captain

SG-17 wrote: View Post
How long has this been in development? It seems like NBC is only giving it another shot because of the success of Arrow on the CW. Like stated before "Superheroes are cool again."
Yes, it is because of the 119th most watched network tv show, and not the movie franchise that has in it the third highest grossing movie of all time. Now that I think about it, that actually DOES sound like NBC logic.

Allons-y!
EnderAKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2014, 06:20 AM   #55
JD
Admiral

I'm not sure what to make of this. I actually continued to watch and enjoy the show up until about the 3 or 4th episode of Season 4, but by that point they even lost me. I honestly have to wonder what the hell they are thinking bringing this back of all of the shows. You'd think they would have to have a show that people actually like for it's entire run that they could bring back somewhere in the collection of shows they have access too.
I haven't decided yet if I"m going to check it out or not, I want to at least see some trailers or something before I make up my mind.
Old February 24 2014, 04:58 PM   #56
Morpheus 02
Commodore

i'm actually excited about it...the later seasons had potential that wasn't as good as it could be ...RObert Knepper's character was great & manipulative at the beginning, but like the Sylar "showdown" at the end of season 1...a letdown.

Hopefully they've learned form the mistakes...and have the ending written FIRST.

I hope to see Jack Cole , perhaps as the lead...he was consistently good through all 4 seasons. If Hayden has some time off from her show, she could make an appearance (if she doesn't get kidnapped by evil scientists)

With Ali Larter -- please NO MORE clones!!! I wish they would have explained Niiki's evil twin that was hiding in her...is here twin's power the ability to take over a body, and "come out" at certain times?

I wouldn't mind seeing Ando help out some heroes as well..
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2014, 04:59 PM   #57
RoJoHen
Awesome

Morpheus 02 wrote: View Post
With Ali Larter -- please NO MORE clones!!! I wish they would have explained Niiki's evil twin that was hiding in her...is here twin's power the ability to take over a body, and "come out" at certain times?
I thought she just had multiple personality disorder...
Old February 24 2014, 05:37 PM   #58
Morpheus 02
Commodore

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Morpheus 02 wrote: View Post
I thought she just had multiple personality disorder...
She had a tattoo that only appeared when the other sister was in control.
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2014, 06:07 PM   #59
DWF
Vice Admiral

Niki, Jessica and Tracy were triplets, Niki had somehow merged with Jessica and had super human strenth, Tracy on the other hand had freeezing powers and could turn herself into a water form.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2014, 06:18 PM   #60
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
The original show went from Awesome to Shit faster than anything else I've seen. While I don't doubt the ability of this new installment to be worth watching, I'm not exactly pumped about it.
IMO - spot on - the first season was very good, but it went downhill FAST from there. That said, I'll tune in and gauge the first couple of episodes to see if I feel the rest is worth a watch.
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote