Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old June 30 2014, 06:27 PM   #466
Borjis
Commodore

Re: Season SIX OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
I will send you a PM when it happens to remind you, but I'll insist to have it gift-wrapped.

Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but looking again at another "Timescape" VFX screencap I have to wonder: Are we looking at an incredibly small Romulan warbird or has the size of the Runabout shuttle increased because of some strange "exotic" phenomenon?

Bob

Looks like some guess work on the resizing of elements to perspective / scale.
Borjis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30 2014, 06:31 PM   #467
trekker670
Fleet Captain

Wow, what's wrong with the saucer section in that screencap? Is that just a bad capture with motion blur?
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30 2014, 06:35 PM   #468
DarkHorizon
Captain

trekker670 wrote: View Post
Wow, what's wrong with the saucer section in that screencap? Is that just a bad capture with motion blur?
It's the damage that it suffers in the episode, I think.
Old June 30 2014, 07:00 PM   #469
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

So I get that the ship is supposed to be scorched on the saucer, yet in the very next establishing shot after the Warbird vanishes, the green burn marks are gone. That confused me as a kid. It's not like the shooting never happened, because one of the bridge consoles in the background stayed scorched after everything was 'restored'.

So the green burn marks are gone entirely in the remaster. It's for the best I guess, because it removes a continuity error which has bugged me for decades.
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30 2014, 11:17 PM   #470
USS KG5
Vice Admiral

Admiral Bear wrote: View Post
USS KG5 wrote: View Post
Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
^^ Dr. Bashir, I presume. Well, I'd think it's fair to mention that unlike several other Star Trek actors he made quite a respectable career in Hollywood after DS9, starring in several major films.

Bob
Yeah he was in "Kingdom of Heaven" as well heheheh... still he was good in that.

Also he showed up in 24, and an episode of Spooks (MI5 for you colonials).
Was also in Syriana opposite George Clooney a few years back.
Oh was he? Got that in a (large) to watch pile, might have to move it up a bit.
Old July 1 2014, 04:49 AM   #471
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

The Chain of Command commentary was an excellent listen. You get to know Jonathan West, you get to know Ronny Cox, and the Okudas are always there to share relevant information, keep the topic lively and informative, and generally know every aspect of the production. It was also really cool to dive into the mind of Natalia Nogulich, and see where Nechayev came from. Definitely worth the price of admission.
Old July 1 2014, 05:54 AM   #472
Ru ru, chu
Fleet Admiral

View Ru ru, chu's Twitter Profile

I noticed that the S6 blu-ray set is apparently no longer available. Amazon.com says it would take 1-4 weeks for it to be delivered. Why is it in such short supply? Was there not enough demand to make more?
Old July 1 2014, 06:38 AM   #473
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
I noticed that the S6 blu-ray set is apparently no longer available. Amazon.com says it would take 1-4 weeks for it to be delivered. Why is it in such short supply? Was there not enough demand to make more?
It's also $117. Who would want to buy that?
Old July 1 2014, 06:57 AM   #474
KaineMorrison
Lieutenant Commander

View KaineMorrison's Twitter Profile

jimbotron wrote: View Post
It's also $117. Who would want to buy that?
My local Best Buy and Target have a few copies still. They are $69.99 in the store.
Wal*Mart is selling them for $116.99 and they will not Price Match without a Flyer in hand.
KaineMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2014, 07:09 AM   #475
Reeborg
Commander

All the "Niners" were too eager to get season 6, also in order to show the potential of DS9-BDs. I guess season 6 will be (at least) the second best sold season of TNG.
Reeborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2014, 07:12 AM   #476
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

Reeborg wrote: View Post
All the "Niners" were too eager to get season 6, also in order to show the potential of DS9-BDs. I guess season 6 will be (at least) the second best sold season of TNG.
That'd be nice. If sales spike because of the DS9 angle, then hopefully CBS notices.
Old July 1 2014, 07:20 AM   #477
Ru ru, chu
Fleet Admiral

View Ru ru, chu's Twitter Profile

Reeborg wrote: View Post
Our Best Buy doesn't have it. But at least it's still available on Amazon.ca.
Old July 1 2014, 10:33 AM   #478
mr.peany
Fleet Captain

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mr.peany

Really not a fan of the soft focus photography they seemed to be in favour of for any of scene not set aboard the Enterprise. It's seemingly add a whole lot of noise which is considerably more noticeable in HD.
http://unoland.myminicity.com/
mr.peany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1 2014, 11:32 AM   #479
GNDN
Commodore

Just watched deleted scenes for Rightful Heir. There are a bunch, and many moments are actually pretty good as far as story and performance.

I usually treat deleted scenes as a curiosity to be slogged through once or twice and then forgotten. I do like how TNG HD has the scenes bookended by the moments from the show preceding and following the scene, but it occurred to me the lost opportunity to simply include the scenes as a branching option on the blu-ray within the ep itself, resulting in something similar to the extended Measure of a Man

I feel this option would more fully utilize the capabilities of the blu-ray medium, and make it more likely that I'd watch the scenes more than once. Technically, I wouldn't expect them to do anything more with the scenes than they already have as far as visual and audio is concerned, but as it stands, I really don't see myself bothering to watch the isolated scenes again.

I'm sure some enterprising fan(s) will eventually do the edits themselves, but for the somewhat pricey cost of admission for these sets, it's too bad the scenes could not be optionally integrated into the episode at large.

Meanwhile... Birthright, Part I...

NEED DEEP SPACE NINE ON BLU-RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 1 2014, 04:19 PM   #480
depp91
Ensign

I'm so looking forward to getting this the day after tomorrow when it will be released here in Germany

Meanwhile, someone over at cinefacts.de claimed that the deleted scene for Relics is provided in SD only, can anyone please disprove this?
depp91 is offline   Reply With Quote