RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,168
Posts: 5,435,134
Members: 24,937
Currently online: 472
Newest member: bryanb2014

TrekToday headlines

Two Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Oct 22

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old January 31 2014, 07:35 PM   #166
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Working on STTNG

treknician1701 wrote: View Post

Answer: I was there with Edward, Majel's assistant, as I had stated in the original story, or did you miss that part?

GS
Nope.

I simply don't believe anything you've said so far.

EDIT: It would be real simple for Mr. Okuda (Mike Okuda) to verify who you are and the stories you're telling. All you have to do is send him a PM since he is a member here.
__________________
"If I hadn't tried, the cost would have been my soul." - Admiral James T. Kirk, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

Last edited by BillJ; January 31 2014 at 07:51 PM.
BillJ is offline  
Old January 31 2014, 07:45 PM   #167
trekker670
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Working on STTNG

Without taking a stance on the subject, I think you guys are talking about two different shots.

1) The medium shot of Troi and Lwaxana, which would have have been done with Marina and Majel, which is what I believe Mr. Stone saw on set.

2) The wider shot of Troi and Lwaxana filmed from behind, which is what everyone else is discussing and very likely was filmed with stand-ins.

So, I think you're having two different arguments. I think the point you're trying to argue about is whether (1) was shot with or without concealing parts of the lead actresses.
trekker670 is offline  
Old January 31 2014, 07:46 PM   #168
Indysolo
Fleet Captain
 
Indysolo's Avatar
 
Location: Sunny California
Re: Working on STTNG

Pics, or it didn't happen!

Neil
__________________
"Garret Wang's costume was so 'West Hollywood', I offered to be best man at his wedding."
-Walter Koenig on Garret Wang's Of Gods and Men costume
Indysolo is offline  
Old January 31 2014, 07:49 PM   #169
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Working on STTNG

Further points to consider:

When the production was shooting "Yesterday's Enterprise," one of the guys who wrote the story treatment (Stillwell? Ganino?) was constantly going down to the set and visiting, watching scenes being shot and interacting with the actors. When Rick Berman found out, he had security tightened or at the very least banned unnecessary personnel from being on the stages while filming took place. (I believe this is covered in "The Making of Yesterday's Enterprise" book.)

More importantly, why in the world would there be such easy access to the stages when such a scene (in Menage a Troi) was being filmed?
__________________
"You are the product. You feeling something. That's what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can't do what we do and they hate us for it."
--Don Draper
doubleohfive is offline  
Old January 31 2014, 07:59 PM   #170
Crypto
Caped Trek Mod
 
Crypto's Avatar
 
Location: Transporter buffer
Re: Working on STTNG

treknician1701 wrote: View Post
Tosk wrote: View Post
Also, I can't imagine why the Rura Penthe sets would be up one full year before filming. Ménage à Troi aired in May of 1990, and photography didn't start on Star Trek VI until April 1991.

To clear up a point! The only set from ST6 that I saw on stage 16 was the prison set, where Kirk and McCoy had the beds, and the one alien fought with Kirk.

Marina had no problem with film nudity, as was seen in "The Wicked Lady" where she was full frontal, and I think that in one of the books, Gene was quoted as "insinuating" that Majel was a "Naturalist" or something like that.

But the bottom line is that what I saw is what I SAW! Anyone who wants to dispute that is basically calling me a LIAR! It's not like the "Black Hole" issue, I was THERE, I SAW the shoot, and Ed was very upset over that, but never mentioned it to Majel, one way or the other.

It's like saying that I never saw the Eifel tower in Paris, that it was some sort of a CGI or Photoshop trick! I saw what I saw, end of discussion.

Don't banter it around and cause problems on the board, if you have actual and factual PROOF that I'm lying, then offer it up here!

Greg Stone
You seem awfully proud of what, if true, appears to be some pretty juvenile and unprofessional behavior. Why would you even talk about something like that?
__________________
Woof.
Misfit Toy
Crypto is offline  
Old January 31 2014, 08:09 PM   #171
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: Second star from the right
Re: Working on STTNG

PLEASE, people! You are ripping this thing to DEATH! Mike Okuda hates my guts, and has said publically that I had NEVER worked on the show, then that was changed to I had worked on a "couple of episodes", and now, who knows! BillJ, you are (it seems) a big fan of Mike's (an open letter to the okudas thread), and your only reason for being here is to rip me apart, same with Maurice, who I had known previously, and Doubleohfive. All with agendas to rip me apart, or get this thread shut down like they had done with the STTNG video thread. That is their only goal.

Marina can straighten this out, so can Edward, but I doubt that you would believe him, if he came on here, because he is a friend of "Greg Stone"!!

BTW, I had visited the set of "Yesterday's Enterprise" many times, and I had never been yelled at by Rick Berman or anyone else! I was on the sets MANY times, and had NEVER been told to leave, or was banned from the sets! I was known around the lot, and never had any problems with anyone. Rick Berman was a pretty nice guy to work with, as was Joe Longo, who recently passed away, he was a great guy. I never had a problem with Mike Okuda until AFTER I left, and that video was passed around and massive copies were made of it! Plus, after that point, he found out that I had dated his wife about 10 years BEFORE they met, and he didn't like that, or me.

Anyway, people, just cool your jets!

GS
treknician1701 is offline  
Old January 31 2014, 08:13 PM   #172
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Working on STTNG

treknician1701 wrote: View Post
PLEASE, people! You are ripping this thing to DEATH! Mike Okuda hates my guts, and has said publically that I had NEVER worked on the show, then that was changed to I had worked on a "couple of episodes", and now, who knows! BillJ, you are (it seems) a big fan of Mike's (an open letter to the okudas thread), and your only reason for being here is to rip me apart, same with Maurice, who I had known previously, and Doubleohfive. All with agendas to rip me apart, or get this thread shut down like they had done with the STTNG video thread. That is their only goal.
My only goal is to make sure I'm getting the truth. As far as being a fan of the Okuda's, you'll have to refresh my memory as I have only spoke to Mr. Okuda a couple of times here and this is the only Trek board that I'm a member of.
__________________
"If I hadn't tried, the cost would have been my soul." - Admiral James T. Kirk, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
BillJ is offline  
Old January 31 2014, 08:23 PM   #173
Indysolo
Fleet Captain
 
Indysolo's Avatar
 
Location: Sunny California
Re: Working on STTNG

If only you had brought your video camera to the sets that day.

Neil
__________________
"Garret Wang's costume was so 'West Hollywood', I offered to be best man at his wedding."
-Walter Koenig on Garret Wang's Of Gods and Men costume
Indysolo is offline  
Old January 31 2014, 10:06 PM   #174
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: Hollywood, CA
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Working on STTNG

treknician1701 wrote: View Post
PLEASE, people! You are ripping this thing to DEATH! Mike Okuda hates my guts, and has said publically that I had NEVER worked on the show, then that was changed to I had worked on a "couple of episodes", and now, who knows! BillJ, you are (it seems) a big fan of Mike's (an open letter to the okudas thread), and your only reason for being here is to rip me apart, same with Maurice, who I had known previously, and Doubleohfive. All with agendas to rip me apart, or get this thread shut down like they had done with the STTNG video thread. That is their only goal.

Marina can straighten this out, so can Edward, but I doubt that you would believe him, if he came on here, because he is a friend of "Greg Stone"!!

BTW, I had visited the set of "Yesterday's Enterprise" many times, and I had never been yelled at by Rick Berman or anyone else! I was on the sets MANY times, and had NEVER been told to leave, or was banned from the sets! I was known around the lot, and never had any problems with anyone. Rick Berman was a pretty nice guy to work with, as was Joe Longo, who recently passed away, he was a great guy. I never had a problem with Mike Okuda until AFTER I left, and that video was passed around and massive copies were made of it! Plus, after that point, he found out that I had dated his wife about 10 years BEFORE they met, and he didn't like that, or me.

Anyway, people, just cool your jets!

GS
The only agenda here is to get to the truth.

Based on your own history and alleged experience (which you have shared with us here) you are what they call in the storytelling world "an unreliable narrator." (Note: That's not a flame, it's a statement based on pure observation and participation in both your threads since you joined this message board last week.)

Given this, and your predilection for kleptomania and your well established reputation on other message boards like the Replica Prop Forum, I don't see any reason at all why anyone should be questioned or impugned for not taking your claims at face value. Three times already, I have cited sources that disprove or challenge the assertions you are insisting are true, yet you are unable to provide any kind of secondary source to back your claim up beyond your own IMDB page (which you wrote) and your oft mentioned friend "Ed."

I'm not buying it. Years ago, on this message board, there was a poster named Dalamar7 who pulled a very similar schtick, claiming to have been on staff at both TNG and DS9, available during wardrobe fitting hours and having been privvy to seeing just about all the actors completely naked while they dressed. People fell for it hook, line and sinker until it was proven that Dalamar7 was completely full of shit and just trolling this board.

You've posted some interesting photos of some models and the sets. That seems to be where your bread and butter are. Yet you continue to persist with these stories, each more outlandish than the last, yet no stories about actual work you did for TNG. I'm not the only person noticing this discrepancy but every time it's mentioned, you casually ignore it in favor of playing victim again as if you're being persecuted.
__________________
"You are the product. You feeling something. That's what sells. Not them. Not sex. They can't do what we do and they hate us for it."
--Don Draper
doubleohfive is offline  
Old January 31 2014, 10:37 PM   #175
WalkerBait
Trekker4747
 
WalkerBait's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Working on STTNG

Treknician1701, I don't have as... *ahem* a strong of an opinion about you as others around here seem to have developed since you've started posting here. Your posting style strikes me as "offensively defensive" if that makes any sense but, overall, I've got no real opinion of you. One is forming and it's not a "good" one but anymore that's my default position on people when the opinion starts forming.

I'm still willing to give you "some" benefit of the doubt but right now... You're not coming across too good.

This is an attempt at friendly advice, by the way I am in no way an official for the board.

I'd like to see you continue posting here as it's always nice to have people who've worked on the show(s)/movies around but... you probably need to dial back to 8 or so.

From my perspective you've got a lot of a battle to fight since you're fighting against people who're *very* big in the production side of things who're more grounded with the fandom. It's going to be hard for us to take your word over the word of the Okudas or quoted excerpts from the various books published on the series over the years.

It's nothing personal but if the Okudas say one thing and you say another I'm more likely to believe them. They've just got that much more weight and clout than you do. It's not fair, sure, but it's life. I suspect that's where a lot of people are coming from. Why should we take your word here for it when it contradicts things that've been said, or written, for years?

If your story is indeed true or more in line with the facts than, yeah, it's a shame your name is tarnished but, let's be fair, you did gain access to a set after hours and film it. That's not going to get too many people on your side. And even if damaged or missing props/set items did occur by someone else it's hard to not look at the guy we *know* got onto the set and filmed himself doing it rather than saying "maybe someone else did it." Unfortuantely it could be a case where you're like the trope of the mis-identified killer in a movie because you entered the room, picked up the murder weapon and started asking the victim if he's okay. Yeah, you didn't do it but right now things aren't looking in your favor.

My advice to you would be to take it easy and try to be more part of the community here and maybe accept the way things might look to those of us on the outside. I, personally, will give you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't responsible for stolen or damaged set items and are just a victim of circumstance and that there's just been confusing information over the years on what happened. But not everyone is going to be like me.

Take it easy and accept where people stand right now.

Try joining in a more passive discussion with us and you'll find people more accepting.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
WalkerBait is offline  
Old January 31 2014, 10:53 PM   #176
trekker670
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Working on STTNG

I, like Trekker4747, don't have much of an opinion, other than the fact that I've been intrigued with the story since I heard about it ten or so years ago, and I'm quite enjoying the stories and photos you're providing.

I also agree on the "offensively defensive," point, but I also believe that posters like BillJ and doubleohfive are being offensively critical of everything Treknician1701 says to the point where they're derailing the thread. (the OP simply ignoring the trolling comments would also be helpful as to not feed the argument.)

I have no problem if it's constructive to the conversation or points out an actual error in a statement (such as was done with photos of the saucer slice model, or the needless destruction of props), but pointed remarks such as "I simply don't believe anything you've said so far," don't add anything to the discussion and just lead to more derailing of the thread.

If you don't like what's being said or don't believe the source, either provide evidence stating your point (as has been done before, but "well I heard this guy once said..." isn't very helpful), or ignore the topic and carry on believe the OP is a fraud.
trekker670 is offline  
Old January 31 2014, 10:57 PM   #177
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: Second star from the right
Re: Working on STTNG

Well, that is good advice, Trekker, however, even though NOTHING was ever reported stolen from the sets, no props, panels or costumes, and no reported damage to any of the sets, I know, I CHECKED! However, Mike Okuda, Doug Drexler (allegedly) and several others had stated that there were things stolen, and that I had stolen them, cost MILLIONS of dollars of damage to the set, which had to be shut down from production, and a TON of other allegations, where there is completely no proof at all!

Some of these people, that you say I will find more accepting, will NEVER accept me, because of what I did to their precious Star Trek. It's like the whole John Lennon/ Jesus Christ statement all over again. He was MISQUOTED, and likewise, I am being unfairly slandered and attacked from all sides. The best thing to do is just shut down this thread, since that is what everyone seems to want, and fade away under a rock, as someone said.

GS
treknician1701 is offline  
Old January 31 2014, 10:58 PM   #178
WalkerBait
Trekker4747
 
WalkerBait's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Working on STTNG

trekker670 wrote: View Post
I also agree on the "offensively defensive," point, but I also believe that posters like BillJ and doubleohfive are being offensively critical of everything Treknician1701 says to the point where they're derailing the thread. (the OP simply ignoring the trolling comments would also be helpful as to not feed the argument.)
Yeah, it does seem some posters want to quickly put him on the defense and are being a bit needlessly critical of him. And, again, it comes from citing sources we've all had for decades now sources who're published and entrenched in the fandom. Again, it comes a lot easier to believe something read in the Companion, Encyclopedia or the Okuda's social networking pages than it is to believe a virtual unknown.

I think those attacking him need to maybe back-off a bit and maybe present a counter-claim in a less aggressive manner? But the OP has to make that claim also a bit less aggressively.

Work needs to be made on both sides.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
WalkerBait is offline  
Old January 31 2014, 11:05 PM   #179
dub
Fleet Captain
 
dub's Avatar
 
Location: Location? What is this?
Re: Working on STTNG

Hey treknician1701 if you're planning on sticking with this thread, can you tell us about some work you did on the show? Not "spicy" stories, but actual work. Who you worked for/with (first names if you can't give full names), what exactly was your part in the making of one of the shows, etc. Even if it sounds boring, I would find it interesting. Can't speak for everybody else, of course. Also, any pics of you with any of the cast/crew on set or on the lot?
dub is offline  
Old January 31 2014, 11:30 PM   #180
Mutai Sho-Rin
Moderator
 
Mutai Sho-Rin's Avatar
 
Location: Orange, CA USA
Re: Working on STTNG

I'm afraid this thread jumped the shark long ago and I was foolishly hoping it would find the tracks again. Guess not. The OP asked me in a PM to delete it but I think I'll just close it and let it sink slowly beneath the waves. Really sad that it became a credibility war instead of a fun look at some history of the show.
__________________
Into the sands of blood comes the Sho-Rin, master of the Mutai. Babylon 5 - TKO
Mutai Sho-Rin is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.