Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Closed Thread

Old March 23 2014, 02:30 PM   #286
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral

Re: list of boyfriend rules

GalaxyX wrote: View Post
Lol well don't take this the wrong way, but all a girl has to do so have sex is open her legs
You've managed to stereotype and insult women and men, all in one sentence, and you think there's a right way to take it?!
Old March 23 2014, 03:42 PM   #287
Manticore
Rear Admiral

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post

Well, I can explain, but I'm not doing it in this thread, and why have me explain when the best perspective would be from a woman? You know, the person who isn't just a pair of legs for sex?
When did I say a woman is just a pair of legs? All I meant by my post is that is extremely easy for women to have sex if they so choose to.

Unless the woman is really really unnatractive, she can pretty much solicit sex from an online trading post like Craigslist, and she will get 200+ candidates to choose from.

A guy has to work at being way above average to get a chance, and most women expect a lot from a guy, physically, mentally and financially to allow that man to have sex with her.

Well, I suppose it's easy for a guy to get layed too if he pays for sex.
Your frequent misogyny is not any more appreciated in TNZ than it is here, but at least TNZ is opt-in, so you have to voluntarily make the choice to go there and deal with more rough and tumble discussion. Also, people are more free to give your posts the responses they deserve. Your sexism is not acceptable here in the open forum of Miscellaneous though, and I expect it to stop. Your posts manage to be insulting to both men and women.
I knew there was a reason I liked you.
Old March 23 2014, 07:08 PM   #288
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

I know it's dangerous territory, as it were, for me (and any other woman) to talk about sex on a forum -- developments like this aren't unexpected. But they should be.

I also know that a lot of men have a problem with women talking about sex, sometimes for idealistic or misogynistic reasons, but usually just because they're not used to it. Lines between fun conversation or flirty banter and being rude and creepy can be difficult to navigate, so I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. But giving people the benefit of the doubt is getting harder to do with each passing year.

GalaxyX, if you need a woman to tell you how wrong you are about women, here you go: you are very, very wrong. And my patience for this shit is waning.

View my art!
Old March 24 2014, 12:41 AM   #289
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

GalaxyX, if you need a woman to tell you how wrong you are about women, here you go: you are very, very wrong. And my patience for this shit is waning.
So much for being a tolerant atheist.
Old March 24 2014, 12:53 AM   #290
{ Emilia }
Rear Admiral

So much for being a tolerant atheist.
Could you elaborate please? I must be missing something.
Old March 24 2014, 01:10 AM   #291
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

I'm baffled. What on earth does atheism have to do with this?

View my art!
Old March 24 2014, 01:14 AM   #292
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Apaz the godless are supposed to accept that men are animals.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old March 24 2014, 01:26 AM   #293
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

I can't even...I'm trying...what's the logic here?

A. Men are animals.
B. Therefore they are expected to be ignorant misogynist shits.

C. Atheists recognize that men are animals.
D. Therefore atheists must tolerate ignorant misogynist shit.

E. I do not tolerate ignorant misogynist shit.
F. Therefore, I am not an atheist.

Did I get that right?

View my art!
Old March 24 2014, 01:29 AM   #294
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

You left out evolution.

BUT! Otherwise you get an A. A for Atheist. Now make Galaxy X a sammich!

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old March 24 2014, 01:31 AM   #295
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

One day all the Nice Guys are going to drive me to a total psychotic breakdown and I'm going to go on a violent killing spree targeting only evolutionary psychologists whose work focuses on the differences between the sexes.

View my art!
Old March 24 2014, 01:33 AM   #296
Clark Terrell
Lieutenant Commander

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Nothing beats the list I saw on another forum where this woman had over 200 particular points she was looking for in a potential boyfriend. These weren't "nice to have," they were absolute requirements. It was down to things like what kind of jeans he wore, how much he weighed, allowable skin blemishes, acceptable hairstyles, etc. I found it a bit worrisome that someone would create such a list in the first place. Someone like that is either going to die alone or have to seriously adjust their expectations.
I used to know someone like that. Her list wasn't two hundred items long, but she had specific criteria that I'm sure most men don't meet. For instance, I know plenty of women who prefer taller men, but this woman wanted someone who was a certain number of inches taller than her when she was wearing high heels (she's 5'9" barefoot). That one criterion alone knocked out most of the world's male population.
Old March 24 2014, 01:43 AM   #297
J. Allen
Easily Influenced By Friends

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
One day all the Nice Guys are going to drive me to a total psychotic breakdown and I'm going to go on a violent killing spree targeting only evolutionary psychologists whose work focuses on the differences between the sexes.
It reminds me of this comic that has probably been seen everywhere: http://imgur.com/a/RmAjE?gallery

I love that comic, because it makes sense. There are nice guys, and then there are The Nice Guys. The ones who expect to be "rewarded" for being Nice Guys, and it's the kind of thing that pisses me off.
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
Old March 24 2014, 01:57 AM   #298
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
tsq: Time to...

(puts on sunglasses)

...finish LAST.

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
Old March 24 2014, 09:06 AM   #299
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

TSQ, I can sympathize. On equal pay day (last Friday) a male colleague lectured me for 45 minutes on why women block their own equal rights by not being solidaric. I could have murdered the idiot. So far I can control myself but the instant he tells me women get raped "because they ask for it" I'll get my dirtiest and bluntest scalpel out of the drawer and castrate him.

I am in doubt if GalaxyX really meant his comment in earnest. I think it was more a tongue-in-cheek statement that derailed a little. Men are pickier than one might think and there surely are a lot of not-so-handsome women who can behave as inviting as they like and yet never find a partner. And the same goes for some men.

I can only speak for myself but I would consider too obvious an offer actually a turnoff. I can't really explain why. It's just a - what's the expression again? - a gut feeling, instinct, something I can't quite pinpoint and analyze. My best guess is that it's a subconscious comparism with the behaviour of a prostitute.
Old March 24 2014, 09:31 AM   #300
J. Allen
Easily Influenced By Friends

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Rhubarbodendron wrote: View Post
TSQ, I can sympathize. On equal pay day (last Friday) a male colleague lectured me for 45 minutes on why women block their own equal rights by not being solidaric. I could have murdered the idiot. So far I can control myself but the instant he tells me women get raped "because they ask for it" I'll get my dirtiest and bluntest scalpel out of the drawer and castrate him.

I am in doubt if GalaxyX really meant his comment in earnest. I think it was more a tongue-in-cheek statement that derailed a little. Men are pickier than one might think and there surely are a lot of not-so-handsome women who can behave as inviting as they like and yet never find a partner. And the same goes for some men.

I can only speak for myself but I would consider too obvious an offer actually a turnoff. I can't really explain why. It's just a - what's the expression again? - a gut feeling, instinct, something I can't quite pinpoint and analyze. My best guess is that it's a subconscious comparism with the behaviour of a prostitute.
No, he meant it. A number of us have had this conversation, and similar conversations, with him before.

It all comes down to personal preference. The heart wants what it wants. You mention "not-so-handsome" women, but I don't see it that way. As cliche as it has sounded all these years, beauty really and truly is in the eye of the beholder.

I remember, back in high school, liking a particular girl. She was intelligent, witty, and sadistically funny. Her sense of humor was off-beat, and I loved that about her. I was smitten, so smitten, and I had talked to a friend about asking her out. His response? "Her? She's weird! Why would you want to ask her out? Ew!"

Same woman, two totally different perspectives. That's why stereotyping is a terrible thing. Get 9 men in the same room, and you'll find 10 different opinions on what constitutes beauty and attraction. The same for women. Stereotypes just make people feel worse, and GalaxyX should know better by now.
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
Closed Thread