RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,381
Posts: 5,357,179
Members: 24,628
Currently online: 517
Newest member: suryaprabu02

TrekToday headlines

The Gene Roddenberry Project Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Moore: No Deep Space Nine Regrets
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 4 2014, 01:12 PM   #76
urbandefault
Captain
 
urbandefault's Avatar
 
Location: Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie!
Re: star trek 3 story ideas

tmosler wrote: View Post
Ok so i just thought of what i think would be perfect story idea for star trek 3. Since this is going to be the last movie in the trilogy and the 50th anniversary why not have the enterprise encounter a temperal anomaly in deep space (like yesterdays enterprise) and then go back in time where kirk is faced with the decision the prevent the uss kelvins distruction and save his father therefore restoring the timeline or to keep the current timeline. They could also find someway for the klingons to be involved (remember in the comics they captured the narada shortly after the kelvins distruction). Kirk could even say goodby to pike because he was an officer on the kelvin something he wasnt able to do in into darkness. Lastly they could have spock try to return to the prime timeline while ships from the prime timeline help escort him back. there could even be a easter egg where the enterprise d is seen in the background. Please reply about what you think of my idea or any story ideas of your own!
A clip show?

I'd like to see the beginnings of a war with the Klingons (aftermath of S31's meddling), with Kirk & Co. riding to the rescue with a bunch of action packed diplomacy and stuff. And maybe a handful of tribbles.
__________________
"Hello pants." - Gary Busey
urbandefault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2014, 02:53 AM   #77
Phily B
Fleet Captain
 
Phily B's Avatar
 
Location: United Kingdom
View Phily B's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek 3: Classic Trek or original story?

I really enjoyed STID but I think they need to be more original, John Harrison could stand on his own quite easily witohut the Khan stuff.
Phily B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2014, 02:56 AM   #78
Spockkirk
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: USA
Re: Star Trek 3: Classic Trek or original story?

I like the Spock prime ideal. That would be awesome and Kirk prime as well
Spockkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2014, 04:20 PM   #79
johnjm22
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: California
Re: Star Trek 3: Classic Trek or original story?

They're afraid to make a script without a bunch of rehashes and references to paleo-Trek. They think the established ST fan base won't like it otherwise.

Paramount has done market research to determine what needs to be in the movie to maximize its appeal to as many different demographics as possible.

Statistically speaking, space movies featuring earth perform better than those that don't. Therefore earth will most certainly be in the new film. Surveys of the general public show the main criticism of ST is that it's "boring," so STXIII will be action packed, BUT they don't want to offend old-school fans, so they'll have a long check list of references to TOS, TNG, & even DS9 worked in to make sure they're appeased. And don't forget Klingons and Borg. They're some of the most popular ST adversary's, so they'll surely be thrown into the script some how.

It will be one massive mashup of mediocrity, just like everything else that Orci has ever put his hands on.
johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2014, 05:19 PM   #80
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek 3: Classic Trek or original story?

johnjm22 wrote: View Post
They're afraid to make a script without a bunch of rehashes and references to paleo-Trek. They think the established ST fan base won't like it otherwise.

Paramount has done market research to determine what needs to be in the movie to maximize its appeal to as many different demographics as possible.

Statistically speaking, space movies featuring earth perform better than those that don't. Therefore earth will most certainly be in the new film. Surveys of the general public show the main criticism of ST is that it's "boring," so STXIII will be action packed, BUT they don't want to offend old-school fans, so they'll have a long check list of references to TOS, TNG, & even DS9 worked in to make sure they're appeased. And don't forget Klingons and Borg. They're some of the most popular ST adversary's, so they'll surely be thrown into the script some how.

It will be one massive mashup of mediocrity, just like everything else that Orci has ever put his hands on.
So you're bashing Orci for delivering the scripts that Paramount wants? Seems to me if someone hires you to do a job and gives you a checklist of things they want done, you do it. Or you won't be working for very long.
__________________
"I had no idea you were so... formidable. " - Anan 7 to James T. Kirk, A Taste of Armageddon
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2014, 05:24 PM   #81
Galileo7
Fleet Captain
 
Galileo7's Avatar
 
Location: U.S.A.
Re: Star Trek 3: Classic Trek or original story?

Original story with Klingons involved.
Galileo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2014, 06:51 PM   #82
TheSubCommander
Captain
 
TheSubCommander's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek 3: Classic Trek or original story?

Just say no to the Borg! And my preference is to have a completely new story and villain. I am fine with Easter Eggs and references to TOS, but would like to see uncharted territory. But if they are set on recycling...here's my opinion:

Actually, before ST ID came out, there was a rumor that the villain was going to be Gary Mitchell. I think if they wanted to have a classic story updated, that would be a good one to do. It could explore humanity and what happens to someone who becomes god-like or Q-like. I'm thinking sort of in the same vain as Dr. Manhattan...someone evolving to the point humanity, to Mitchell, is insignificant and insect-like, and even becomes a pest to be squashed. And Kirk having to deal with taking him out somehow...make it a classic trek morality tale!
TheSubCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2014, 07:04 PM   #83
johnjm22
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: California
Re: Star Trek 3: Classic Trek or original story?

BillJ wrote: View Post
So you're bashing Orci for delivering the scripts that Paramount wants? Seems to me if someone hires you to do a job and gives you a checklist of things they want done, you do it. Or you won't be working for very long.
By Orci's own admission, he has freedom when writing the ST scripts. Paramount gives him market statistics for his consideration.
johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 02:29 PM   #84
Robert_T_April
Captain
 
Robert_T_April's Avatar
 
Location: Yesterday's Enterprise
Re: Star Trek 3: Classic Trek or original story?

Smellmet wrote: View Post
Agree, part of me wants a totally new original story, but I haven't really got enough confidence the current bunch of writers can pull it off, I am also interested in a large-scale confrontation with the Klingons
I agree! Into Darkness set this up, and it would be great to see it played out. No Dreadnoughts... no time travel...no muddled script that is laden with plot holes... Just a great epic story involving the Klingons. That would be nice...
Robert_T_April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 02:44 PM   #85
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bulawayo Military Krral
Re: Star Trek 3: Classic Trek or original story?

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
This is what I want ST3 to be.
Love this idea, and think that it would be the most likely scenario to happen from the current producers/directors/writers.
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 05:49 PM   #86
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bulawayo Military Krral
Re: Star Trek 3: Classic Trek or original story?

johnjm22 wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
So you're bashing Orci for delivering the scripts that Paramount wants? Seems to me if someone hires you to do a job and gives you a checklist of things they want done, you do it. Or you won't be working for very long.
By Orci's own admission, he has freedom when writing the ST scripts. Paramount gives him market statistics for his consideration.
Most likely, he has to pay attention to said statistics somewhat when writing so that the script doesn't become a fan service wank, but appeals to everybody else beyond the fandom of Star Trek that also goes to the movie theater to see these movies.

Last edited by Shaka Zulu; June 12 2014 at 06:21 PM.
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 06:52 PM   #87
Dennis
The Man
 
Dennis's Avatar
 
Location: Leading a charmed life
Re: Star Trek 3: Classic Trek or original story?

If the next one is written as well as the last two it will be immensely entertaining and a very likely big success. So here's hoping.
__________________
Yes, I'm an American. Yes, we're crazy. Tell a friend.

Twenty consecutive quarters of profitability for Ford.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 11:31 PM   #88
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Star Trek 3: Classic Trek or original story?

Dennis wrote: View Post
If the next one is written as well as the last two it will be immensely entertaining and a very likely big success. So here's hoping.
+1
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 11:32 PM   #89
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek 3: Classic Trek or original story?

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Dennis wrote: View Post
If the next one is written as well as the last two it will be immensely entertaining and a very likely big success. So here's hoping.
+1
+2
__________________
"I had no idea you were so... formidable. " - Anan 7 to James T. Kirk, A Taste of Armageddon
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 11:59 PM   #90
urbandefault
Captain
 
urbandefault's Avatar
 
Location: Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot pie!
Re: Star Trek 3: Classic Trek or original story?

BillJ wrote: View Post
doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Dennis wrote: View Post
If the next one is written as well as the last two it will be immensely entertaining and a very likely big success. So here's hoping.
+1
+2
And one more makes 3.
__________________
"Hello pants." - Gary Busey
urbandefault is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.