Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Closed Thread

Old January 25 2014, 03:22 AM   #76
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy
Re: Homemade documentary on TNG sets in 1988

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
I find it really hard to believe you weren't fired off the show after a shenanigan like this, Greg.

Just about the WORST thing you can do in Hollywood is be the reason a show or film shuts down production. It costs a ton of money and it's a huge hassle to everyone involved.

Seeing how you were bumbling about like some giddy teenager, knocking things over, in conjunction with the recollections of the Okudas, Guy Vardaman, and Doug Drexler (actual, confirmed and reputed former members of the production team), it's even more suspicious to me. Why would they lie? Here's an answer: They wouldn't. What possible reason can you give to refute the word of not one, not two, not three but FOUR people who are all saying the same thing about you?
Memory Alpha lists him working on the show until the third season.
Old January 25 2014, 03:36 AM   #77
trekker670
Fleet Captain

I don't think his credibility is really in question. As you mentioned, members of the production staff have confirmed that he was a member of the production. He's stated before that he was a special effect technician. His LinkedIn profile also confirms what he's been saying.

Was what he did 25 years ago a good idea for both his career and the production? No, probably not. Could he have been more careful? Yeah. Would any one of us done the same thing given the opportunity? Most likely.

This happened 25 years ago and didn't have any lasting repercussions on him or the show. Now I'd like to continue to see these rare pictures and hear his stories from the set.
Old January 25 2014, 08:23 AM   #78
Tosk
Rear Admiral

trekker670 wrote: View Post
I don't think his credibility is really in question.
Maybe, maybe not.

I'm not saying he doesn't have great Trek stories or photos etc, but judging from the Google searches I did I probably wouldn't go accepting any links or offers or requests to "take it to PMs".
Old January 25 2014, 06:12 PM   #79
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

Doubleohnothing:

I would say "I have half a mind to give you..." but that would only still make you a half-wit! Since you obviously don't know the FACTS, and seem to be talking thru your hat, I would just keep my comments to myself. If you cannot say anything constructive, just remain SILENT! (just like the moral minority)

Doug Drexler NEVER said anything about a stoppage of filming, and since he wasn't even on the show back then, he was being patronizing to Guy, and agreeing with him. Guy had not worked on THAT episode that was being filmed that day, nor did he work on the previous, or the next few following episodes, either, so HE wouldn't have any way of knowing exactly what shutdown was when.

Also, there was NEVER any damage to sickbay bed, no report of any missing items (I checked daily) and no report of ANYTHING that would involve me or that video, which the studios didn't even learn about until late 1990.

The reason that the studios stopped allowing any fans into the sets was a fellow named "Kevin", who was breaking into Paramount, and Universal, stealing costumes from "Battlestar Galactica" and other movies and shows. The Los Angeles times did a full writeup about his arrest in 1989, AFTER the video, but before the studio or the Okudas, or anyone ever knew about it!

Want to try and dispute these FACTS??

In the future, why don't you go TROLL some other site?

And, on a more POSITIVE note: Youtube/Google has agreed to have the video REMOVED from their site, and they will tag the video in case any other trolls decide to try and post it! My Attorney is worth the money I'm paying him!

Greg Stone

Last edited by treknician1701; January 25 2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old January 25 2014, 09:39 PM   #80
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
I find it really hard to believe you weren't fired off the show after a shenanigan like this, Greg.

Just about the WORST thing you can do in Hollywood is be the reason a show or film shuts down production. It costs a ton of money and it's a huge hassle to everyone involved.

Seeing how you were bumbling about like some giddy teenager, knocking things over, in conjunction with the recollections of the Okudas, Guy Vardaman, and Doug Drexler (actual, confirmed and reputed former members of the production team), it's even more suspicious to me. Why would they lie? Here's an answer: They wouldn't. What possible reason can you give to refute the word of not one, not two, not three but FOUR people who are all saying the same thing about you?
Memory Alpha lists him working on the show until the third season.
That's great. But Memory Alpha is also the wikipedia page for Star Trek, and I'd be curious as to what verification or notability that site has used to cite its sources.

EDIT: Looking at that page, the only two sources listed are IMDB and LinkedIn, both of which are user-generated. And while it's true, in order to have IMDB credit, you actually need to have it verified by them, IMDB also botches things up too.

I'm not disputing that Greg clearly did work on TNG for a time, I just think it's highly suspect that if he's going to use Memory Alpha as proof that he wasn't fired, in conjunction with the comments from the Okudas, et al, it's really shady that the only two verifiable sources of information are, inherently from Greg himself.

In other words, Greg is basically saying "Believe me because I have these two sites that verify what i'm saying because I wrote it there too!"

treknician1701 wrote: View Post
Doubleohnothing:

I would say "I have half a mind to give you..." but that would only still make you a half-wit! Since you obviously don't know the FACTS, and seem to be talking thru your hat, I would just keep my comments to myself. If you cannot say anything constructive, just remain SILENT! (just like the moral minority)

Doug Drexler NEVER said anything about a stoppage of filming, and since he wasn't even on the show back then, he was being patronizing to Guy, and agreeing with him. Guy had not worked on THAT episode that was being filmed that day, nor did he work on the previous, or the next few following episodes, either, so HE wouldn't have any way of knowing exactly what shutdown was when.

Also, there was NEVER any damage to sickbay bed, no report of any missing items (I checked daily) and no report of ANYTHING that would involve me or that video, which the studios didn't even learn about until late 1990.

The reason that the studios stopped allowing any fans into the sets was a fellow named "Kevin", who was breaking into Paramount, and Universal, stealing costumes from "Battlestar Galactica" and other movies and shows. The Los Angeles times did a full writeup about his arrest in 1989, AFTER the video, but before the studio or the Okudas, or anyone ever knew about it!

Want to try and dispute these FACTS??

In the future, why don't you go TROLL some other site?

And, on a more POSITIVE note: Youtube/Google has agreed to have the video REMOVED from their site, and they will tag the video in case any other trolls decide to try and post it! My Attorney is worth the money I'm paying him!

Greg Stone
Dude, you're the one bloviating on and on about this, not letting it die. I shared an opinion, gleaned from nearly a decade's worth of working on TV, including shows for Paramount. Apart from ignoring my questions about your work on Licence to Kill, you're just resorting to name calling and attempting to move goal posts and make this about me allegedly trolling you. Not gonna work.

I'll take the word of the Okudas over yours any day because I don't know a thing about you other than the fact that you bumbled around the sets after hours and had the idiotic idea that video recording it wouldn't be the dumbest thing you could do and the fact that the Okudas have been staples of the Trek productions and community for over 20 years.

Secondly: You're new here. It's not the best thing to do to go around accusing other people (let alone people you don't know) of being trolls. I've been a regular member on this board since 2001. I'm not here just to troll you (believe me, you'd know it if I were) so lighten up already.
Old January 25 2014, 10:50 PM   #81
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

Okay, you keep quoting "the Okudas", where is YOUR evidence?

And the reason that I referred to you as a troll was because your avatar states that you are a troll "reasons I troll...."

And if you cannot add anything constructive, please go to some other topic. I don't want to have to constantly defend every little thing I say.

I mean, I'm not the one coming on here, claiming that you are not "John Smith" or whatever name you have, and I've never accused you of not working where ever it is that you flip burgers. And I'm not laying a whole bunch of crap at your feet, claiming that you are responsible for just about everything since World War 2! Think about it.

I'm really tired of getting hammered over everything for the last 25 years!

Greg Stone

Last edited by treknician1701; January 25 2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old January 25 2014, 11:31 PM   #82
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

1) The avatar is a joke.

2) The article on Memory Alpha about you includes a brief excerpt from the radio interview with Drexler and Vardaman all about you. I've seen the Okudas comment on it on Facebook. I'd link to it, but we're not supposed to link to Facebook in posts here. If you're friends with them, perhaps you'll take the time to go see what they had to say about you.

3) Still no answers about your "work" on Licence to Kill.

4) I didn't blame you for anything near to "everything since World War 2" (It's II, not 2 and honestly, stop falling on your damn sword.)

5) Calling in to question the validity of your claims in the thread about the questionable claims you are making is absolutely constructive here. If you disagree, feel free to "Notify the Moderators" about it. Until then, all you're doing is moving goal posts, changing your arguments, and trying to distract from the fact that your story is full of holes the size of Texas without any reasonable, verifiable outside sources that might support your claims.
Old January 25 2014, 11:38 PM   #83
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Couldn't one just go to the end credits of an episode that Mr. Stone worked on to verify whether or not he worked on the show? Or is the position he is suppose to have had uncredited?
Old January 25 2014, 11:56 PM   #84
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

You can always PM me the link, I did several searches for anything that either Okuda had said about Greg Stone, and came up empty. I'm sure that my attorney would love to see something like that in PRINT!

Most of the info on Memory Alpha is completely in error, or missing. And PLEASE stop trying to correct me on every little point. WW2 or WWII, both are appropriate.

Next you'll be correcting my spelling and grammar!

When will it end.

You don't like me, I get that, just DEAL WITH IT, and stop trying to chase me from this board.
Old January 25 2014, 11:58 PM   #85
SpHeRe31459
Captain

BillJ wrote: View Post
Couldn't one just go to the end credits of an episode that Mr. Stone worked on to verify whether or not he worked on the show? Or is the position he is suppose to have had uncredited?
Usually only the top level people get their name in the credits (i.e. department supervisors and producers).
Old January 26 2014, 12:15 AM   #86
Mutai Sho-Rin

1) The avatar is a joke.

2) The article on Memory Alpha about you includes a brief excerpt from the radio interview with Drexler and Vardaman all about you. I've seen the Okudas comment on it on Facebook. I'd link to it, but we're not supposed to link to Facebook in posts here. If you're friends with them, perhaps you'll take the time to go see what they had to say about you.

4) I didn't blame you for anything near to "everything since World War 2" (It's II, not 2 and honestly, stop falling on your damn sword.)

5) Calling in to question the validity of your claims in the thread about the questionable claims you are making is absolutely constructive here. If you disagree, feel free to "Notify the Moderators" about it. Until then, all you're doing is moving goal posts, changing your arguments, and trying to distract from the fact that your story is full of holes the size of Texas without any reasonable, verifiable outside sources that might support your claims.
Please DROP IT. Your attacks on the OP are based only on conjecture, not on any opposing "facts". The next attack on his credibility will earn you a trolling warning.
Old January 26 2014, 12:33 AM   #87
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

The fact of the matter, to answer the question, is that I have NEVER had my name on any production, anywhere! I have a ton of people who can verify that I worked on productions, some of them noteworthy, but actually seeing my name on any screen, it just wasn't in the cards. To get my credits on IMDB.com, I had to have them contact the director, or someone like that to verify, otherwise I could say I just worked on any old movie.

And if I could do that, why, WHY would I want to give myself credit for working on "Killer Clowns from outer space"??? Think about it.

Greg Stone
Old January 26 2014, 01:28 AM   #88
Kev72
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Greg how do I go about seeing that Video of you on the set - I enjoyed it.

Kevin
Old January 26 2014, 01:32 AM   #89
Robert Comsol
Commodore

treknician1701 wrote: View Post
While there, on that day and others, there were MANY visitors to the sets, some given a tour from Richard Arnold, Gene's assistant. We personally saw him pulling out some of the isolineir chips and giving them to these fans, to keep. I may have gotten blamed for that one as well!
Although I can't comment on what Richard Arnold did or not, I definitely didn't get an isolinear chip from him on my tour.

However, I can confirm that stealing props from the set must have been a general problem. On the tour I got from Andrew Probert I wondered why the Stargazer model wasn't in Picard's office. He then called a guy for a key and opened what I vaguely remember to have been a tall and black locker where they stored all the smaller props in - including the Stargazer.

Bob
Old January 26 2014, 02:27 AM   #90
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Mutai Sho-Rin wrote: View Post
1) The avatar is a joke.

Please DROP IT. Your attacks on the OP are based only on conjecture, not on any opposing "facts". The next attack on his credibility will earn you a trolling warning.
My apologies, Mutai. I will no longer comment in this thread nor cause you any more trouble here.
Closed Thread