Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old June 24 2014, 08:48 PM   #391
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Season SIX OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Makarov wrote: View Post
Is it possible they just haven't scanned them in yet? My stores are all showing unavailable too, but I never had trouble finding the past seasons. Maybe I'll just go to the store and hope its on the shelf somewhere.
Possible. But it is pretty late in the day to not have scanned them in. I'll peek again tomorrow at the Best Buy website.
Old June 24 2014, 09:16 PM   #392
BriGuy
Rear Admiral

When I checked Best Buy availability this morning, it was marked as unavailable at my nearby store, too. But I went anyway, and there were two - just two.

Availability of these has always been poor in-store, despite being promoted in the weekly ad.

This morning it was marked available at a couple of the 10 stores that come up in my search area. Now, late this afternoon, it's "unavailable" at all of them.

Last edited by BriGuy; June 24 2014 at 09:54 PM.
BriGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2014, 10:08 PM   #393
Borjis
Commodore

Makarov wrote: View Post
Is it possible they just haven't scanned them in yet? My stores are all showing unavailable too, but I never had trouble finding the past seasons. Maybe I'll just go to the store and hope its on the shelf somewhere.
haha, every time I've done that they were not in stock.

Target & Best Buy have great inventory tracking via their sites.
usually spot on accurate.
Borjis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2014, 10:39 PM   #394
Makarov
Commander

Well I went and I was able to find Chain of Command, they had two copies out, even though it was unavailable online. But the s6 set was not there, probably sold out this morning. Went ahead and just ordered it on amazon. GET IT DONE!
Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2014, 11:13 PM   #395
Doug Otte
Fleet Captain

Has Amazon changed its policy?

I'm going to contact them anyway.

Oops. I tried to insert an image from their website. Here's the text:
"Amazon.com will price match eligible purchases of televisions and cell phones with select other retailers, including those who sell their items on our website. For all other items, Amazon.com doesn't offer price matching."
Doug Otte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2014, 11:17 PM   #396
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

Doug Otte wrote: View Post
Has Amazon changed its policy?

I'm going to contact them anyway.

Oops. I tried to insert an image from their website. Here's the text:
"Amazon.com will price match eligible purchases of televisions and cell phones with select other retailers, including those who sell their items on our website. For all other items, Amazon.com doesn't offer price matching."
That's referring to price matching, not their pre-order price guarantee, which is always in effect.
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2014, 01:04 AM   #397
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Well that was fast. I sent them an email this afternoon and the refund has already been processed!
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2014, 02:15 AM   #398
dg1379
Commander

Looks like I got my refund as well.

Also, while watching Times Arrow p2, I noticed a very thin wire coming from the back of Data's head while Geordi was removing the iron filing. It's brief and at first, I thought it was a long hair stuck to the file until I followed it down Data's back. Pretty cool.
dg1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2014, 09:45 AM   #399
Admiral Bear
Captain

Tosk wrote: View Post
ChristopherPike wrote: View Post
"Sons and Daughters", a DS9 episode involving a Klingon knifing another was edited once. Unless that was a US TV Network decision. Might've been both. The episode cut to begin with, and then cut again by a whole different set of authorities, before VHS/DVD.
Sons and Daughters and To The Death are both cut in the UK compared to the US. The former a fair chunk, the latter very little.
If memory serves, Sons and Daughters had 27 seconds cut for UK release. That and the removal of the neck break from To The Death, which the BBFC still slapped a 15 cert on, was more than enough reason to get the DS9 DVD sets from the US.

There also a sizeable paragraph in Terry Erdmanns' DS9 Episode Companion about the treatment To The Death received at the hands of US TV companies. Can't remember if LeVar said he had to cut a load out at the behest of Paramount or for US TV.
Admiral Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2014, 02:12 PM   #400
Doug Otte
Fleet Captain

Savage Dragon wrote: View Post
Well that was fast. I sent them an email this afternoon and the refund has already been processed!
Hmmm. They refused mine. I guess I'll be returning it to Amazon and buying from Best Buy instead. Even with paying tax to BB, and paying for return postage to Amazon, it's still cheaper.

I used to be an Amazon cheerleader, but recent events have made me change my tune.
Old June 25 2014, 02:43 PM   #401
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

That's strange. When did you pre-order it?
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2014, 03:41 PM   #402
MakeshiftPython
Captain

That is odd. Every time I pre-order a set (in this case, it was $74.79) I initially get charged that very amount once they ship the item. Few days later I get a notice informing me that my refund/savings is being processed. I never had to ask customer service for it, and they never forgot to give me that savings.
MakeshiftPython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2014, 04:43 PM   #403
HGN2001
Commander

Anyone else excited about getting the finale to "Time's Arrow?" I've held off watching the first part on the Season Five set and sort of regret that they didn't do a two-hour version like other season-enders.

But I understand that the "Unification" duo was deemed more important given the Spock connection. What's interesting about that is that the two parts of "Unification" play really well as two individual stories. The first part is the discovery of the Spock connection on Romulus and getting there. The second part is the real story with Spock in the mix.

"Time's Arrow" on the other hand is more of a continuous story that needs both parts for resolution. That's my feeling anyway. I'm not going to lose any sleep over any of this, for sure.

I did a late Amazon order of Season 6 (Sunday, I think) after the confirmation of their price-drop. With Prime, I might be getting it today. Last I checked it was at my post office and "Out For Delivery", so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Harry
HGN2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2014, 05:09 PM   #404
Borjis
Commodore

^^hell ya, I love Time's Arrow and the Mark Twain that actor evokes.
Borjis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2014, 05:47 PM   #405
Doug Otte
Fleet Captain

Savage Dragon wrote: View Post
That's strange. When did you pre-order it?
A few months ago.

MakeshiftPython wrote: View Post
That is odd. Every time I pre-order a set (in this case, it was $74.79) I initially get charged that very amount once they ship the item. Few days later I get a notice informing me that my refund/savings is being processed. I never had to ask customer service for it, and they never forgot to give me that savings.
Yes, that's the way it usually works for me, too. Maybe I didn't wait long enough.

Anyway, I wrote back and the same CSR agreed to "make things right" and credit me for the difference. She didn't acknowledge whether she originally made a mistake, or whether Amazon's policy has changed or is changing.

I'm happy for now, but when Season 7 rolls around I'll be much more cautious and not order until the price is lowered.