RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,166
Posts: 5,344,684
Members: 24,601
Currently online: 617
Newest member: Capt_n_Admiral

TrekToday headlines

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 22 2014, 05:58 AM   #76
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Space Massachusetts
Re: Farscape sequel movie in the works!?

Didn't the miniseries cost 26 million dollars 10 years ago? I don't remember where I saw that number i thought I did. Is there anyway that a Farscape movie could make it's money back?

Hell they couldn't even get the web series made.
__________________
The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2014, 03:02 PM   #77
Sindatur
Rear Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Farscape sequel movie in the works!?

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Didn't the miniseries cost 26 million dollars 10 years ago? I don't remember where I saw that number i thought I did. Is there anyway that a Farscape movie could make it's money back?

Hell they couldn't even get the web series made.
I Googled "Farscape Peacekeeper Wars Budget" and didn't find anything, so I checked the Wikipedia Page, and nothing there either.

26 Million seems way out of line for SyFy Channel for a 4 hour time slot, to tie up a Series they cancelled for low ratings.
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2014, 03:09 PM   #78
dansigal
Commander
 
Re: Farscape sequel movie in the works!?

Sindatur wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Didn't the miniseries cost 26 million dollars 10 years ago? I don't remember where I saw that number i thought I did. Is there anyway that a Farscape movie could make it's money back?

Hell they couldn't even get the web series made.
I Googled "Farscape Peacekeeper Wars Budget" and didn't find anything, so I checked the Wikipedia Page, and nothing there either.

26 Million seems way out of line for SyFy Channel for a 4 hour time slot, to tie up a Series they cancelled for low ratings.
I agree the 26 million seems like way too large a number. That being said, SyFy did not produce the movie. If I remember correctly they were able to get independent financial support to get the movie made, and then SyFy aired it.
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2014, 06:08 PM   #79
Sindatur
Rear Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Farscape sequel movie in the works!?

dansigal wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Didn't the miniseries cost 26 million dollars 10 years ago? I don't remember where I saw that number i thought I did. Is there anyway that a Farscape movie could make it's money back?

Hell they couldn't even get the web series made.
I Googled "Farscape Peacekeeper Wars Budget" and didn't find anything, so I checked the Wikipedia Page, and nothing there either.

26 Million seems way out of line for SyFy Channel for a 4 hour time slot, to tie up a Series they cancelled for low ratings.
I agree the 26 million seems like way too large a number. That being said, SyFy did not produce the movie. If I remember correctly they were able to get independent financial support to get the movie made, and then SyFy aired it.
Sure, but, if, it cost $26M to make, that would translate into a rather large ticket price for SyFy (And anyone else Internationally) to air it, no? The folks who paid to make it, weren't just doing Fans a favor by paying for it, they did it to make money, and even at $20 a DVD, that still comes up way short of the $26M Investment
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2014, 02:51 AM   #80
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Farscape sequel movie in the works!?

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
If the story has a point, and it's a well written story, I'm all for any new Farscape.

Has D'argo ever come back from the dead in the comics and would the comics be considered canon if a film happens?
Emh wrote: View Post
I believe as far as Rockne O'Bannon is concerned, the comics are "canon," as much as Farscape has canon. I can't remember where I read that; either in an online article, an introduction to the trade paperbacks, or something Keith R. A. DeCandido said on this board or somewhere else.

Or I might be completely full of shit.
No, D'Argo never came back as far as I know.
The story on IGN reporting O'Bannon's quote said the comics would be canon. They also shared a synopsis from when news of the movie first came out.
Set to follow the awesome comics written by our favorite Keith R.A. DeCandido, the film would follow John and Aeryn’s son, D’Argo (or Little D, as we will always refer to him). Because their baby was exhibiting a set of interesting powers that made him a magnet for galactic villains, we find that John and Aeryn hide their son on Earth to grow up. Now the kid is 19 and ready to go into space with his parents.
Sounds to me like it could be fun, although I'm always a little iffy on the whole magic space baby aspect. I haven't read the comics yet (I will once I finish my current rewatch), so I'm not sure what kind of "powers" he had, if that even comes from the comics.
__________________
Over the course of many encounters and many years, I have successfully developed a standard operating procedure for dealing with big, nasty monsters. Run away. Me and Monty Python.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2014, 04:56 AM   #81
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral
 
Ar-Pharazon's Avatar
 
Re: Farscape sequel movie in the works!?

Having not read the comics, how do they even get back to Earth?
__________________
Rimmer, on what period of history to live in-
“Well, It’d be the 19th century for me, one of Napoleon’s marshals.
The chance to march across Europe with the greatest general of all time and kill Belgians” - (White Hole).
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2014, 05:03 AM   #82
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Farscape sequel movie in the works!?

I have no idea. Everything I know comes from the Farscape wiki, and that only goes up to the second or third miniseries before the ongoing for most of the characters and stuff. There are a few things from later, like I did read about where John and Aryn end up by the time the big arc that closed out the comics started. None of that ever mentioned Earth, so that might have happened either during the last arc or between it and the movie.
__________________
Over the course of many encounters and many years, I have successfully developed a standard operating procedure for dealing with big, nasty monsters. Run away. Me and Monty Python.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
farscape

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.