Quinto In The Slap
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

Burton On Shatner’s Brown Bag Wine Tasting
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

New Trek Trading Card Series
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

New Red Shirt Diaries Episode
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old February 20 2014, 09:52 AM   #16
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty
Re: Who was Future guy

♫It seems today

That all you see is Star Trek in movies, and none on TV

But where is that good ol' technobabble, on which we used to rely?

Lucky there's a Future Guy

Lucky there's a man who

Absolutely will cause

All the things that happened on Enterprise

He's! A! Future Guuuuuuuuuy!♫

I hope that answers the question.
Old February 20 2014, 04:18 PM   #17
Dukhat
Commodore

Nebusj wrote: View Post
He was the hero of the show, responsible for making sure the Enterprise and Archer were safe, intact, and in a position to take advantage of the historical opportunities as they occurred.

Note how stranding a Klingon in Oklahoma first made Archer's Enterprise launch in circumstances which forced humans and Vulcans to work together --- and gave Archer a favor the Klingons had to return to him, saving him from execution two years later. Note how Future Guy's Suliban clients saved the Enterprise from blowing up in that cosmic space storm. Or how setting off the catastrophe on that planet with the explosive atmosphere forced, ultimately, the Vulcans to swallow their reservations and endorse NX-01's mission. Consider the way Future Guy's clients explain the Xindi plot to destroy Earth just as it starts. Heck, note that when Archer gets plucked out of Suliban/Future Guy's hold in Shockwave by that idiot Daniels, it destroys the whole timeline.
And if I thought for a second that B&B had actually thought all that through the way you describe it, I'd nominate them both for genius of the year. But unfortunately they are far from being geniuses.
Old February 23 2014, 05:49 AM   #18
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy

I can't find it anywhere, but I distinctly remember an interview with Braga from years ago in which he just flat-out said he had no clue who Future Guy was. I don't know why that would surprise anyone. Planning ahead isn't something Star Trek series were ever known for.
Old February 24 2014, 07:24 PM   #19
vulcan redshirt
Lieutenant Commander

Since we know he went rogue, it would have been interesting if it had turned out to be Braxton.
vulcan redshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2014, 07:49 PM   #20
Melakon
Vice Admiral

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
I can't find it anywhere, but I distinctly remember an interview with Braga from years ago in which he just flat-out said he had no clue who Future Guy was. I don't know why that would surprise anyone. Planning ahead isn't something Star Trek series were ever known for.
Memory Alpha seems to attribute this to Rick Berman, though it doesn't indicate a source.

My current pet theory (created just 20 minutes ago) is Future Guy is an alternate universe Daniels, who exists due to one of his own screwups.
--Wee Wee Monsieur (1938)
Melakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2014, 08:58 PM   #21
TheSubCommander
Captain

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
It's answered in the novel Department of Temporal Investigations: Watching the Clock. Spoilerific click!

More recently Brannon Baga has started claiming that he was supposed to be a future version of Archer, but I'm pretty sure he's just attention whoring because that makes less than no sense. Click!

Had he not been killed off In a Mirror, Darkly, I think it would have been kinda awesome if Future Guy=Mirror Universe Archer.
TheSubCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2014, 10:10 PM   #22
Kadratis
Fleet Captain

Saul wrote: View Post
Archer kinda makes sense since Future guy disappears when Archer is taken out of his own timeline in Shockwave. In Shockwave part II it kinda foreshadows it also.
But he's seen later to warn Archer in "The Xindi."
Kadratis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2014, 11:55 PM   #23
Dale Sams
Fleet Captain

Archer was always my theory. It was the only thing that made sense to me.

What's funny is, I assumed that the events of Broken Bow was a Star Trek (2009) Gambit. To free them from continuity....and then all the creators said, "No no. It all fits"

And then a bigger mess is made when we're told that the Enterprise-NX01 was supposed to have been destroyed way before.

My biggest beef with Enterprise was most of the Vulcans being way too emotional. Plenty of actors have shown you can get everything across you want too and still be 'Vulcan'.

But I loved even Blalock's early work. There was nothing wrong with the complete poker-face she had, and I loved how she evolved.
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2014, 06:36 PM   #24
Gaith
Rear Admiral

C'mon, everyone knows Future Guy was Ron from the future.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2014, 06:57 PM   #25
Saul
Rear Admiral

Kadratis wrote: View Post
Saul wrote: View Post
Archer kinda makes sense since Future guy disappears when Archer is taken out of his own timeline in Shockwave. In Shockwave part II it kinda foreshadows it also.
But he's seen later to warn Archer in "The Xindi."
Yeah his future self warns him. His future self also saved the Enterprise from exploding in the season 1 episode 'Cold Front'.

I'm liking the idea of it being mirror universe archer too. We aren't 100% sure if he actually died in that episode.
Old March 1 2014, 06:58 PM   #26
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Dale Sams wrote: View Post
Archer was always my theory. It was the only thing that made sense to me.

What's funny is, I assumed that the events of Broken Bow was a Star Trek (2009) Gambit. To free them from continuity....and then all the creators said, "No no. It all fits"

And then a bigger mess is made when we're told that the Enterprise-NX01 was supposed to have been destroyed way before.
I think the point was, the timeline did change, but those chages led to the TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY timeline (see: "In a Mirror, Darkly" and "These Are the Voyages" which tie directly to TOS and TNG episodes) and not away from it.
Old March 2 2014, 07:40 PM   #27
Shik
Commander

Gaith wrote: View Post
C'mon, everyone knows Future Guy was Ron from the future.
No, it was Gene Ray. The Temporal Cold war was caused by the Federation's refusal to adopt the stardate, which is based on the principles of Nature's Harmonious Cubed Day.
Old March 2 2014, 10:59 PM   #28
Dale Sams
Fleet Captain

He must have been the leader of The Soulless Minions of Orthodoxy.
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2014, 01:13 AM   #29
bryce
Commodore

View bryce's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to bryce

Xzpezer wrote: View Post
Dukhat wrote: View Post
Xzpezer wrote: View Post
Okay i know this has been asked a million times by now.But seriously who was future guy. I mean they set him up to be a mystery Villain But never found out who he was.Does anyone have a clue who he was.
1. No; backpedaling aside, at the time neither Berman nor Braga knew who he was. There was some mention after the show ended that he "might have been a Romulan," but like the Archer BS, that was just spoken after the fact as a non sequitor.

2. This should have been posted in the Enterprise forum.
Who do you think future guy was i think it was probably was a Romulan
Yeah, something about his seemed Romulan - or part Romulan - to me.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2014, 03:39 PM   #30
Newspaper Taxi
Captain

I am.

As for my master plan, I'm kind of making it up as I go along. From my perspective the story's not 'done' yet so no spoilers, yet. (Though I'm assuming I win, and I eventually make a goal which I achieve.)