CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Closed Thread

Old January 22 2014, 11:00 PM   #46
GNDN
Commodore

Re: Homemade documentary on TNG sets in 1988

treknician1701 wrote: View Post
Did you read my previous posts? I WORKED on the show, I was on the sets MANY times, I was there when Majel and Marina were totally NAKED in that one episode! I had a studio pass that day! GEEEZZZ, Why do I even post?

Greg Stone
The stories ARE fascinating, and no one disputes you worked for the show. Nothing personal, but I'm not sure how many buy that you were supposed to be on the sets at the end of the day filming your own video. If you had every right to be there, why not simply say to the security guard, "Hey, it's me, Greg Stone. Nothing to worry about, here's my studio pass!"

I'm glad you've chosen to post and tell about your time on the show and I'm sure many here, myself included, would be far more interested in hearing about your work on the show, but so far you've only talked about others maligning you about the Sound FX recordings (defending allegations no one here admits they've even heard of) and now defending a 25 year old video made after everyone else but security had gone home.

I would personally love it if you were to start some new threads in this very forum talking about the TNG episodes you worked on, including those with naked Betazoids
Old January 22 2014, 11:31 PM   #47
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

Well, for one thing, this topic thread is referring to the video, so I wanted to talk about that. Secondly, the only reason that I didn't want to confront the guard and just decided it was better to "Walk out" (I did not pull a "Monty Python" and RUN AWAY!) was the fact that I would be reported to my boss, and I had a friend's camcorder, which would have been grabbed, along with the tape, and then we would have nothing here to discuss!

I will be only too happy to discuss my work and experiences working on STTNG. I have been typing a very thick book entitled "Trekkin in the studios" for about 10 years now, fighting with "Naturally speaking", trying against hope to get it to type what I am actually saying! I will create another topic thread for those conversations, okay?

Greg Stone
Old January 22 2014, 11:33 PM   #48
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

Oh, and the security guard from the video, "Gloria", I met up with her about 2 months after that night, and her and her boyfriend became good friends with me. I never reminded her of that night!

GS
Old January 22 2014, 11:34 PM   #49
M
Vice Admiral

GNDN wrote: View Post
I'd be interested to know what happened to the Sound FX post as well, since T'Bonz herself edited your original wall of text into something readable. ...
I suspect she closed it because treknician1701 offered a link to an illegal download of copyrighted music, which is prohibited as per the board rules.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
Old January 23 2014, 12:13 AM   #50
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

No, first off, I never offered any link to any music, secondly, I was suggesting that if anyone wanted some of my SOUND EFFECTS that they could PM me. If this was a big NO NO, why didn't someone just tell me about it, and I would revise my comment? Now that I know, I won't be offering anything to anyone! Besides, these sound effects are NOT the ones that GNP Crescendo records has, these have been out of copyright for decades!

Greg Stone
Old January 23 2014, 12:23 AM   #51
Maurice
Vice Admiral

View Maurice's Twitter Profile

I really suggest you PM T'Bonz about the issue since that will answer all your questions.
Old January 23 2014, 12:27 AM   #52
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Maurice wrote: View Post
I really suggest you PM T'Bonz about the issue since that will answer all your questions.
That's crazy enough that it just might work!
Old January 23 2014, 12:43 AM   #53
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

That would be really good, if I can only find out how to work the PM feature here. If you left click the person's username, there is no feature for "Private Message" And I can use some help figuring how to get a new photo on my avatar as well. I found the control panel for it, but when I choose "Edit avatar", it does nothing.

Please enlighten me.

GS
Old January 23 2014, 12:48 AM   #54
BillJ
Admiral

That would be really good, if I can only find out how to work the PM feature here. If you left click the person's username, there is no feature for "Private Message"

Please enlighten me.

GS
If you don't have PM privileges, you can also email her. Her email address is floating around here somewhere...
Old January 23 2014, 12:57 AM   #55
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

That's right, you have to have 28,000 posts and 6 months on the board before you can PM anyone, or even get PMs. Sorry, what a CLONE I am!

It's a non-issue anyway, since the topic thread has been deleted and gone away.

Nothing more to do.

GS
Old January 23 2014, 11:17 AM   #56
Creepy Critter
Admiral

There's a Contact us link at the bottom of the page.

How to contact "the administrator of the Trek BBS" isn't buried in any way, shape, or form.
Old January 23 2014, 10:47 PM   #57
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

I actually got a reply from T'bonz, who said that the owner of the board contacted her and said that they had been threatened! But she did not say by whom! I will find out more about this, because I highly doubt that Paramount would waste the time on it, and Neil Norman isn't really "tuned in" to situations like this. We will see.

Greg Stone
Old January 23 2014, 11:42 PM   #58
BillJ
Admiral

I actually got a reply from T'bonz, who said that the owner of the board contacted her and said that they had been threatened! But she did not say by whom! I will find out more about this, because I highly doubt that Paramount would waste the time on it, and Neil Norman isn't really "tuned in" to situations like this. We will see.

Greg Stone
It wouldn't be Paramount as CBS owns the rights to all of the Star Trek TV series now.
Old January 23 2014, 11:52 PM   #59
treknician1701
Lieutenant Commander

It's really funny, because all of the TREK stuff still says "CBS" and also "Viacom"! on the copyright. I thought that Viacom was no more, and that CBS was the only person in charge. How ironic is that? CBS turned down Star Trek originally, because they were developing "Lost in Space", and you KNOW that any single TV network cannot have TWO scifi series, right? Hehehehehehe

Greg Stone
Old January 24 2014, 02:38 AM   #60
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

I was let off with no jail time and only community service for two weeks!
You got two weeks for a trespass conviction? That doesn't sound like you got off easy, it actually seems high. How many hours did that come out to?