Quinto To Guest Star On HBO Comedy
By: T'Bonz on Feb 25

Wheaton To Voice Firefly Game
By: T'Bonz on Feb 24

Nimoy Health Scare
By: T'Bonz on Feb 24

Star Trek #42 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Feb 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old February 20 2015, 04:10 AM   #1
Mr Light
Admiral

View Mr Light's Twitter Profile
Two and a Half Men Finale

I thought the last episode was really great. I am

The only real complaint I have about the show is they got WAY too meta with their jokes, right down to the actors looking at the camera. They pretty much broke the reality of the show... though it was funny when the cop was commenting on their history. I know, this isn't a show to be expecting realism from

Unfortunately my DVR cut off at the last second. Did anything happen after the spoiler hit the spoiler?
Old February 20 2015, 08:24 AM   #2
Aldo
Admiral

Re: Two and a Half Men Finale

I thought the show being meta was the best part of the finale!

It's like I told a friend "If the show was always this meta, I might have watched it more often.
Old February 20 2015, 12:45 PM   #3
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Unfortunately my DVR cut off at the last second. Did anything happen after the spoiler hit the spoiler?
You obviously saw the piano ...

Old February 20 2015, 01:10 PM   #4
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

"Has he thought about taking Anger Management?"

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2015, 02:20 PM   #5
Forbin
Admiral

"Yeah, but it didn't work out"

Detective Vagner. "Not Vagner, Vagner! W-a-g-n.."
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2015, 02:40 PM   #6
Let the Good Times Roll!!

Well, my wife and I watched the show from the beginning, and we both thought the finale was awful.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'. - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2015, 04:18 PM   #7
RPOW0614
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I was a good, not great, ending. They tied up all of the loose ends. The "Breaking the fourth wall" moments were obvious but funny. I liked Charlie on the show but he was a huge jerk to Chuck Lorre publicly. For Chuck to take a minute for revenge was understandable. It was a fun ride. Always loved Rose, glad she had a role in this. The card Chuck puts up at the end of every show explained Charlies absence.
Old February 20 2015, 05:27 PM   #8
Forbin
Admiral

What did it say?

EDIT: NM, googled it.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2015, 09:42 PM   #9
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

It sounded completely horrible, which is the perfect ending for the show.
Old February 20 2015, 09:51 PM   #10
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
You obviously saw the piano ...

This was a bad ending on so many levels, just because of the childish behaviour of the producer. In a couple of years, when you watch re-runs of the show and totally forgot about what that "winning" stuff was all about, it makes no sense whatsoever.

I like the idea of breaking the 4th wall in the finale, but not like that.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2015, 10:03 PM   #11
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

It is a couple years later and no one remembers or cares what winning was.

Anger Management was a massive success since it was a syndication bitch. They needed 100 episodes for syndication and got 100 episodes in 2 years, as if the show was a factory and then stopped by design. Mission accomplished.

Was the boy not in this episode?

They couldn't afford the kid, or was the kid some minor dipshit's brainchild that had to take a back seat after Chuck came back from a 2 year holiday (Similar to Berman's return to the final of Enterprise.)?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 20 2015, 10:07 PM   #12
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

Well.. i liked the show most of the time, even the switch over to Ashton Kutcher and the new stories it made possible (even though the lesbian unknown daughter character bombed).

It was a fun 22 minutes a week with or without Sheen but especially in his last season you could visually see his deterioration and it shocked me.

We all know what happened during that time and one should be sorry for Sheen but at the same time it was entertaining as hell.. i still want to see a movie about Vatican Assassin Warlocks!

The finale was so so.. it was 45 minutes of making fun about the show itself, a proof that everybody was well aware of the criticisms (and maybe shared them in private but who's gonna kill the golden goose that feeds you this well?) but at some point it just became tiresome and not all that funny.

It seemed like everybody just went "Fuck it!" and let loose.

The end though i felt was petty and childish which shows that even as a mature adult you're not immune to it.

Well.. the show had a good run so here's my raised glass to many laughs and hours of entertainment! Good bye.
Old February 21 2015, 12:45 AM   #13
Mr Light
Admiral

View Mr Light's Twitter Profile

I'm glad I missed Chuck Lorre appearing then I think the piano falling on Charlie and that's it being a better ending.

Here's another thought. Even if you couldn't get Charlie back, couldn't they legally use audio clips from his 8.5 seasons to create him talking off-screen?
Old February 21 2015, 12:50 AM   #14
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

I'm glad I missed Chuck Lorre appearing then I think the piano falling on Charlie and that's it being a better ending.

Here's another thought. Even if you couldn't get Charlie back, couldn't they legally use audio clips from his 8.5 seasons to create him talking off-screen?
I guess since it belongs to the show during the time he was working there. I'm no lawyer but then all the flashbacks in all the shows showing characters/actors that have left the show would be impossible (or at least expensive if they had to pay the actor again even if they didn't do any work).

However i also expected at least some audio when he was in the pit but apparently Lorre was in full on revenge mode after Sheen turned them down for the finale so this got done they way it was done.
Old February 21 2015, 01:40 AM   #15
Caretaker
Commodore

View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker

I pretty much agree with 1001001's thoughts about this. I went into watching thinking that either Charlie Sheen or Chuck Lorre would be the bigger man, and in the end - neither was. The final scene with the piano doesn't make much sense, but I guess Lorre didn't really care. I appreciate some subtle breaking the fourth wall and self-referential jokes, but this was too heavy handed.

Loved the cameos and guest appearances, and the focus on most of the important women in the lives of Alan, Charlie and Walden. I had been wondering if we would see Judy Greer appearing again, so that was a pleasant surprise.

I can only imagine what would happen if The Big Bang Theory tried a series finale like this. There would be rioting in the streets. Lesson: Don't piss off Chuck Lorre.
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote