Shatner Starts New Website
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Rumor Mill: Star Trek III Title
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Siddig: Getting And Playing The Role Of Martell
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Mulgrew: Why Born With Teeth
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Closed Thread

Old January 24 2014, 10:01 PM   #31
MikeS
Fleet Captain

Re: Working on STTNG

Fascinating stuff. Thanks.
Old January 24 2014, 10:06 PM   #32
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

Not to worry, Indysolo, Majel got another pair of lenses within a week! And Billcosby, I have a few more pictures of the core sample to post, so get ready, hehehehehe

You have to realize two things about that story, people.
One, this is a highly edited down version of the story as it appears in my book, and

two, if I did have any pictures of that day, and posted them here, I would get the BOOT!

GS
Old January 24 2014, 10:27 PM   #33
Maurice
Vice Admiral

View Maurice's Twitter Profile

I said they moved the wall with the windows to Stage 8, not the whole set.

Season 1 sickbay ward (image) with some windows covered (link)

Replacement walls in ward post season 1 (link)
Old January 24 2014, 11:09 PM   #34
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

Here are two links for some work that I had been doing on Pinnacle, with the corridors and engineering room from TOS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oygpVUAgDM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTzkU6LHN5A

also there is a small Haunted Mansion video that I'm still working on that you can check out as well.

Let me know what you think.

Greg Stone

Last edited by treknician1701; January 25 2014 at 12:34 AM.
Old January 25 2014, 02:01 PM   #35
Mutai Sho-Rin

Indysolo wrote: View Post
treknician1701 wrote: View Post
By the way, Edward informed me later that Majel had "Misplaced" her contact lenses that he loved so much, and I looked at him, and saw this look on his face, and a slight smile started to appear, and I knew that he had grabbed them. He later told me that they had become lost also, on one of his many moves from place to place, such is life!
What a cute story about stealing.
Unless you are a sinless stone-thrower, how about keeping your accusations to yourself. This applies to all you self-righteous keepers of the flame.

This guy may have crossed an ethical line once upon a time but his stories are about the most interesting content this forum has seen in a long time.
Old January 25 2014, 02:14 PM   #36
M
Vice Admiral

Mutai Sho-Rin wrote: View Post
Indysolo wrote: View Post
treknician1701 wrote: View Post
By the way, Edward informed me later that Majel had "Misplaced" her contact lenses that he loved so much, and I looked at him, and saw this look on his face, and a slight smile started to appear, and I knew that he had grabbed them. He later told me that they had become lost also, on one of his many moves from place to place, such is life!
What a cute story about stealing.
Unless you are a sinless stone-thrower, how about keeping your accusations to yourself. This applies to all you self-righteous keepers of the flame.

This guy may have crossed an ethical line once upon a time but his stories are about the most interesting content this forum has seen in a long time.
Eh, what? Indysolo is right; this story makes light of stealing, a criminal offense, last time I checked. His stories might be interesting, but let's not pretend that what he's talking about here isn't wrong. I mean, I can understand being a fan, but stealing from your employer in this way and telling it as a funny story? I don't know about you, but that just seems wrong to me. And please let's stop with all the "You might have done the same had you been there" attitude. I – and I hope most people – wouldn't act like that, were they professionally hired to work on Star Trek.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«

Last edited by M; January 25 2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old January 25 2014, 04:57 PM   #37
Andymator
Lieutenant Commander

Oh for fuck's sake lighten up. He didn't steal anything, he said he figured Majel's assistant stole the black contacts.
Old January 25 2014, 05:00 PM   #38
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Am I the only one who's weirded out by the fact that his friend would put contact lenses worn by someone else on his own eyeballs?
Old January 25 2014, 05:02 PM   #39
CorporalCaptain
Admiral

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
Am I the only one who's weirded out by the fact that his friend would put contact lenses worn by someone else on his own eyeballs?
No, and I'd guess that you and I aren't the only ones.
Old January 25 2014, 05:06 PM   #40
M
Vice Admiral

Andymator wrote: View Post
Oh for fuck's sake lighten up. He didn't steal anything, he said he figured Majel's assistant stole the black contacts.
For fuck's sake, I was talking about the assistant.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
Old January 25 2014, 05:11 PM   #41
Andymator
Lieutenant Commander

M wrote: View Post
For fuck's sake, I was talking about the assistant.
You clearly weren't;

M wrote: View Post
I mean, I can understand being a fan, but stealing from your employer in this way and telling it as a funny story? I don't know about you, but that just seems wrong to me.
Old January 25 2014, 05:13 PM   #42
Mutai Sho-Rin

END THIS!
Old January 25 2014, 05:47 PM   #43
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

First of all, I have no real PROOF that Edward grabbed the lenses, and YES, I, also, was kind of freaked out that he was wearing her contacts, which would have been prescribed only for her use, but he said that they fit perfectly well. Majel just assumed that her maid, a Mexican girl who didn't speak English and was later fired when some of Majel's jewelry disappeared, had either thrown away the contacts, or stole them. Edward was never suspect, and by the rules of evidence, he would be innocent!

That said, if we cannot say something constructive about anything I say, how about thinking about what you want to say, and keep the profanity to a really low level, for the sake of the board, and all the people who come here, PLEASE?

Many Thanks, Greg Stone
Old January 25 2014, 07:38 PM   #44
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

Now, to more PLEASANT things, today's PICTURES:

These are for my friend, interested in the core sample:

I hate to tell you this, but this core sample, made from foam core and plastic strips was dropped to a concrete floor from about 18-20 up, and was smashed into numerous bits! The good news was that we had actually made THREE of them, and the other good news was that David announced that we got the shot in ONE TAKE!

The saucer section that you can see in the other photo, was placed upside down and hoisted up so we could film the core sample coming out. I wanted to just push it up from below, but Dan Curry wanted it to be super slow motion, so it would look like we had hydraulics pushing it out. So, it was basically just shoved down the tube, and filmed at like 100 frames a second or something like that, I cannot remember.

The bits were thrown in the trash, and one core sample went with Dan Curry to his house, the other went with Kim Bailey to his house (where it sits to this day, I'm told) and the broken one was saved from the trash by ME!!! (I was always fishing stuff out of the dumpster, heheheehe) I took it home, repaired all the damage, as you can see from the closeup shots above, and it was sold to a nice TREK collector, who encased it in a plexiglass display case for his home display of various TREK items, including Data's fake head, and uniform, and an original "Varon-T" disruptor that he also got from me! It's always nice to find good homes for these things. And I had always provided all sorts of paperwork and background on all my stuff that I sold!

One of the STTNG tricorders from the late second, or early third season was sent over for repairs, and Kim basically thru it on my desk to fix. The electronics were totally smashed, as I had been informed that the prop was thrown clear across the soundstage, maybe one of you can tell me which episode that happened in. Anyway, the hinge was damaged, and the electronics were toast, so I decided that it would be better just to make a new one. The original people that were doing the prop work had apparently pissed off someone at the studio, and we were in between shops, so I took the tricorder apart and pulled a mold of it, after fixing some of the damage and smoothing out some of the imperfections on the original casting. About 6 or 7 years later, I discovered this old beatup tricorder in a box, and took it out. I still had all the electronics to go with it, so I put it back together, and sold it to a collector, as an original STTNG tricorder for $500.00. I did NOT give him any paperwork!

About 6 months later, I saw an auction on the east coast, with a few Star Trek items up for sale! The tricorder was among them, with full paperwork from the studio, signed by VIPs and certified original. The fellow that I sold it to, got 1,800.00 for it a WEEK after my sale, and he didn't know anything about the paperwork! The auction sold it for 3,772.00!!! I know that doesn't sound like much for an original today, but that was about 1995 or so, that was a lot of money back then. I was shocked and amazed!

More pictures and stories to come, my friends....

Greg Stone

Last edited by treknician1701; January 25 2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old January 25 2014, 08:47 PM   #45
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Looking at M's avatar I think we may have found where those contacts ended up.

That core sample was such a memorable scene.
Closed Thread