Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old March 6 2014, 11:35 PM   #1
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Peter Capaldi reassures autistic child

Apparently she was having a hard time grasping the change from Matt Smith to Peter Capaldi

The mom's blog entry on the meeting

http://amcherryfairy.wordpress.com/2...-little-dalek/
Old March 6 2014, 11:58 PM   #2
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

Re: Peter Capaldi reassures autistic child

Very sweet and lovely story. Class acts. And that Dalek outfit? A-DOR-ABLE! A-DOR-ABLE!
Old March 7 2014, 12:02 AM   #3
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Awwww! So sweet.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2014, 12:03 AM   #4
Mitty
Vice Admiral

Watching this and all we've seen so far just re-assures me that Capaldi is going to be simply awesome. He's obviously just the loveliest bloke, and yet he can also be Malcolm Tucker. If he can be Malcolm Tucker then he can be anyone, including possibly the best Doctor yet I can't wait to see him in action.
Old March 7 2014, 12:05 AM   #5
Random_Spock
Fleet Captain

View Random_Spock's Twitter Profile

Aww... that was really nice of him to do that .
Old March 7 2014, 04:34 AM   #6
PorthosShadow
Fleet Captain

Mitty wrote: View Post
Watching this and all we've seen so far just re-assures me that Capaldi is going to be simply awesome. He's obviously just the loveliest bloke, and yet he can also be Malcolm Tucker. If he can be Malcolm Tucker then he can be anyone, including possibly the best Doctor yet I can't wait to see him in action.
I think that is what fans are looking forward to the most, being surprised. Matt Smith was fantastic as the Doctor and mostly due his age. But Peter Capaldi has been around for a while now and brings with him so much experience that only a seasoned actor can bring. I can't wait to see what he pulls out of his Felix brand bag of magic tricks.
Old March 7 2014, 11:03 AM   #7
Starkers
Admiral

I saw this the other day, it is really lovely.

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2014, 06:58 PM   #8
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

Fantastic. And the BBC is probably giddy over the press Peter and Jenna and the crew is trending because of this. Doesn't hurt to have such tremendous actors and people at work on both sides of the camera, who are perfectly okay coming to talk to the fans. Most Doctors have been awesome at that, and it certainly counts.

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2014, 10:28 PM   #9
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

What a lovely manner he had with the kid. Makes his transformation into Malcolm Tucker all the more amazing when you see how nice he is in reality.
Old March 7 2014, 10:48 PM   #10
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Fantastic story. Brings a great big smile on this older brother of an autistic boy.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2014, 11:03 PM   #11
Green Lantern
Fleet Captain

There's not much doubt that Capaldi is probably one of the nicest actors to play the doctor, although they're all nice probably. The question is though how good (or bad) will his portrayal of the Doctor be?
Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2014, 01:15 AM   #12
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Green Lantern wrote: View Post
There's not much doubt that Capaldi is probably one of the nicest actors to play the doctor, although they're all nice probably. The question is though how good (or bad) will his portrayal of the Doctor be?
Well they say Hartnell could be a jerk on occasion. And I wouldn't have wanted to be around Tom Baker during his last few years, but otherwise you're probably right.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2014, 01:40 AM   #13
Skywalker
Admiral

That question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread (Capaldi trying to reassure an autistic child that it's okay for the Doctor to change), so why bring it up?

ETA: Unless I misinterpreted the intent of your question, such as if you meant to ask if Capaldi's Doctor would be kind or not so kind, rather than the quality or strength of Capaldi's performance. If that's the case, then I apologize.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2014, 08:40 AM   #14
Candlelight
Admiral

As a father of an autistic boy, I really like this.
Old March 9 2014, 08:05 PM   #15
Green Lantern
Fleet Captain

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Well they say Hartnell could be a jerk on occasion. And I wouldn't have wanted to be around Tom Baker during his last few years, but otherwise you're probably right.
Indeed. My thoughts exactly.
Skywalker wrote: View Post
That question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread (Capaldi trying to reassure an autistic child that it's okay for the Doctor to change), so why bring it up?

ETA: Unless I misinterpreted the intent of your question, such as if you meant to ask if Capaldi's Doctor would be kind or not so kind, rather than the quality or strength of Capaldi's performance. If that's the case, then I apologize.
No, I wasn't asking if his doctor was gonna be kind. I was saying that Capaldi himself seems like a lovely man and then asking about the strength of his acting.
Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote