CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Closed Thread

Old March 25 2014, 06:53 PM   #331
Death of Rats
Commodore

Re: list of boyfriend rules

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
It happens. I'm a bartender, and two of the most common questions I get from random customers are "So what do you really want to do for a living?" or "Do you have a real job besides this?"

Because, to them, working in a bar or restaurant doesn't count as a "real" job.
while it's actually a whole lot of real jobs: bartender, psychologist, nurse, best friend, cleaner, entertainer, diplomat, to name only a few.
Is it a bartender secret or are you allowed to tell? How do you guys manage to memorize all these hundreds of recipes? I already have trouble remembering my shopping list *blush*.

{{{Selina}}} That's why I prefer country inns to posh hotels. Far nicer clienteel.
It makes me so furious if people not only look down on others but actually don't notice them at all. They say a good waiter is invisible, but that doesn't mean I should treat him as if he or she didn't exist. Waiting on people is an art and should be respected and honoured.
Old March 25 2014, 09:52 PM   #332
teacock
Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
I've never seen or heard anyone viewing a "a waiter, a shop clerk or a cleaner" as lower than them. And when people are shits to waiters and shop clerks it's because they hate delays or they are shitty with the product, NOT because they look down on that person as lesser social rank.
It happens. I'm a bartender, and two of the most common questions I get from random customers are "So what do you really want to do for a living?" or "Do you have a real job besides this?"

Because, to them, working in a bar or restaurant doesn't count as a "real" job.
The hospitality industry is so big in Aus now that courses in it are offered in high school that give you credit to doing college courses in it. Many schools have huge kitchens set up as a part of this. A lot of my family works or has worked in hotels, restaurants, cafes and this kind of treatment would be a very rare event (and actually, only from tourists..)

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old March 25 2014, 11:03 PM   #333
Professor McGonagall
Rear Admiral

J. Allen wrote: View Post
It reminds me of this comic that has probably been seen everywhere: http://imgur.com/a/RmAjE?gallery
Fantastic comic, J. Allen!
Old March 26 2014, 03:17 AM   #334
RoJoHen
Awesome

Rhubarbodendron wrote: View Post
Is it a bartender secret or are you allowed to tell? How do you guys manage to memorize all these hundreds of recipes? I already have trouble remembering my shopping list *blush*.
The secret is repetition. You only memorize recipes by making them over and over and over and over again.
Old March 26 2014, 01:49 PM   #335
Death of Rats
Commodore

Still an admirable talent. As is most barkeepers' excellent memory for faces.
Old March 26 2014, 03:00 PM   #336
Boo! Did I Scare Ya?
Admiral

A good bartender rocks. I frequent a small English style pub here in Kingston and the staff are terrific. Low turnover, as well, so I think that also says something about the management.
Old March 27 2014, 05:48 AM   #337
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
But he decided to take a non sequitur parting shot about atheists to troll tsq even though no one mentioned atheists, because that's the kind of stuff he does when a woman has the gall to reject his sexist, entitled attitude.
The hilarious thing is that the atheist remark was so non sequitur it just left me confused -- I would never have guessed it was an attempt to troll!

Whatevs. The comic J shared is the best, and I wouldn't have seen it if not for this stupid thread.
You posted a Cracked article about how evil evil men are harrasing poor innocent women. So:

http://www.fredoneverything.net/NewWomen.shtml
Old March 27 2014, 05:56 AM   #338
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash

GalaxyX wrote: View Post
But he decided to take a non sequitur parting shot about atheists to troll tsq even though no one mentioned atheists, because that's the kind of stuff he does when a woman has the gall to reject his sexist, entitled attitude.
The hilarious thing is that the atheist remark was so non sequitur it just left me confused -- I would never have guessed it was an attempt to troll!

Whatevs. The comic J shared is the best, and I wouldn't have seen it if not for this stupid thread.
You posted a Cracked article about how evil evil men are harrasing poor innocent women. So:

Attention members of this Miscellaneous thread: This is "Exhibit A" in the mounting evidence as to why women won't give this poster the time of day. Please take note.
I think heaven is what you make it. When I close my eyes for the final time, I hope to wake up standing in a grassy, breezy, sunlit field, a green tennis ball at my feet, and a little black lab, with a white diamond on her chest, running right towards me.
Old March 27 2014, 06:04 AM   #339
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

Attention members of this Miscellaneous thread: This is "Exhibit A" in the mounting evidence as to why women won't give this poster the time of day. Please take note.
Which is why I wasn't going to bother posting anything else on this particular thread. The whole idea of this thread offends me (A laundry list that MEN have to meet *just* to have the privilege to be graced with the presence of a woman).

I would have gone guns a'blazin' if it had been in TNZ, but trying to relax it here in Misc.

As far as your view, it means nothing since you're the puppet of the accepted views here now, like the village idiot.
Old March 27 2014, 06:09 AM   #340
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash

Which is why I wasn't going to bother posting anything else on this particular thread. The whole idea of this thread offends me (A laundry list that MEN have to meet *just* to have the privilege to be graced with the presence of a woman).

I would have gone guns a'blazin' if it had been in TNZ, but trying to relax it here in Misc.

As far as your view, it means nothing since you're the puppet of the accepted views here now, like the village idiot.
You try to relax by being misogynistic and unaware of your surroundings?
I think heaven is what you make it. When I close my eyes for the final time, I hope to wake up standing in a grassy, breezy, sunlit field, a green tennis ball at my feet, and a little black lab, with a white diamond on her chest, running right towards me.
Old March 27 2014, 06:11 AM   #341
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

Your frequent misogyny is not any more appreciated in TNZ than it is here, but at least TNZ is opt-in, so you have to voluntarily make the choice to go there and deal with more rough and tumble discussion. Also, people are more free to give your posts the responses they deserve. Your sexism is not acceptable here in the open forum of Miscellaneous though, and I expect it to stop. Your posts manage to be insulting to both men and women.
I gave you a "friendly" telling you to knock off the sexist (and bigoted) rhetoric in Miscellaneous, and you chose to make a completely random trolling attack on tsq (the atheist comment) because she wouldn't tolerate your behavior, and then posted a link to a sexist blog. We have to put up with your behavior in TNZ despite finding it abhorrent there too, but it will not be tolerated here on the open part of the board.

Infraction for trolling
. Comments to PM.

Last edited by I Am Groot; March 27 2014 at 06:25 AM.
Old March 27 2014, 06:24 AM   #342
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

I guess a friendly, letting you slide on the atheist crack against tsq, and another trolling post full of more sexist rhetoric weren't enough, and you just had to push it yet again with insults? Well, okay then, now you get another infraction for flaming. Comments to PM when you get back from your brief vacation. And you better keep your views on women out of Miscellaneous from now on. I won't tell you again.

Also, the list in the OP was made by children. Perhaps try reading it before you go on one of your nonsense "men are oppressed by evil, predatory women" rants.
Old March 27 2014, 06:40 AM   #343
thestrangledcorpse
Vice Admiral

The Enterprise is my TARDIS.
Old March 27 2014, 06:54 AM   #344
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

This thread has been a mess since the start, with people choosing to use it to make offensive comments repeatedly, so I think it's about time to put it out of its misery. Closed.

eta: tsq, this has nothing to do with your post, I was going to close it anyway before you posted.