RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 147,026
Posts: 5,802,268
Members: 26,061
Currently online: 501
Newest member: DarrenTR1970

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Learning Curve
By: Michelle on Jul 31

Star Trek: The Exhibition In Washington State
By: T'Bonz on Jul 31

August-September 2015 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Jul 31

Shatner To Pen Book On Nimoy
By: T'Bonz on Jul 31

Star Trek Beyond Building Continues
By: T'Bonz on Jul 31

Trinneer In Western Horror
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Beam Me Up Scotty Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

UK Auction To Feature Spock Costume
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Pine To Star In Wonder Woman
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Pegg Teases Elba Character
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 14 2014, 04:38 AM   #1
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Legends with Sean Bean on TNT

Anybody catch the premiere of this tonight?

I laughed when they managed to get Ali Larter into a stripper costume that quick.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2014, 04:49 PM   #2
Admiral2
Vice Admiral
 
Admiral2's Avatar
 
Location: Langley
Re: Legends with Sean Bean on TNT

It didn't take long at all, did it?

A host of cliches here. The undercover guy who gets lost in his roles, the hot handler he had a one-nighter with for sexual tension, the young hotshot who doesn't like him, the tech geeks, and they even threw in a conspiracy with the guy in the hoodie.

I think the big draw is going to be seeing whether Sean Bean's character lives through the entire run.
__________________
"Understand, Commander: That torpedo did not self-destruct. You heard it hit the hull, and I was never here."

-Admiral James Greer
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2014, 06:31 PM   #3
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Legends with Sean Bean on TNT

Admiral2 wrote: View Post

I think the big draw is going to be seeing whether Sean Bean's character lives through the entire run.
the best bit was actually the Funny or Die bit after the show where Sean makes fun of the meme that he always dies.

Here it is.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2014, 06:41 PM   #4
Admiral2
Vice Admiral
 
Admiral2's Avatar
 
Location: Langley
Re: Legends with Sean Bean on TNT

sojourner wrote: View Post
Admiral2 wrote: View Post

I think the big draw is going to be seeing whether Sean Bean's character lives through the entire run.
the best bit was actually the Funny or Die bit after the show where Sean makes fun of the meme that he always dies.

Here it is.
__________________
"Understand, Commander: That torpedo did not self-destruct. You heard it hit the hull, and I was never here."

-Admiral James Greer
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21 2014, 01:23 PM   #5
Admiral2
Vice Admiral
 
Admiral2's Avatar
 
Location: Langley
Re: Legends with Sean Bean on TNT

Well, at least the second episode was better than the first...
__________________
"Understand, Commander: That torpedo did not self-destruct. You heard it hit the hull, and I was never here."

-Admiral James Greer
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2014, 06:17 PM   #6
Aragorn
Admiral
 
Aragorn's Avatar
 
Re: Legends with Sean Bean on TNT

Two team member deaths in two episodes.

Was nice to see the plot wasn't contained to one episode.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2014, 05:06 PM   #7
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker
 
Savage Dragon's Avatar
 
Location: New York, NY
Re: Legends with Sean Bean on TNT

Is it worth watching? I've seen the ads for a it quite a bit but they just weren't grabbing me.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2014, 10:38 PM   #8
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Legends with Sean Bean on TNT

No.

He's the greatest deep cover agent in the universe... But after the pilot, all of his deep cover missions are going to last 1 episode, which makes his super power super shit.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 04:31 AM   #9
Locutus of Bored
The Author of All Your Pain
 
Locutus of Bored's Avatar
 
Location: SPECTRE HQ
Re: Legends with Sean Bean on TNT

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
He's the greatest deep cover agent in the universe... But after the pilot, all of his deep cover missions are going to last 1 episode, which makes his super power super shit.
Yeah, this series would have been better served using season o half-season long arcs where he could use his deep cover skills to infiltrate and take down a group over the long term. Instead, they're telling not showing that he's the greatest at what he does while he burns off a bunch of deep cover identities that have been inactive for years but still have currently relevant connections somehow.

If the background plot of him possibly secretly being a CIA(?) agent but not remembering becomes more prominent then I guess that will suffice for long term deep cover, though. Possibly some kind of memory wipe technique ala' Total Recall so that even he doesn't know who he is.
__________________
'First Contact' is the tale of a man who just wants to cash in on his creation so he can get wasted on an island full of naked women, but his fans keep insisting that he's a saintly visionary who has profoundly altered the world. AKA - 'I Don't Want to be a Statue: The Gene Roddenberry Story.'
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 05:56 AM   #10
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: Legends with Sean Bean on TNT

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Two team member deaths in two episodes.

Was nice to see the plot wasn't contained to one episode.
Based a some plot synopsis (what's the plural of synopsis anyways?) I found that the plot started here
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 07:51 AM   #11
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Legends with Sean Bean on TNT

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
He's the greatest deep cover agent in the universe... But after the pilot, all of his deep cover missions are going to last 1 episode, which makes his super power super shit.
Yeah, this series would have been better served using season o half-season long arcs where he could use his deep cover skills to infiltrate and take down a group over the long term. Instead, they're telling not showing that he's the greatest at what he does while he burns off a bunch of deep cover identities that have been inactive for years but still have currently relevant connections somehow.

If the background plot of him possibly secretly being a CIA(?) agent but not remembering becomes more prominent then I guess that will suffice for long term deep cover, though. Possibly some kind of memory wipe technique ala' Total Recall so that even he doesn't know who he is.
That would mean that he's been under for 10 years or that his family (And Child.) is fake.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.