To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old February 9 2014, 03:31 AM   #1
tmosler
Lieutenant Commander

will there be a new star trek game for 50th anniversary?

After the commercial failure of the last star trek game and after playing great star trek games such as bridge commander and recently elite force i am really wanting a good star trek game to be made with modern graphics. So i was wondering just as we got the critically acclaimed star trek trek 25th anniversary for star treks 25th anniversary does anybody think its possible we could see another star trek game released in 2015?
tmosler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2014, 05:59 PM   #2
Runetouch
Lieutenant Commander

Re: will there be a new star trek game for 50th anniversary?

I certainly hope so.
Runetouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2014, 06:37 PM   #3
Roddenberry
Lieutenant Commander

I hope they go retro, point & click games for all series please. 10 Chapters for each of the live action shows, 5 unlockable animated series mini games.

Example Chapters
TOS: It was green.

You need to find Scotty and sober him up in time, by using the correct 'hair of the dog' cocktail.

TNG: Make It Go

Trapped on a planet with some Pakleds and a beautiful woman, can Geordi find the parts needed to get off world and get a first date?

DS9: Quark's Elite.

In deep trouble with the FCC, can Quark trade his way to getting Brunt off hid back.

Voy: Dead Again.

Harry Kim is dead, again, you need to search the multiverse to find a suitable replacement.

Enterprise: Menagerie a Troi

Phlox's mini zoo has escaped and they are playing havoc with the current owner of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx and heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed. Can Porthos and Phlos wrangle the livestock back in time to save face?
Roddenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 02:44 PM   #4
Cascades
Ensign

I could see that as a likely possibility. It would probably coincide with the movie though. After the failure of the last game they might hand over the project to a different company or maybe not make it a FPS and instead a space sim. or something like that. Could be cool
Cascades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 02:51 PM   #5
bbjeg
Vice Admiral

I hope they combine Star Trek Legacy, Star Trek Bridge Commander, Star Trek Armada, and Star Trek: Voyager: Elite Force (their first person shooter was the only one I could stomach) and make the perfect Star Trek game. Done by Bethesda of course, a single player game with multi-player options.
bbjeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17 2014, 05:44 PM   #6
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

I doubt it, unfortunately. The last Trek game had a lot of money pumped into it and failed miserably. I wouldn't be willing to spend on a new game after that, and I'm a die-hard superfan!

A most, we'll get something cheap and downloadable like Star Trek DAC tying in to the next movie.
Old February 17 2014, 06:35 PM   #7
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

I wouldn't hold my breath!
Old February 17 2014, 08:04 PM   #8
daedalus5

They need to do something low cost and multi platform. Something like 25th anniversary or A Final Unity that would work on tablets, pcs and game consoles. Get some of the TV writers to pen episodes and make you care like The Walking Dead from Telltale.
Old February 18 2014, 01:09 AM   #9
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

daedalus5 wrote: View Post
They need to do something low cost and multi platform. Something like 25th anniversary....
How about a 25th Anniversary Edition of the 25th Anniversary game? Same game, but with the graphics updated as much as possible while leaving them the same on all platforms, and an option to play through the adventure in Prime Trek or Nu Trek modes.
Old February 18 2014, 03:47 AM   #10
JeBuS
Lieutenant Commander

I vote for a combination of daedalus5's idea and Triumphant's idea. I've played both TWD from Telltale and the 25th, and it'd be awesome to have a Trek combo of those.
JeBuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2014, 06:19 PM   #11
daedalus5

I just need something!

Its pretty depressing thinking back to the mid-90's to early 00's hey day of gaming vs the current sad state of affairs.

Even if someone could go back and get all the old games working under Windows 7 properly!
Old March 2 2014, 06:25 PM   #12
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

^^We did not realise just how good we had it then.

I wish the GOG team could get access to the older ST games, they do such a good job of getting old pc games to work perfectly on a moden pc, i just bought Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2 from them and they are simply fantastic, work flawlessly on my W7.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2014, 09:06 PM   #13
Caretaker
Commodore

View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker

Does anyone know who holds the computer and video game license now?

I'd like to see some of the older games (Birth of the Federation, 25th Anniversary, A Final Unity, just as examples) remade to play on current systems - similar to what LucasArts did with The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition.

That being said, my Holy Grail is Secret of Vulcan Fury. If they could get D.C. Fontana to rewrite the script for the alternate reality, they could use Spock Prime in the game and use the original voice recordings as him remembering participating in those events in the prime reality.
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2014, 02:47 AM   #14
soapp
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Id really love to see a great Star Trek game, but when you see movie license games or the travesty called 'star trek trexels' ... I'm not holding my breath, seems like it's a cash in more then something for the fans.

I don't think Roddenberrywould have approved Trexels.
soapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6 2014, 03:04 PM   #15
StalwartUK
Commander

Haggis and tatties wrote: View Post
^^We did not realise just how good we had it then.

I wish the GOG team could get access to the older ST games, they do such a good job of getting old pc games to work perfectly on a moden pc, i just bought Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2 from them and they are simply fantastic, work flawlessly on my W7.
Would love to see that happen, but I have a feeling that trying to negotiate with the original publishers/developers (some of which are no longer in business) would be a nightmare from a legal perspective. Then of course they would have to OK it all with CBS who might not bother or just put it out of their price range.