RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,672
Posts: 5,429,644
Members: 24,823
Currently online: 513
Newest member: voyagerman49


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 14 2014, 07:40 AM   #1
CrazyMatt
Commander
 
CrazyMatt's Avatar
 
Location: Paradise
U.E.S.P.A. series covers... are they here?

Based on this site:

http://www.theastrobar.com/art/1015-...-two-more.html

Are there more "covers" posted somewhere on The Trek BBS? Can anyone point me to them?

These are very nice and I'm considering making a few myself. Anyone else game?

Thanks....
__________________
"You are speaking to a senior officer, Kirk!"
CrazyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2014, 06:40 PM   #2
Mysterion
Rear Admiral
 
Mysterion's Avatar
 
Location: SB-31, Daran V
Re: U.E.S.P.A. series covers... are they here?

Check out this thread: http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=211486
__________________
USS Galileo Galilei, NCC-8888
Prima Inter Pares
Mysterion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2014, 06:36 AM   #3
CrazyMatt
Commander
 
CrazyMatt's Avatar
 
Location: Paradise
Re: U.E.S.P.A. series covers... are they here?

Mysterion wrote: View Post
Very good stuff... but not the books from the link I mentioned. Many thanks anyways.
__________________
"You are speaking to a senior officer, Kirk!"
CrazyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2014, 07:43 AM   #4
The Lensman
Fleet Captain
 
The Lensman's Avatar
 
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: U.E.S.P.A. series covers... are they here?

CrazyMatt wrote: View Post
Based on this site:

http://www.theastrobar.com/art/1015-...-two-more.html

Are there more "covers" posted somewhere on The Trek BBS? Can anyone point me to them?

These are very nice....
CrazyMatt wrote: View Post
Mysterion wrote: View Post
Very good stuff... but not the books from the link I mentioned. Many thanks anyways.
Crazy Matt, I'm guessing you only looked at the pictures in that thread and not at who posted them, otherwise you'd have seen the artist who created the covers you're looking for. Which by an amazing coincidence is me.
I rarely visit the forums dedicated to specific shows, so I didn't see your post. It was a surreal experience to say the least!

I'm astounded that you found those old pics at The Astrobar as I thought they'd been wiped during one of the board changes. As for "are there more?"

Short answer: Yes. Though they may not have the uniform look of the originals. It has been a decade since I posted those pics.

I'll probably start a thread about it in the Fan Art section as that's a more appropriate venue for it's discussion. Thanks for the kind words, it's always fun to see someone enjoy this stuff!
__________________
"Everyone Booze Up And Riot!!"
.....Milk and Cheese.....
The Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2014, 10:06 PM   #5
Indysolo
Fleet Captain
 
Indysolo's Avatar
 
Location: Sunny California
Re: U.E.S.P.A. series covers... are they here?

The publishers of "These Are The Voyages" liked it too!

Neil
__________________
"Garret Wang's costume was so 'West Hollywood', I offered to be best man at his wedding."
-Walter Koenig on Garret Wang's Of Gods and Men costume
Indysolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2014, 06:38 AM   #6
CrazyMatt
Commander
 
CrazyMatt's Avatar
 
Location: Paradise
Re: U.E.S.P.A. series covers... are they here?

The Lensman wrote: View Post
I'm astounded that you found those old pics at The Astrobar as I thought they'd been wiped during one of the board changes. As for "are there more?"

Short answer: Yes. Though they may not have the uniform look of the originals. It has been a decade since I posted those pics.

I'll probably start a thread about it in the Fan Art section as that's a more appropriate venue for it's discussion. Thanks for the kind words, it's always fun to see someone enjoy this stuff!
Excellent. Superb. Highest Kudos. Please point me in the direction of the new thread you mentioned, as I'm dying to see any others.

I'm bandying about the idea of doing a few myself, for my favorite episodes at least (Doomsday Machine, Ultimate Computer, etc.). I'd love to see if they're already part of your collection!
__________________
"You are speaking to a senior officer, Kirk!"
CrazyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2014, 08:56 AM   #7
The Lensman
Fleet Captain
 
The Lensman's Avatar
 
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: U.E.S.P.A. series covers... are they here?

CrazyMatt wrote: View Post
The Lensman wrote: View Post
I'm astounded that you found those old pics at The Astrobar as I thought they'd been wiped during one of the board changes. As for "are there more?"

Short answer: Yes. Though they may not have the uniform look of the originals. It has been a decade since I posted those pics.

I'll probably start a thread about it in the Fan Art section as that's a more appropriate venue for it's discussion. Thanks for the kind words, it's always fun to see someone enjoy this stuff!
Excellent. Superb. Highest Kudos. Please point me in the direction of the new thread you mentioned, as I'm dying to see any others.

I'm bandying about the idea of doing a few myself, for my favorite episodes at least (Doomsday Machine, Ultimate Computer, etc.). I'd love to see if they're already part of your collection!

Thanks! They are and you can see the front cover of Ultimate Computer in the thread Mysterion linked to. I need to work up the back cover, but first I need to remember my specific take on UC. Doomsday Machine front is also done (has been for a couple of years) like UC, need the back text.
__________________
"Everyone Booze Up And Riot!!"
.....Milk and Cheese.....
The Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2014, 06:37 PM   #8
CrazyMatt
Commander
 
CrazyMatt's Avatar
 
Location: Paradise
Re: U.E.S.P.A. series covers... are they here?

These covers are also reminiscent of the Battlestar Galactica paperbacks that came out in the 80s after the (original) series had been cancelled. These were excellent books that provided a lot of backstory while remaining faithful to the actual televised episode.




It would be great if some talented writer did likewise with TOS episodes, which is what The Lensman's (and other's) covers simulate. Inspired by the BSG books mentioned above, years ago I pondered the idea of writing 'the story before the story' of "The Doomsday Machine." The first half would have introduced the crew of the Constellation to the reader and then told the story of their fateful battle with the Planet Eater. The second half would have then been based on the events seen in the actual episode. Alas, it remains just a nice idea all these years later.
__________________
"You are speaking to a senior officer, Kirk!"
CrazyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.