Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Closed Thread

Old February 4 2014, 04:38 AM   #16
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Re: Enter: Sf/f av contest:Hammer Time

Peter Cushing is always a great entry. Really, as Hammer's Frankenstein movies progress, it is the doctor who is far more the monster than any of his creations. He proceeds through his experiments with increasing callous disregard for morality, ethics, or consequences to anyone around in order to accomplish his goals. Cushing was an awesome Doctor Frankenstein.

This little article is a good tour of the good doctor's journey to villain and why Cushing stands out far more than any of the doctor's creations ever did at Hammer. The Hammer films became more about the lengths the baron would go to conduct his experiments rather than the beastie itself. http://www.totalcults.com/2011/11/fr...from-hell.html
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched

Last edited by Gov Kodos; February 4 2014 at 04:57 AM.
Old February 4 2014, 05:20 AM   #17
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Allow me a moment to go off topic, and say that Scott Brick's reading of the original Frankenstein Novel on Audiobook, is a truly memorable experience I had no idea the Book was so different from the B/W Versions I saw as a child.

Scott has a Dynamic voice, that delivers many different and distinct sounding characters as well as Jim Dale and Stephen Frye do the Harry Potter Audiobooks

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Old February 4 2014, 07:41 AM   #18
Gov Kodos
Admiral

That sounds good. Also, you can find radio show versions of Frankenstein and such online. The sound quality of the recordings isn't always the best, but the stories are often great fun. There are some fun shows here http://www.radiolovers.com/ and here http://www.oldradioworld.com/ and one more http://www.relicradio.com/otr/
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Old February 4 2014, 07:33 PM   #19
Santa Riker
Commodore

"Fanwankery is what 21st century pop entertainment's all about."
cooleddie74

Old February 5 2014, 01:06 AM   #20
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Nice! Go Gorgo!
Old February 5 2014, 06:04 AM   #21
Santa Klaus
Rear Admiral

View Santa Klaus's Twitter Profile

^^I remember watching Gorgo with my Dad one afternoon and we were rooting for him, though a bit mad that he knocked Big Ben over.

Here's a grabber from Night of the Demon, 1957:

Old February 6 2014, 01:26 AM   #22
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Entry time is done. The voting starts here: http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=237322
Closed Thread